hawaiiansteel
11-21-2010, 03:53 PM
to get him to throw a punch at Ben and get himself ejected from the game:

perhaps:

"Hey #92, why are you sweating?! You haven't done anything!"

did anyone else have a chance to read Ben's lips? :lol:

Steelgal
11-21-2010, 05:26 PM
So, who looks hotter with long hair? Justin Beiber or Tom Brady?

Discipline of Steel
11-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Holy crap, the defender never even tried to touch him...That was too easy!

SteelCzar76
11-21-2010, 06:09 PM
Who know's what he said,.. but i bet he's glad he said it with a helmet on. :lol: Because if that shot (unbalanced pure arm slap) rolled him up like a ten year old, i would hate to see what would have been the result if it was an actual fight. :lol:

jj28west
11-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Was that Ziggy making his presence known by standing at Ben's side when he went down?

hawaiiansteel
11-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Was that Ziggy making his presence known by standing at Ben's side when he went down?

maybe, but it was Kemo who b!tch-slapped Seymour in retaliation.

Jigawatts
11-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Oakland's A/V Club not as good as New England's?

isonator07
11-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Your mom left her panties in the bathroom last night.

hawaiiansteel
11-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Slap-happy Seymour deserves hit even after Steelers' smackdown

By Gregg Doyel
CBSSports.com National Columnist
Nov. 21, 2010

PITTSBURGH -- After Oakland's Richard Seymour sucker-punched Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, the Steelers delivered their message. Now it's up to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to deliver his -- and that hard-ass better deliver one of the sternest messages of his life.

After the 6-foot-6, 310-pound Seymour sucker-punched Roethlisberger late in the first half Sunday, the Steelers handled it their way. They pulverized Oakland 35-3, sacking the Raiders six times, forcing three turnovers and pouring it on in the final minutes. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin took several shots downfield in the fourth quarter and had Roethlisberger throw a 16-yard touchdown pass with less than 75 seconds left for the final margin -- and the final message:

Don't mess with our quarterback.

Message received.

"Tomlin, he went for the throat," Raiders defensive tackle Tommy Kelly said. "It's all good. It'll come around."

Excuse me? There's nothing to "come around." Richard Seymour played dirty. The officials ejected him, and the Steelers retaliated on the remaining Raiders by winning huge. The only thing left is the verdict from the NFL's notoriously tough commissioner, Goodell, who has fined Steelers linebacker James Harrison three times this season for more than $100,000.

"There needs to be some reciprocity," Steelers offensive tackle Jonathan Scott said. "If James Harrison is going to be fined for his hits, let's see what happens to [Seymour]."

Unlike the Steelers, who were livid with Seymour -- Steelers guard Chris Kemoeatu immediately hit Seymour in the face, drawing a 15-yard penalty and probably a fine from Goodell and later telling me, "It seemed like the right thing to do" -- Goodell won't be running hot. He needs to be cold and calculating when he decides what to do with Seymour, and he won't be simply punishing Seymour for that open-handed strike that sent Roethlisberger to the ground. Goodell needs to send an unmistakable message to Seymour, and to the rest of the league, that such behavior will not be tolerated.

I'm thinking a hefty fine, or a suspension, or both. Ideally, both. The problem here is the victim. Roethlisberger? To many, he's no victim. To many, he deserves whatever he gets on the field. Roethlisberger has avoided criminal punishment off the field after being accused twice of sexual assault, but in the court of public opinion he was guilty. To some people, Seymour will not be seen as a dirty player. He will be seen as an avenging angel.

To me, he's dirty. Period. Seymour wasn't avenging women everywhere when he smashed Roethlisberger in the face. He was lashing out after a humbling half of football that had seen the Steelers race to a 21-3 lead by dominating the line of scrimmage. Before sucker-punching Roethlisberger late in the second quarter, Seymour had been involved twice in post-whistle skirmishes with Kemoeatu.

"He was frustrated," Kemoeatu said. "On the play [that led to Seymour's ejection], me and him were going at it. He bull-rushed me and I threw him down. He tried to twist my ankle, and I said something to him. He got up and started to say something back, and that's when Ben was walking past him. He took it out on Ben. Ben didn't say anything to him. He just snapped."

