PDA

View Full Version : Tonic

Flasteel
11-21-2010, 06:24 PM
This game had the potential to send us into a dark abyss or define us as a legitimate player, and we came through with the most dominating performance in years. Overcoming 2 TDs called back by the most inept officiating crew I've ever seen only added an exclamation point.

No flaws today. The penalties were largely BS and NOT a product of an undisciplined team. BA even came through today, despite that ill-timed [and executed] throw-back to Ben.

Defensive pressure all day long.
Great coverage on the back end.
Troy was making plays again.
Harrison was a beast.
Ben was on the money.
Receivers made big catches and runs.

It's like the polar opposite of last week. :tt2

:Boobs

Sugar
11-21-2010, 06:28 PM
So many were looking for how this team would respond after last weeks beatdown. Would we respond like NE had after being humiliated by the Browns or go into a tailspin like last week?

Goes to show that it's never as good or bad as it seems. Hopefully the team can use this to build consistency for the balance of the year.

AngryAsian
11-21-2010, 07:23 PM
Agreed on all points.

The question remains... will James Harrison be the first player in NFL history to win Defensive Player of the Week and be suspended? Ridiculous calls all afternoon.

papillon
11-21-2010, 09:15 PM
The Steelers looked good because the Raiders suck. :stirpot :P

The players must be great this week and Tomlin, Lebeau and Arians are still idiots. :moon :P

Pappy

Discipline of Steel
11-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Agreed on all points.

The question remains... will James Harrison be the first player in NFL history to win Defensive Player of the Week and be suspended? Ridiculous calls all afternoon.

He already has the DPOW/Fine of the Week award so why not? Im starting to see his fines as a badge of honor and if he is suspended, its martyrdom in my eyes.

The Man is a true hero fighting for what is right.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Overcoming 2 TDs called back by the most inept officiating crew I've ever seen only added an exclamation point.

Let's not refer to two TDs called back. It takes away from the point of the inept officiating.

The punt return penalty was blatant, and an obvious call. Let's not lump that one in with the bogus late hit call on JH.