PDA

View Full Version : NFL's worst nightmare...

brothervad
11-21-2010, 05:44 PM
Super Bowl XLV -- MVP

QB Ben Rothlesberger.

Enough said.

I wasn't a conspiracy theorist before, but week in, week out I am beginning to beileve they will do anything in their power to ensure the above does not happen.

brothervad

DukieBoy
11-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Vick vs Ben would be quite concerning for the NFL (not that I want to see it).

brothervad
11-21-2010, 05:52 PM

Dukie,

After this week I don't agree...don't you remember Goodell came out and praised the Vick-less Bastard.

Said he is a model citizen both on and off the field.

Vick would be a redemption story as far as Goodell is concerned.

brothervad

DukieBoy
11-21-2010, 05:54 PM

Dukie,

After this week I don't agree...don't you remember Goodell came out and praised the Vick-less Bastard.

Said he is a model citizen both on and off the field.

Vick would be a redemption story as far as Goodell is concerned.

brothervad
I did not hear that, Vad. Maybe Goodell is intentionally setting a tone where Vick is concerned.

pfelix73
11-21-2010, 05:58 PM
Thier worst nightmare would be if the fans actually stopped paying all this money for tickets and protested on how much the league has become a laughing stock. Flag football anyone?

:tt1

ALLD
11-21-2010, 06:14 PM
There is something going on behind the scenes and it has to do with the CBA and the Steeler's FO. There is one message from Kraft where the CBA is almost done and another from the Steelers where the deal is far from done. There is a separation and the Steelers are being pressured.

Oviedo
11-22-2010, 09:33 AM
I said months ago that the last thing Goodell wants to do is to hand Ben the Super Bowl trophy in front of a billion fans.

Just accept it. The fix is in. The Steelers will make the play offs but they WILL NOT be allowed to win the Super Bowl.

feltdizz
11-22-2010, 10:36 AM
I said months ago that the last thing Goodell wants to do is to hand Ben the Super Bowl trophy in front of a billion fans.

Just accept it. The fix is in. The Steelers will make the play offs but they WILL NOT be allowed to win the Super Bowl.

It sure seems that way... but it can't be a conspiracy can it? :stirpot

RussBII
11-22-2010, 10:38 AM

I hate conspiracy theories, but man it sure seems like the Steelers play by a different (stricter) set of rules. That game was nuts yesterday. Some calls were right on (holding on the PR) but the Woodley and Harrison calls were RIDICULOUS.

I really don't know what Harrison is supposed to do anymore.

SteelerNation1
11-22-2010, 10:42 AM

I hate conspiracy theories, but man it sure seems like the Steelers play by a different (stricter) set of rules. That game was nuts yesterday. Some calls were right on (holding on the PR) but the Woodley and Harrison calls were RIDICULOUS.

Harrison should take a blatant roughing call real early in the game...get it out of the way.

RussBII
11-22-2010, 10:46 AM

Harrison should take a blatant roughing call real early in the game...get it out of the way.

Like they'll only give him one? That shot on Campbell was textbook.

DukieBoy
11-22-2010, 10:48 AM

It's like, ifthe refs don't get James for at least one personal foul, they'll be scrutinized closely by Goodells minions ... it's like a negative bounty on James.

aggiebones
11-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Vick versus Big Ben
IN DALLAS. Can you imagine the Cowboys fans grimacing on that one. lol

SidSmythe
11-23-2010, 06:52 AM

they tried that in 2005 against the Colts and we overcame!

Oviedo
11-23-2010, 11:26 AM

they tried that in 2005 against the Colts and we overcame!

I'm always hoping that "The Chief" has a little more influence with his friends in heaven that Goodell does with the devil he has sold his soul to. A little Irish magic can hopefully overcome Goodell's evil agenda.

Crash
11-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Watch the Harrison play again. Corrente only threw the flag after Ike was near the endzone. It's like Corrente waited to see who hit Campbell rather than just the hit itself.

NW Steeler
11-23-2010, 02:34 PM

No way! If anything the Steelers get all of the calls and the NFL wants them to win the SB every year! Just ask any Seahawk fan!

:roll:

:loser

focosteeler
11-23-2010, 06:52 PM
they just kinda talked about this on P.T.I. which qb would Roger rather see the Super Bowl...Vick or Ben