PDA

View Full Version : Still very early Draftniks,....

SteelCzar76
11-17-2010, 05:49 PM
But this is 'what i'm working' with thus far,....

1st round

Stephen Paea DT/NT Oregon State

Best potential 3-4 NT of this draft class. Can easily add 15-20 lbs with league level trainers and nutritionists.

And more importantly he's IMO the best fit for this Franchise. (Based upon a personal system that i use which i cannot reveal) 8)

Rnd 2

Austin Pettis WR Boise State

Good route running, young polished possesion receiver with exceptional hands and intelligence. Put him opposite of Mike Wallace with another season's experience and run Hines or Sanders out of the slot.

3rd round

Cedric Thornton DT/DE Southern Arkansas

Small school prospect who's dominance at his level suggests that he indeed could be a diamond in the rough player as a 5 tech DT.

The drop off in productivity at this position for us after Keisel and especially Aaron Smith is stark. We must improve here.

4th round

Charles Brown CB North Carolina

Solid cover corner with good speed and above average ball skills. Is also very effective as a nickle corner. His selection will allow the team to get Gay off of the field at the very least.

5th round

Mana Silva S Hawaii

Physical safety with great size and instincts. (Already has 7 picks this season for the Warrior Defense) Work him in at SS allowing Troy the freedom to make plays on the ball as our best player and last line of defense from the FS spot. ( As well as extend his career playing at a high level.)

6th round

Graig Cooper RB Miami

Doesn't get many touches in the Hurricane RB by committee backfield, but when he does the kid averages 5.9 yards a carry. He also offers value in the return game.

With that said,..what are you guys thinking of at this time in terms of the upcoming Draft ?

NW Steeler
11-17-2010, 05:57 PM
I personally think we need to invest in our Oline again this year. And maybe, just maybe they will finally invest a high pick on a CB. Ike's contract is up.

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2010, 05:58 PM

1st round

Best potential 3-4 NT of this draft class. Can easily add 15-20 lbs with league level trainers and nutritionists.

And more importantly he's IMO the best fit for this Franchise. (Based upon a personal system that i use which i cannot reveal) 8)

Rnd 2

Good route running, young polished possesion receiver with exceptional hands and intelligence. Put him opposite of Mike Wallace with another season's experience and run Hines or Sanders out of the slot.

3rd round

Small school prospect who's dominance at his level suggests that he indeed could be a diamond in the rough player as a 5 tech DT.

The drop off in productivity at this position for us after Keisel and especially Aaron Smith is stark. We must improve here.

4th round

Solid cover corner with good speed and above average ball skills. Is also very effective as a nickle corner. His selection will allow the team to get Gay off of the field at the very least.

5th round

Mana Silva S Hawaii

Physical safety with great size and instincts. (Already has 7 picks this season for the Warrior Defense) Work him in at SS allowing Troy the freedom to make plays on the ball as our best player and last line of defense from the FS spot. ( As well as extend his career playing at a high level.)

6th round

Graig Cooper RB Miami

Doesn't get many touches in the Hurricane RB by committee backfield, but when he does the kid averages 5.9 yards a carry. He also offers value in the return game.

With that said,..what are you guys thinking of at this time in terms of the upcoming Draft ?

CB and RG should be the first two positions addressed in next year's draft.

I do like your 5th round pick, however... :D

Chadman
11-17-2010, 06:08 PM
Absolutely no problem with your early thinking. While we have obvious issues on the OL, the DL issues may become the bigger problem, particularly if the Steelers hope to continue it's dominance on that side of the ball.

Pettis looks a good player & the time to find Hines' eventual replacement may be upon us soon. Good choice.

A couple of good DB's in there too which is always a must- upgrade both the DB's and ST's.

If Arians stays on as OC, another TE might be a requirement in there- a blocking type that can help seasl off the edge on the left side.

Not sure how to address the OL- tempted to allow Ramon Foster & Legursky fight out with Chris Scott for the RG spot. In Chadman's opinion- Starks & Colon are alreay locked in at LT & RT for next year. The question is- do they feel Hills offers anything? If not- a mid-round OT might be on the order list.

