PDA

View Full Version : OT: Jets are really lucky

feltdizz
11-21-2010, 05:15 PM
and Holmes did it again.

msp26505
11-21-2010, 05:16 PM
They are a decent team.

But luck like theirs of recent weeks tends to run out.

focosteeler
11-21-2010, 05:19 PM
the past 3 weeks have shown that they can be beat...the texans would find a way to mess it up. :HeadBanger

grotonsteel
11-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Texans may fire Gary Kubiack as their HC and Steelers hire him as their OC next season.. :wink:

BradshawsHairdresser
11-21-2010, 05:37 PM
It's more than luck. At this point, I think they may be the best team in the league.

Hopefully, by season's end, they get passed up by our Steelers.

BTW, looking like the Jets got decent value for that 5th-round pick, no?

hawaiiansteel
11-21-2010, 05:43 PM

we should included a provision in that trade where we received an additional pick if Santokio catches 3 game-winning balls in 3 consecutive games...

feltdizz
11-21-2010, 06:35 PM
It's more than luck. At this point, I think they may be the best team in the league.

Hopefully, by season's end, they get passed up by our Steelers.

I don't think the best team in the league needs miracle plays every week against half decent teams.

I know good teams find ways to win but the best team in the league they are not.

SteelCzar76
11-21-2010, 07:22 PM
They (Jets) kinda look like us the season of the last title run to me. (shrugging)

Staunch defense, anemic offense with little or no consistency. With an undersized big game receiver who's Y.A.C is more often than not their saving grace on that side of the ball. (Offense)

But it's nothing,... surely that kid (aforementioned receiver) will not win another title with the Jets. His karma is to bad right,...i mean he's a violent, weed smoking rapist that our organization felt lacked the "character" to remain a Steeler. :lol: :lol:

feltdizz
11-21-2010, 07:42 PM
They (Jets) kinda look like us the season of the last title run to me. (shrugging)

Staunch defense, anemic offense with little or no consistency. With an undersized big game receiver who's Y.A.C is more often than not their saving grace on that side of the ball. (Offense)

But it's nothing,... surely that kid (aforementioned receiver) will not win another title with the Jets. His karma is to bad right,...i mean he's a violent, weed smoking rapist that our organization felt lacked the "character" to remain a Steeler. :lol: :lol:

ehh.... we pulled out wins against pretty good competition. The Jets are playing with fire against some mediocre teams.

It is a little bitter to watch Holmes win these games though... but I'm not surprised.

BURGH86STEEL
11-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Jets made the plays when they needed to make them. Not sure that is luck.

msp26505
11-21-2010, 08:42 PM

I'm glad he's gone. The Steelers have replaced him with Wallace. They will soon replace Wallace with Sanders and/or Brown. They started that process today, in fact.

If it bothers you so much, please go root for the Jets...

http://forums.theganggreen.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

AngryAsian
11-21-2010, 08:58 PM

Flawed logic... we won our SB campaign with the hardest schedule in the NFL that year... Let's see who the Jets have beat:

New England 8-2
Miami 5-5
Buffalo 2-8
Minnesota 3-7
Denver 3-6
Detroit 2-8
Cleveland 3-7
Houston 4-6

Only one team has a winning record. These guys suck and they've eeked out wins the last three weeks... with the last 5 teams they've beat only averaging a 5 point margin of victory per game. This team is poised for a big let down... but who knows. Out of their last 6 games only Chicago, New England and Pittsburgh have winning records, so they'll probably cheese out with a wild card birth.

SteelCzar76
11-21-2010, 09:01 PM

I'm glad he's gone. The Steelers have replaced him with Wallace. They will soon replace Wallace with Sanders and/or Brown. They started that process today, in fact.

If it bothers you so much, please go root for the Jets...

http://forums.theganggreen.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Well,..that's gonna be a problem for me babygirl. (Rooting for the Jets) As i have been a member of the Steeler Nation long before it was a Nation and i was but i mere child.

However,....i am also a HUGE fan of almost divine comeuppance. :lol:

SteelCzar76
11-21-2010, 09:11 PM

Flawed logic... we won our SB campaign with the hardest schedule in the NFL that year... Let's see who the Jets have beat:

New England 8-2
Miami 5-5
Buffalo 2-8
Minnesota 3-7
Denver 3-6
Detroit 2-8
Cleveland 3-7
Houston 4-6

Only one team has a winning record. These guys suck and they've eeked out wins the last three weeks... with the last 5 teams they've beat only averaging a 5 point margin of victory per game. This team is poised for a big let down... but who knows. Out of their last 6 games only Chicago, New England and Pittsburgh have winning records, so they'll probably cheese out with a wild card birth.

Soooo,.....what exactly would that say about us if say,..they (Jets) absolutely took us apart in week 15 ? (I mean,.. not that that could happen as we always play our best against the better teams in the league. :lol: )

And to take it a step further while speaking hypothetically,..what if Santo was to have a monster game in that said victory ? How would you feel about that ?

AngryAsian
11-21-2010, 09:21 PM

New England 8-2
Miami 5-5
Buffalo 2-8
Minnesota 3-7
Denver 3-6
Detroit 2-8
Cleveland 3-7
Houston 4-6

Soooo,.....what exactly would that say about us if say,..they (Jets) absolutely took us apart in week 15 ? (I mean,.. not that that could happen as we always play our best against the better teams in the league. :lol: )

And to take it a step further while speaking hypothetically,..what if Santo was to have a monster game in that said victory ? How would you feel about that ?

