PDA

View Full Version : No fine for H-to-H hit on Ward?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Isn't Tuesday the "Fine Day"?

Sauce for the goose, sauce for the gander, I always say!

(Hmm, I guess I've never actually said that before, but what the heck, if Commisar Goodell won't fine hits on Steelers that he fines hits BY Steelers ... he is a :loser !)

Crash
11-17-2010, 09:47 PM
That's two H2H hits on Ward in three weeks and one on Wallace.

No fines.

MeetJoeGreene
11-17-2010, 10:02 PM
I think the player that did it got defensive player of the week.

Not even being discussed on NFL by bad word Eisen either.. is it??

Djfan
11-17-2010, 10:07 PM
I think the player that did it got defensive player of the week.

Not even being discussed on NFL by bad word Eisen either.. is it??

They protect His Majesty.

eniparadoxgma
11-17-2010, 10:38 PM
They wouldn't want to give anyone the illusion of consistency or anything.

Djfan
11-17-2010, 10:41 PM
I predicted this in the chat and on the boards.

The DPOTW is a nice touch!

Discipline of Steel
11-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Last week the Weekly Fine Roundup was published at PFW on Friday. Its the hottest new stat in the NFL.

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2010, 11:49 PM
Isn't Tuesday the "Fine Day"?

there could still be a fine, God-ell sometimes announces his fines as late as Friday.

if the NFL wants to maintain any level of consistency then the helmet to helmet hit on Hines is definitely deserving of a fine.

fordfixer
11-18-2010, 02:52 AM
Ward thinks Chung should be fined for helmet-to-helmet hit
By Mark Kaboly, TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Thursday, November 18, 2010
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 09847.html (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_709847.html)

Hines Ward is well aware of the crackdown by the NFL on helmet-to-helmet hits. He has watched the video produced by the league on what is legal and what is a fineable offense. After getting knocked out of Sunday's game by Patriots safety Patrick Chung with an apparent helmet-to-helmet hit, Ward wondered Wednesday why Chung has yet to hear from the league about a fine. "I was falling down and I wasn't expecting to get hit," Ward said. "He hit me, and that is what caused the head/neck or whatever you guys want to call it. I don't know what the league wants. It is what it is. It was helmet to helmet, and I thought that is what usually causes a fine. I am not going to sit there and worry about if the guy got fined or not." Chung was not fined by the league as of yesterday, but the NFL usually doesn't make fines known to public until Friday.

Guard Chris Kemoeatu went through practice yesterday for the first time since injuring his right ankle against Cincinnati. "I plan on going this week," Kemoeatu said. "It's my ankle. I took a little stuff for it and I think I'm ready."

Defensive end Brett Keisel isn't as optimistic about his return. Keisel was limited in practice; he is still nursing a hamstring injury that has kept him out of three of the past four games. "I probably should've waited a little more last week," Keisel said. Keisel originally injured the hamstring against Cleveland and aggravated it two weeks ago against the Bengals.

Sitting out practice for the Steelers were safety Will Allen (concussion), defensive end Nick Eason (illness), defensive tackle Steve McLendon (illness), safety Troy Polamalu (Achilles) and defensive end Aaron Smith (triceps), cornerback Crezdon Butler (quadriceps) and linebacker Lawrence Timmons (hip).

steelblood
11-18-2010, 08:45 AM
Butler is injured? Geez, even our inactives are getting injured.

RuthlessBurgher
11-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Butler is injured? Geez, even our inactives are getting injured.

Butler dressed against New England.

feltdizz
11-18-2010, 03:03 PM
H2H's were only a concern when it looked like we were going to terrorize offenses....and Favre was getting blasted for penilegate.

Now that the Favre thing has blown over and we aren't facing anymore franchise QB's H2H's aren't a concern

hawaiiansteel
11-19-2010, 03:51 PM
Ward says hit was illegal

by Aaron Wilson
NOVEMBER 18, 2010, 12:39 PM EST

Pittsburgh Steelers veteran wide receiver Hines Ward thinks that New England Patriots safety Patrick Chung should be fined for a helmet-to-helmet hit, a blow that caused Ward to suffer a concussion.

"I was falling down and I wasn't expecting to get hit," Ward told reporters. "He hit me, and that is what caused the head/neck or whatever you guys want to call it. I don't know what the league wants. It is what it is.

It was helmet to helmet, and I thought that is what usually causes a fine. I am not going to sit there and worry about if the guy got fined or not."

No fine has been announced yet.

Typically, fine announcements are made on Fridays.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Hin ... fined.html (http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Hines-Ward-thinks-Patrick-Chung-should-be-fined.html)