steelblood
11-17-2010, 07:12 PM
1. (if Hines retires) Julio Jones Alabama WR. Jones is big and strong. He plays on coverage units and return units. He blocks as well as any WR in college football. He will go over the middle and has enough speed to stretch the field. If it weren't for his lapses in attention and some really inexcusable drops, he'd likely be a top 10 or 15 pick. As it is, he may fall to bottom of round one. If he can get past his drops, he'll be a great pro and just the physical sort of receiver we'd need. (if Hines doesn't retire) I'd take Adrian Claiborne of Iowa or (if he's gone and he probably will be) Cam Heyward from OSU. Both will help our nickel pass rush and be good 3-4 DEs in time.
2. Marcus Cannon TCU RG/RT. He plays LT right now, but he probably won't be able to pull that off at the pro level. He is 6'5 350 pounds and can move pretty well for that size. I'd start him at RG. He has some technique issues, but is generally polished enough to to start form day one on the right side. Think of him as a stronger more athletic kemo.
3. Jason Teague TCU CB. Another TCU guy! He is big corner at 6'2, 190. But, he can turn and run with quick receivers like Titus Young. He also locates the ball well in press coverage and can turn at the last second and bat it away. With some work, I see him as an Ike Taylor type player.
4. Alex Henery K/P Nebraska or Kai Forbath K UCLA - both have huge legs.
5. Josh Brent Illinois NT. 6'2, 315. He'll be more Chris Hoke than Casey Hampton. But, he can occupy a double team and push a pocket. He is a high effort guy who can play in a rotation from day one.

Dee Dub
11-17-2010, 07:28 PM
I'll take a stab at this. I'll just to rounds 1-3 for now.

1- Ras-I Dowling CB Virginia
2- Stefan Wisniewski OG Penn State
3- Ronald Johnson WR Southern California

NJ-STEELER
11-17-2010, 07:50 PM
right now i think OL and CB are our weakest postiion (followed closely by WR, but i'm hoping sweed can come in and play a lil better then average) and you dont aDRESS either of them till the 4th round

i do like pettis if sweed cant be counted on regardless wheater hines is back or not

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2010, 08:01 PM
2011 Pittsburgh Steelers Mock Draft V. 1.0

Posted on July 19, 2010 by ted

Because it’s never to early to roll out a mock draft…

1. (16) Prince Amukamara, CB, 6-1, 200, Nebraska
2. Clint Boling, T/G, 6-5, 305, Georgia
3. Cameron Jordan, DE, 6-4, 285, California
4. Charlie Gantt, TE, 6-5, 250, Michigan State
5. Shiloh Keo, S, 5-10, 210, Idaho
6. Owen Marecic, FB, 6-1, 245, Stanford
7. Ted Laurent, NT, 6-0, 305, Ole Miss

Analysis: This mock assumes the Steelers, although limited by current CBA rules, either (A) find a way to resign OLB LaMarr Woodley and OT Willie Colon to long-term extensions, or – the more likely scenario – (B) no CBA is reached at the time of the April, 2011 NFL Draft.

The latter would put the 2011 season jeopardy and probably keep rights for Woodley and Colon with the Steelers for another year if a CBA is reached late summer due to the chaos that would ensue if most 4th- and 5th- year players became unrestricted free agents in late summer. The owners are unlikely to allow that to happen, particularly since they will be bargaining from a much stronger position than the players thanks to television contracts that guarantee revenues for the owners regardless if games are played in 2011.

Of course, if they lose Woodley in free agency, this draft projection will change as the Steelers will almost assuredly draft at least one linebacker, even after absurdly taking three in the 2010 NFL draft when they had more pressing needs. Moreover, a free agent loss of Colon, who will already miss the entire 2010 season due to a ruptured Achilles tendon, could move offensive tackle up to the Steelers’ primary need, particularly since Pittsburgh will likely not pay to bring in a starting-caliber offensive tackle through free agency.

However, this mock also assumes Pittsburgh will lose veteran cornerback Ike Taylor to unrestricted free agency, following the 2010 season. Taylor will be 31 before the 2011 season and Pittsburgh will be less likely to give a third, market-rate contract to an inconsistent CB at that age.

If Taylor has a rebound year in 2010 similar to his stellar play in 2008, he will be way out of the Steelers’ price range. If he plays like he did in 2009, the Steelers likely will not want him back. Remember that there will be no franchise or transition tags for the 2011 free-agency period.

Taylor loves Pittsburgh and is close to management, but how many older defensive players can the Steelers sign to third contracts after re-upping Brett Keisel, Casey Hampton, James Farrior and Ryan Clark to similar contracts within the last two years? Pittsburgh will have the oldest starting defensive lineup in the NFL this year and could be too old by 2011.

Doing the same with Taylor could be a bad move for an aging cornerback who has always relied on pure athleticism, but has some of the worst ball skills of any cornerback in the league, is psychologically fragile, and seemingly sometimes uninterested on the field.