This was a physical game, and don't let the awful officiating confuse the issue. The box score shows that Pittsburgh was penalized 14 times for a franchise-record 163 yards, compared to seven penalties for 55 yards against the Raiders, but that's misleading. The referees were terrible. I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but the officiating was so one-sided -- some of the calls against Pittsburgh so mystifying -- that I researched the background of referee Tony Corrente. Just out of curiosity.

CBSSports.com Grades

Oakland Raiders

F The Raiders were beaten on both sides of the ball. The Steelers blitz packages had QBs Jason Campbell and Bruce Gradkowski were confused and rattled. Oakland managed only 61 yards on the ground and 168 yards total.
Pittsburgh Steelers

A The defense was dominant, holding the Raiders to just 168 total yards. The offense rang up 431 yards but 14 penalties for 163 yards keep the Steelers from getting an A.

Corrente is a lifelong resident of California. Home of the Raiders. If you were curious.

Me, I'm curious about Goodell's reaction to Seymour -- and the officiating. I'm also curious about the Raiders' three-game winning streak coming into Sunday, and about Jason Campbell's 104.3 quarterback rating during that streak, and about running back Darren McFadden's ability to average 5.4 yards per carry and an NFL-best 108.6 yards through nine games.

How did any of that happen? Because I didn't see it Sunday. Pittsburgh's defense was playing without both starting ends, and with several regulars having missed most of the week's preparation with injury, and still the Steelers dominated Oakland. The Raiders gained just 182 yards in total offense. McFadden had 10 carries for 14 yards. Campbell's passer rating read like a marathon of misery -- 26.2 -- and that's with a pick-six interception erased by penalty.

See, Seymour and the Oakland defense weren't the only Raiders who were beaten up Sunday. The Oakland offense was abused, and on special teams the Raiders allowed a 67-yard punt return by Antonio Brown for a touchdown. Like the pick-six from Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor, though, Brown's touchdown return was nullified by penalty.

In other words, this game could have been 49-3.

Which is what Oakland's Richard Seymour, team captain that he is, deserved.

Now it's your turn, Roger Goodell.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1433 ... -smackdown (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14333075/slaphappy-seymour-deserves-big-hit-even-after-steelers-smackdown)

SteelCzar76
11-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Slap-happy Seymour deserves hit even after Steelers' smackdown

By Gregg Doyel
CBSSports.com National Columnist
Nov. 21, 2010

PITTSBURGH -- After Oakland's Richard Seymour sucker-punched Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, the Steelers delivered their message. Now it's up to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to deliver his -- and that hard-bad word better deliver one of the sternest messages of his life.

After the 6-foot-6, 310-pound Seymour sucker-punched Roethlisberger late in the first half Sunday, the Steelers handled it their way. They pulverized Oakland 35-3, sacking the Raiders six times, forcing three turnovers and pouring it on in the final minutes. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin took several shots downfield in the fourth quarter and had Roethlisberger throw a 16-yard touchdown pass with less than 75 seconds left for the final margin -- and the final message:

Don't mess with our quarterback.

Message received.

"Tomlin, he went for the throat," Raiders defensive tackle Tommy Kelly said. "It's all good. It'll come around."

Excuse me? There's nothing to "come around." Richard Seymour played dirty. The officials ejected him, and the Steelers retaliated on the remaining Raiders by winning huge. The only thing left is the verdict from the NFL's notoriously tough commissioner, Goodell, who has fined Steelers linebacker James Harrison three times this season for more than $100,000.

"There needs to be some reciprocity," Steelers offensive tackle Jonathan Scott said. "If James Harrison is going to be fined for his hits, let's see what happens to [Seymour]."

Unlike the Steelers, who were livid with Seymour -- Steelers guard Chris Kemoeatu immediately hit Seymour in the face, drawing a 15-yard penalty and probably a fine from Goodell and later telling me, "It seemed like the right thing to do" -- Goodell won't be running hot. He needs to be cold and calculating when he decides what to do with Seymour, and he won't be simply punishing Seymour for that open-handed strike that sent Roethlisberger to the ground. Goodell needs to send an unmistakable message to Seymour, and to the rest of the league, that such behavior will not be tolerated.

I'm thinking a hefty fine, or a suspension, or both. Ideally, both. The problem here is the victim. Roethlisberger? To many, he's no victim. To many, he deserves whatever he gets on the field. Roethlisberger has avoided criminal punishment off the field after being accused twice of sexual assault, but in the court of public opinion he was guilty. To some people, Seymour will not be seen as a dirty player. He will be seen as an avenging angel.

To me, he's dirty. Period. Seymour wasn't avenging women everywhere when he smashed Roethlisberger in the face. He was lashing out after a humbling half of football that had seen the Steelers race to a 21-3 lead by dominating the line of scrimmage. Before sucker-punching Roethlisberger late in the second quarter, Seymour had been involved twice in post-whistle skirmishes with Kemoeatu.

"He was frustrated," Kemoeatu said. "On the play [that led to Seymour's ejection], me and him were going at it. He bull-rushed me and I threw him down. He tried to twist my ankle, and I said something to him. He got up and started to say something back, and that's when Ben was walking past him. He took it out on Ben. Ben didn't say anything to him. He just snapped."

This was a physical game, and don't let the awful officiating confuse the issue. The box score shows that Pittsburgh was penalized 14 times for a franchise-record 163 yards, compared to seven penalties for 55 yards against the Raiders, but that's misleading. The referees were terrible. I'm not much for conspiracy theories, but the officiating was so one-sided -- some of the calls against Pittsburgh so mystifying -- that I researched the background of referee Tony Corrente. Just out of curiosity.

CBSSports.com Grades

Oakland Raiders

F The Raiders were beaten on both sides of the ball. The Steelers blitz packages had QBs Jason Campbell and Bruce Gradkowski were confused and rattled. Oakland managed only 61 yards on the ground and 168 yards total.
Pittsburgh Steelers

A The defense was dominant, holding the Raiders to just 168 total yards. The offense rang up 431 yards but 14 penalties for 163 yards keep the Steelers from getting an A.

Corrente is a lifelong resident of California. Home of the Raiders. If you were curious.

Me, I'm curious about Goodell's reaction to Seymour -- and the officiating. I'm also curious about the Raiders' three-game winning streak coming into Sunday, and about Jason Campbell's 104.3 quarterback rating during that streak, and about running back Darren McFadden's ability to average 5.4 yards per carry and an NFL-best 108.6 yards through nine games.

How did any of that happen? Because I didn't see it Sunday. Pittsburgh's defense was playing without both starting ends, and with several regulars having missed most of the week's preparation with injury, and still the Steelers dominated Oakland. The Raiders gained just 182 yards in total offense. McFadden had 10 carries for 14 yards. Campbell's passer rating read like a marathon of misery -- 26.2 -- and that's with a pick-six interception erased by penalty.

See, Seymour and the Oakland defense weren't the only Raiders who were beaten up Sunday. The Oakland offense was abused, and on special teams the Raiders allowed a 67-yard punt return by Antonio Brown for a touchdown. Like the pick-six from Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor, though, Brown's touchdown return was nullified by penalty.

In other words, this game could have been 49-3.

Which is what Oakland's Richard Seymour, team captain that he is, deserved.

Now it's your turn, Roger Goodell.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1433 ... -smackdown (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/14333075/slaphappy-seymour-deserves-big-hit-even-after-steelers-smackdown)

Sucker "punch" ? That was a sucker slap thrown with nearly no authority from the 'ground'. :lol:

hawaiiansteel
11-21-2010, 10:00 PM
Posted at 6:18 PM ET, 11/21/2010

Richard Seymour apologizes -- to Raiders -- after hitting Ben Roethlisberger

By Cindy Boren

Oakland Raiders defensive end Richard Seymour apologized -- to his teammates -- for smacking Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the facemask in Pittsburgh's 35-3 victory.

After throwing a touchdown pass that gave Pittsburgh a 21-3 lead, Roethlisberger jumped into the arms of his tackle, Flozell Adams, then began walking. He seemed to speak to Seymour, who turned and struck Roethlisberger in the jaw. As Roethlisberger fell to the ground, lineman Chris Kemoeatu grabbed Seymour. Both Seymour and Kemoeatu drew penalties and Seymour was ejected.

