PDA

View Full Version : The Maginot Line

Djfan
11-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Was the PREMIER defense that the French had against German aggression prior to WWII. They KNEW it would work because it was a HUGE upgrade to the trench warfare system of WWI. Besides, they KNEW what the Germans were going to do if they attacked. So, they built this monster, and bet all they had on it. No budging. No adjustments for any reason. They had it and they knew it.

Germany simply ignored it and went around, catching the French off guard.

It reminded me of BA so much that I had to get out of bed and type this.

Discipline of Steel
11-20-2010, 01:27 AM
Poor soul.

Djfan
11-20-2010, 02:27 AM
Poor soul.

Yeah. Probably.

msp26505
11-20-2010, 07:57 AM
Arians probably drives a Le Car, too, the bātard!

fordfixer
11-20-2010, 09:52 AM
So do you think BA knows how to say "WE surrender" in french?

Flasteel
11-20-2010, 11:24 AM
Was the PREMIER defense that the French had against German aggression prior to WWII. They KNEW it would work because it was a HUGE upgrade to the trench warfare system of WWI. Besides, they KNEW what the Germans were going to do if they attacked. So, they built this monster, and bet all they had on it. No budging. No adjustments for any reason. They had it and they knew it.

It reminds me more of our defense DJ. Our run defense is the impenetrable Maginot line, while our pass defense is Belgium. If you want to know how to attack the Steelers defense, bypass the strength and go right after the obvious weakness.

DukieBoy
11-20-2010, 11:50 AM

Nah, It wasn't planning or strategy or anything like that ..... it was a failure of execution by the French soldiers. (sarcasm intended, j.i.c.)
:Cheers :tt2

focosteeler
11-20-2010, 12:09 PM

i dont know about BA but have heard that still to this day it is the first words any french child learns

fordfixer
11-20-2010, 02:24 PM

i dont know about BA but have heard that still to this day it is the first words any french child learns
:lol: :lol:

hawaiiansteel
11-20-2010, 02:37 PM
a Frenchman defending his castle... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V7zbWNznbs

http://www.planetd21.com/images/monty-python-taunting.jpg

Flasteel
11-24-2010, 08:34 PM

It reminds me more of our defense DJ. Our run defense is the impenetrable Maginot line, while our pass defense is Belgium. If you want to know how to attack the Steelers defense, bypass the strength and go right after the obvious weakness.

Okay...how weird is this?

http://www.stillers.com/articles/2577.aspx

DJ, did you read this article and apply the same thing to our offense, or is this pure coincidence?

Djfan
11-24-2010, 10:11 PM

DJ, did you read this article and apply the same thing to our offense, or is this pure coincidence?

Honestly, I got the idea from watching a show on The History Channel. I am a history aholic.

My guess? Palmersucks reads the posts on The Planet. :tt1

anger 82&95
11-24-2010, 11:14 PM

Hey! Give the French military a break! They did alright at Dien Bien Phu and Waterloo!

RuthlessBurgher
11-24-2010, 11:14 PM

Honestly, I got the idea from watching a show on The History Channel. I am a history aholic.

My guess? Palmersucks reads the posts on The Planet. :tt1

cowhersucks = tomlinsucks = palmersucks? Nah, that was way too coherent to be that guy. :wink: