PDA

View Full Version : It's time for some REAL leadership...

msp26505
11-19-2010, 10:11 PM
I wasn't always a fan of the way Joey Porter conducted himself, but I will always respect the stand he took after the refs tried to steal the playoff game from them in Indy.

Likewise...it's time for someone (preferably a defensive leader) to have some balls and say something along these lines:

"Roger Goodell is incompetent and horrible for football. His anti-Steeler agenda is so transparent that it's laughable. The idea that LaMarr Woodley could be fined at all for a very mild late hit on Tom Brady while Patrick Chung is not fined is nothing short of criminal. Hines' streak of 186 consecutive games with a reception was stopped because of a helmet-to-helmet hit that left him wabbling off the field. Nothing. Ward is rung up in New Orleans with a helmet-to-helmet hit. Nothing. Yet every time the Steelers so much as breathe on an opposing player, there's a fine. Well, fine me. I won't pay. Suspend me. I'll be on the field next Sunday. This injustice is about to come to an end."

Then Tomlin and ARII better stand behind them. Tell Goodell that he is employed by the OWNERS and the owners see that Goodell is ruining the game.

I feel like we've reached the breaking point and something better be done soon or the NFL will justifiably lose its place at the top of American sports.

birtikidis
11-19-2010, 10:13 PM
I think it would be awesome for some former players to come in and say that they're disgraced by the change in the league.

msp26505
11-19-2010, 10:18 PM
I think it would be awesome for some former players to come in and say that they're disgraced by the change in the league.

But why are the CURRENT players unwilling to take a stand? They are the ones being punished.

I understand that the players want to protect their careers, but maybe the threat of mutiny is the only thing that will have an impact.

I don't think I've ever seen a more disgraceful display from league "leadership"...

pfelix73
11-19-2010, 10:22 PM
Because they all want to tow the corporate line.. It's a shame. The league is a joke.

Djfan
11-19-2010, 10:24 PM
It's sick.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-20-2010, 12:33 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... dictator/1 (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/11/brian-urlacher-roger-goodell-dictator/1)

Maybe our guys didn't say it, but Urlacher did. ^^

msp26505
11-20-2010, 07:51 AM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/11/brian-urlacher-roger-goodell-dictator/1

That's all well and good, but that's not really what I'm talking about.

The "policy" sucks, but this bigger issue is that it is not only being enforced unevenly, but it is blatantly obvious that the Steelers are being targeted, and when Steeler players are the victims, NOTHING is done.

I would love a face-to-face with Roger Goodell.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-20-2010, 12:14 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/11/brian-urlacher-roger-goodell-dictator/1

That's all well and good, but that's not really what I'm talking about.

The "policy" sucks, but this bigger issue is that it is not only being enforced unevenly, but it is blatantly obvious that the Steelers are being targeted, and when Steeler players are the victims, NOTHING is done.

I would love a face-to-face with Roger Goodell.

Sorry, you'll have to wait, his is currently buried in Marcia's nether regions ... :lol: :lol:

Scarletfire1970
11-20-2010, 01:07 PM
I hear what you are saying and totally agree! It's getting to the point where I don't even want to watch the game anymore. The Steelers are not on an even playing field when one team gets to hit the opposing players but the Steelers are not allowed to do the same for fear of a fine. It's a joke.

msp26505
11-20-2010, 08:54 PM
I can't believe what I am about to say, but I actually enjoy college football much more than NFL now.

I'm now 42, and that was never the case when I was growing up, because while I was raised in a household that loved the Pittsburgh pro teams and WVU, the Mountaineers were pretty bad for much of the 70's and were rarely on TV.

The Steelers on the other hand, were not only on every week, but were terrorizing the league.

The NFL grew up in the 70's when I was growing up, and I loved every minute of it...even through the horrendous 80's and close-but-no-cigar 90's and early 2000's.

But now this.

The league has become unwatchable. I saw hits in the WVU-Louisville game today that were good clean, hard, hits but my first reaction was to worry that a flag was coming. Fortunately, college football is still real and the refs let them play.

Not only is that no longer the case in the NFL, but there is an obvious agenda AGAINST the Steelers. I have never been a conspiracy theorist or one for hyperbole, but Roger Goodell wants the Steelers organization to fail, and is doing everything in his power to make sure that happens. And Steeler coaches and management sit tacitly by and allow it to happen.

I am sure that because of my roughly 35-year love for this team, I will continue to watch, but it will never be the same...at least with Goodell in charge.

Djfan
11-20-2010, 09:00 PM
I can't believe what I am about to say, but I actually enjoy college football much more than NFL now.

I'm now 42, and that was never the case when I was growing up, because while I was raised in a household that loved the Pittsburgh pro teams and WVU, the Mountaineers were pretty bad for much of the 70's and were rarely on TV.

The Steelers on the other hand, were not only on every week, but were terrorizing the league.

The NFL grew up in the 70's when I was growing up, and I loved every minute of it...even through the horrendous 80's and close-but-no-cigar 90's and early 2000's.

But now this.

The league has become unwatchable. I saw hits in the WVU-Louisville game today that were good clean, hard, hits but my first reaction was to worry that a flag was coming. Fortunately, college football is still real and the refs let them play.

Not only is that no longer the case in the NFL, but there is an obvious agenda AGAINST the Steelers. I have never been a conspiracy theorist or one for hyperbole, but Roger Goodell wants the Steelers organization to fail, and is doing everything in his power to make sure that happens. And Steeler coaches and management sit tacitly by and allow it to happen.

I am sure that because of my roughly 35-year love for this team, I will continue to watch, but it will never be the same...at least with Goodell in charge.

+1

I'm also enjoying the UFL.