"I apologize to my teammates," Seymour said afterward. "I never want to do anything to hurt the team. You always want to protect yourself, but there's no excuse. ... I'm not sure why he [Roethlisberger] ran up on me. I just turned around and it was a natural reaction."

Seymour said he doesn't remember Roethlisberger saying anything to him. Mike Tomlin, Pittsburgh's coach, downplayed the incident...no doubt measuring his words because, as Tony Dungy said, translating coachspeak on NBC's "Sunday Night Football" telecast, officials had let the game get out of hand and Tomlin didn't want to say that. There were scuffles, 163 yards in penalties and James Harrison of the Steelers was flagged for roughing the passer.

"I'm not going to let that play cloud my opinion of Richard Seymour," Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin said afterward. "I think he's an awesome football player and professional. It just got away from us all."

Roethlisberger was equally measured: "It is what it is. I wasn't expecting that from him."

The league will sort this out this week.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ear...ogizes_--.html

SteelTorch
11-21-2010, 10:01 PM
"The immaculate reception was legit!"

Sugar
11-21-2010, 10:04 PM
It wasn't much of a shot from what I could see. However, vet QB's and Kickers/Punters in this league have learned to have a bit of theater in them when it comes to accentuating the effects of these things.

Chadman
11-21-2010, 10:09 PM
"There needs to be some reciprocity," Steelers offensive tackle Jonathan Scott said.

With words like that, Jonathon Scott will be thrown out of OL meetings. You can't be smart & a meat-axe.

When we, the Steelers fans, say it- it's one-sided arguing. when a CBS reporter says it- things start to get legs.

Oh dear...conspiricy awaits.

Steelers guard Chris Kemoeatu immediately hit Seymour in the face, drawing a 15-yard penalty and probably a fine from Goodell and later telling me, "It seemed like the right thing to do"

Damn freakin' right it was the right thing to do. Good work Chris.

"If James Harrison is going to be fined for his hits, let's see what happens to [Seymour]."

Proof the Steelers are not happy with Goodell if ever it was needed. You are being watched Dodgy Rodgy.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-21-2010, 10:14 PM
Chad, we missed your ChadChat during the game today!

Chadman
11-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Twas very early in "Chadland'...

hawaiiansteel
11-22-2010, 12:04 AM
Steelers-Raiders Post-Game Quotes

STEELERS PLAYERS

Ben Roethlisberger

How were you guys able to bounce back so well after a short amount of time?
It’s funny, because if you ask me I felt like we didn’t have a good offensive performance. I felt that we were ok. I told the guys that at the very end. It’s a good job of bouncing back and playing well, but we left a lot out there. It wasn’t our best performance by any means. I don’t know how many yards were negated because of penalties, but it had to be a lot. That’s just not us, we killed ourselves today. We were good enough in all phases to still win.

Re: On what happened with Richard Seymour.
It’s not something to dwell on the negative of the game. It is what it is, I was not expecting that from him. We’ll move on.

Did you say anything to him?
I just said let’s get ready for the extra-point.

I hear you have a lot of respect for him, were you surprised by it?
Yeah, it blew my mind. We knew coming in that it was going to be a pretty physical game. There was a lot of pushing and shoving and extracurricular stuff. I was a physical natured game. I just remember trying to get between guys, let’s move on, we scored, let’s go.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/ ... ba3843a7f7 (http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Raiders-Post-Game-Quotes/7b341caf-5584-47bf-9d31-f9ba3843a7f7)

SidSmythe
11-22-2010, 08:25 AM
"you know what rhymes w Seymour??"

hawaiiansteel
11-22-2010, 02:37 PM
"you know what rhymes w Seymour??"

:lol:

hey Richard, is your sister a....Seymour?

RuthlessBurgher
11-22-2010, 03:02 PM
"Bet you wish you were here last week with Brady instead of this week with Campbell & Gradkowski"

hawaiiansteel
11-22-2010, 10:59 PM
hey Don Banks, why don't you go eff yourself?