My post was in response to your assertion that the Jets looks like '08 Steelers, which I disagree with because the competition we faced during our SB run was stiffer. As for your "what if's"... I'm sure a defeat is possible, but for now I'll just make observations on what has already transpired. And if Santonio has a monster game, what does that have to do with anything? Please pull a post out of your ass to where I've ever mentioned Santonio in the negative. I was a fan and found him integral to this team's former success... but now he plays for the competition, and so when he comes to town in week 15, I will not be routing for him.

focosteeler
11-21-2010, 09:29 PM

New England 8-2
Miami 5-5
Buffalo 2-8
Minnesota 3-7
Denver 3-6
Detroit 2-8
Cleveland 3-7
Houston 4-6

i would be extremely angry...i hope that the D sets the tone early in that game and crushes both santo and especially edwards (i freaking hate that guy) coming over the middle (legal of course)

Steelerphile
11-21-2010, 09:34 PM

New England 8-2
Miami 5-5
Buffalo 2-8
Minnesota 3-7
Denver 3-6
Detroit 2-8
Cleveland 3-7
Houston 4-6

You claim to be a Steeler fan but you present yourself as someone with mixed sympathies. You clearly do not like anything about Tomlin and appear to be glad when bad results befall the Black and Gold coached by Tomlin.

How would you feel if the Jets lose to the Steelers? You'd be crestfallen as it would represent another dent in your usually inaccurate analysis. We'll see what happens in the game but the Jets won't take the Steelers apart. Under Sanchez they do not have a high-octane offense. The worst loss the Steelers have had under Tomlin is last week to the Patriots with a great QB, Brady,, playing at a high level.

The Jets could only hope for another miracle last-minute drive, but against the Steelers it would probably be too little too late.

NJ-STEELER
11-22-2010, 04:50 AM
their defense has actually let them down the last few games...especially today.

cant believe houston let edwards catch that ball to get them down there...WTF were they doing there...how are they not in a serious prevent and protecting the sidelines

Steelers>NFL
11-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Texans may fire Gary Kubiack as their HC and Steelers hire him as their OC next season.. :wink:

I have been thinking the exact same thing...

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2010, 02:35 PM

New England 8-2
Miami 5-5
Buffalo 2-8
Minnesota 3-7
Denver 3-6
Detroit 2-8
Cleveland 3-7
Houston 4-6

i would be extremely angry...i hope that the D sets the tone early in that game and crushes both santo and especially edwards (i freaking hate that guy) coming over the middle (legal of course)

Crushes? Legal? Does not compute...

In Goodell's new sunshine and rainbows NFL, that seems to be quite oxymoronic. A Steeler crushing an opposing player in any manner whatsoever, even if no helmet-to-helmet hit is involved, will automatically be considered to be illegal (see Ryan Clark, LaMarr Woodley, and James Harrison penalties against the Raiders...all should be perfectly legal football plays, but since it was Steeler players crushing opposing players, those plays gave Oakland 45 more yards and erased a TD scored against them as well).

hawaiiansteel
11-25-2010, 02:35 AM
Five things to watch: Bengals at Jets

November, 24, 2010
By Tim Graham

The New York Jets will resume their high-wire act at 8:20 p.m. Thursday, when they play the Cincinnati Bengals at the Meadowlands.

I give you five questions to consider about the game from a Jets perspective:

Can the Jets win a game without requiring divine intervention? The Jets are on an obnoxious roll of dramatic victories. They've played like a team of destiny, repeatedly catching breaks and capitalizing in the final moments to remain atop the AFC East. Jets head coach Rex Ryan has been unapologetic about his team's improbable success, but I'm sure he'd love to survive Thanksgiving without indigestion and win a home game comfortably.

Can the Jets make the Bengals quit? The Bengals can be explosive, as they showed in the first half Sunday against the Buffalo Bills. The Bengals also can implode, as they did in the second half. The Bengals surrendered 35 unanswered points and folded before our eyes, helping the Bills win for just the second time. The Bengals are mentally fragile. If the Jets can crack them early, then the game should turn into a rout.

Will Darrelle Revis be above average against Terrell Owens or Chad Ochocinco? T.O. has been dismissive of Revis this week, calling the All-Pro "an average corner to me." Owens has been the catalyst for Cincinnati's offense and is among the league leaders with 62 receptions for 897 yards and eight touchdowns. Ochocinco has been quieter, but remains dangerous. Revis and Antonio Cromartie will see plenty of action, which means they'll have opportunities to make big plays.

Does Shonn Greene continue to get the majority of carries? Through the first eight games, Greene rushed more times than LaDainian Tomlinson just twice. But in each of the past two weeks, Green has been getting more attempts. Tomlinson continues to take his touches in the passing game, but it appears the Jets are transitioning into a winterized ground game while also preserving the 31-year-old Tomlinson down the stretch.

How can Mark Sanchez outdo himself? Maybe he'll help old ladies cross the 50-yard line while the Jets' defense is on the field. Maybe he'll rescue a cat stuck in the rafters during pregame warm-ups. Maybe he'll help change tires for stranded motorists on the Jersey Turnpike at halftime. Maybe he'll stage an Oprah-style "My Favorite Things" show in the parking lot. It has been that kind of month for the second-year quarterback.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... ls-at-jets (http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/32270/five-things-to-watch-bengals-at-jets)