PDA

View Full Version : Even Jamie Dukes know why the Steelers can't beat the Pats

Steelhere10
11-20-2010, 08:33 PM
He says Brady is the best small ball qb in the league and the Steelers don't have the corners to play up man to man... Why don't DL and company see this. It's real puzzling to me.

hawaiiansteel
11-21-2010, 12:03 AM
CB Eric Wright of the Browns could play man-to-man coverage with the Pats receivers but Ike Taylor, BMac and Willie Gay can't?

what does that tell you about our CBs? we pretty much have to use a 1st or 2nd round draft choice on a CB this year...

Snatch98
11-21-2010, 01:58 AM
Or it's just not how Lebeau runs the defense. It's a definite problem but assuming we make the playoffs I can't say I'm worried about it. Eric Wright is terrible and Ike Taylor is one of the best cover corners in the league. He just can't catch. If the guy could catch he'd be in the pro-bowl all the time. If and when we meet the Pats again I imagine we'll make the necessary adjustments. I'd rather lose in the regular season while without holding schemes than shoot the wad now and have nothing come playoff time. Once again assuming we make the playoffs (we will)

flippy
11-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Jamie needs to figure out why he can't win the Big East let alone the NCAA.

spyboots
11-21-2010, 01:07 PM
He's also a Cowboys lover, so of course, he's not pro-Steelers.

BURGH86STEEL
11-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Ok guys, go out and find the Steelers some GREAT man to man corners on the cheap.

While you guys are at it, show me all the defenses that have 2 or 3 great corners that can play man to man all game.

From what I saw, the Steelers played a variety of coverages against the Pats. Most of the time, Brady made the right decisions with good accurate throws. He also made it difficult for the Steelers pass rush to get to him because he got rid of the ball quickly.

hawaiiansteel
11-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Ok guys, go out and find the Steelers some GREAT man to man corners on the cheap.

While you guys are at it, show me all the defenses that have 2 or 3 great corners that can play man to man all game.

From what I saw, the Steelers played a variety of coverages against the Pats. Most of the time, Brady made the right decisions with good accurate throws. He also made it difficult for the Steelers pass rush to get to him because he got rid of the ball quickly.

Brady is without a doubt an elite QB, but if the Browns CB duo of Joe Haden and Eric Wright can do it then it can be done...