Don Banks>INSIDE THE NFL

• If you've seen one Jets game this season, you've seen them all. Not to repeat myself from last Sunday's Snaps, but the resilient Jets are going to find a way to win, no matter how long the game lasts. And is there a better quarterback-receiving duo in the NFL right now than Mark Sanchez to Santonio Holmes?

It must be torture for New York fans to sit through these three-hour high-wire acts every Sunday, but I don't know how you can possibly take exception with the results.

• Maybe the old intimidating Raiders really are back. Oakland defensive lineman Richard Seymour got ejected Sunday for throwing that open-handed shot to the jaw of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, earning himself a late-first-half ejection in Pittsburgh.

The Raiders as a team took a sizable step back in the 35-3 loss to the Steelers, but Ben Davidson would have been proud of Seymour. Big Ben certainly didn't look quite so big when Seymour sent him sprawling on his back.

• Clearly the Raiders weren't ready to handle a fired-up Steelers team that got humiliated at home last week against New England. The Oakland running game was non-existent, as was the entire offense for that matter. And now with Jason Campbell being benched in favor of Bruce Gradkowski, the team's ever-changing QB situation is again an open question.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... z162NzRc00 (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/11/21/snap.judgments/1.html#ixzz162NzRc00)

flippy
11-22-2010, 11:19 PM
Now I know why NE let you go.

hawaiiansteel
11-24-2010, 04:42 PM
props to Peter King for this response! :Clap

Mail time...

• I GOT A LOT OF MAIL LIKE THIS, BASICALLY SAYING THEY HATE BIG BEN AND THINK HE HAD IT COMING. "You know what? I have no problem with what Richard Seymour did. I don't know what Ben Roethlisberger was doing, and I don't care. He just ran right up into Seymour's face, which I don't believe he had any business doing, and Seymour had him take a seat, pretty much like he deserved. My question: Will the league take Roethlisberger's taunting action into account when they determine Seymour's punishment?''
-- Romain, Menlo Park, Calif.

That is preposterous, and I heard so much of the same thing from so many of my readers, both in e-mails and on Twitter. How utterly ridiculous is it that James Harrison makes a football act and gets fined $75,000, and Richard Seymour, despite whatever happened to provoke him, slugs a player on national TV in full view of the cameras and knocks him to the ground -- and gets fined $25,000. Weak. Very weak.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... z16EbHUrnj (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/11/23/nfl-week-12-mailbag/index.html#ixzz16EbHUrnj)

flippy
11-24-2010, 04:48 PM
I hope Seymour has to play against the guys from Denver and SF who like to grab other guys by the sack. Or I hope he has to deal with the TSA this weekend.

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2010, 04:54 PM
I hope Seymour has to play against the guys from Denver and SF who like to grab other guys by the sack. Or I hope he has to deal with the TSA this weekend.

Too bad Grey Ruegamer is no longer in the NFL...

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/ny-giants-lineman-castrated-lambs-with-teeth-15657

http://simg.sportsbybrooks.com/b/d/bd9027439a1bee565a688fc0b58f3113_greyruegamergoat. jpg

hawaiiansteel
11-25-2010, 10:50 PM
Ward: Would Seymour punishment be same if he hit another QB?

NFL.com
Published: Nov. 25, 2010 at 01:47 p.m.

Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin refused to criticize the NFL on Tuesday, one day after it fined but didn't suspend Oakland Raiders defensive end Richard Seymour for his after-the-play swing at quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Then Tomlin urged his team to move forward.

Tomlin's star receiver, Hines Ward, either didn't listen or didn't hear. During his weekly show Tuesday night on WDVE-AM, Ward questioned why Seymour wasn't suspended, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

The NFL fined Seymour $25,000 on Monday, but Ward wondered whether or not the league would have handed down a harsher penalty if a quarterback with more star power, like New England's Tom Brady or Indianapolis' Peyton Manning, was the target.

"That's my beliefs, and I wanted to put my beliefs on my radio show," Ward said.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a quick response to Ward's question.

"We all know the answer to that one," he said Wednesday.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... another-qb (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81c66298/article/ward-would-seymour-punishment-be-same-if-he-hit-another-qb)