Even with the astute trade on the third day of the 2010 draft that brought back cornerback Bryant McFadden, who subsequently signed a 3-year contract, corner remains Pittsburgh’s No. 1 need in the 2011 draft, just like it was in 2010.

The inconsistent Taylor is the only cornerback on the Steelers roster who could start for more than 10 teams in the NFL right now. Of course, if any of the youngsters on the Pittsburgh cornerback roster (Keenan Lewis, Joe Burnett, Crezdon Butler) show great promise in 2010, cornerback becomes less of a need and offensive line should be the target in round one.

Fortunately, the 2011 NFL Draft will likely have a deeper and more talented group of cornerbacks than the average class in 2010, including several, big, physical, potential first-round cornerbacks who fit the Steelers’ scheme.

LSU standout Patrick Peterson headlines that list and is a possible top-5 pick. Amukamara, who may or may not be available at this spot depending on how well he plays as a senior and tests afterward, seems like the perfect Steelers’ CB and is battling three others for the No. 2 cornerback ranking in the draft.

Even with Colon’s projected return for 2011, Pittsburgh will still need depth on the offensive line and a potential starter at guard with the likely move of Maurkice Pouncey inside to center after his one season of hopefully starting at right guard. Boling, a four-year starter in the SEC, fits both needs, as he has garnered significant experience at four different offensive line positions and could theoretically play any position on the line in the NFL.

Jordan is a nice developmental player for an aging defensive line that could lose Chris Hoke and Nick Eason after 2010, and Aaron Smith after 2011. Seventh-round pick Ted Laurent, part of an absurdly rich corps of defensive tackles at Ole Miss this fall, could stick as a developmental NT behind Hampton.

If no CBA is reached, Matt Spaeth will remain the property of the Steelers for 2011. That will not necessarily be a good thing if offensive coordinator Bruce Arians insists on employing the poor-blocking Spaeth in two tight-end, short-yardage sets. Gantt is a classic over-achiever, excellent blocker and dependable receiver with subpar speed. He would be an upgrade at No. 2 TE regardless if Spaeth is retained.

One of the surprises of the 2010 draft was the Steelers not using any of their 10 picks on a safety in such a deep year for the position. Superstar Troy Polamalu is increasingly more injury-prone, free safety Ryan Clark will turn 31 this fall, and has absorbed and inflicted great punishment to his body, and new No. 3 safety Will Allen is in his 7th NFL season. An upgrade over Ryan Mundy at No. 4 safety and a development prospect is sorely needed.

Enter the hard-hitting Keo, who is undersized but very athletic. He would also be able to help out on special teams coverage units, where Mundy has been ineffective.

The Steelers are saying they are publicly committed to re-establishing their rush offense in 2010. However, I doubt offensive coordinator Bruce Arians is as committed and any chance of the Steelers actually showing significant improvement probably was severely hindered with the loss of Colon, clearly the Steelers’ best run-blocking offensive lineman over the last two seasons.

Therefore, Arians could finally get the axe if the offense struggles in 2010, which is certainly not an unreasonable expectation considering the loss of superstar quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for 4-6 games due to suspension, the dumping of the Steelers’ top offensive weapon in Santonio Holmes and the loss of Colon.

Regardless of the offensive coordinator, the Steelers’ front office and head coach Mike Tomlin might insist on using a true fullback more often in 2011. Enter Marecic, an old-school, throwback player who may actually start both ways this fall at fullback and inside linebacker for a potential top-25 team in Stanford. Marecic’s pro future, though, undoubtedly lies at fullback and he would be instantly beloved by a Steeler fanbase clamoring for the return of a true blocking fullback on the roster.

http://www.steelerslounge.com/2010/07/2 ... aft-v-1-0/ (http://www.steelerslounge.com/2010/07/2011-pittsburgh-steelers-mock-draft-v-1-0/)

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Round 1: Mike Pouncey G Florida

Steelers need to rediscover their once-dominant running game.

Assuming that Willie Colon can come back fine next year and/or Flozell Adams returns, the Steelers will need just one more upgrade up front. Mike Pouncey would satisfy that at guard - right next to his twin brother, Maurkice.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/old/sports_college_uf/images/2008/11/25/pounceys_4.jpghttp://www.gatorzone.com/gallery/photos/1274/PounceyMike08Hawaii02casey.jpg

Round 2: Jimmy Smith CB Colorado 6'2" 205 lbs

The large CB the Steelers prefer, an upgrade over BMac and Willie Gay is definitely needed.

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Colorado+v+Texas+m_CNbJKC313l.jpg

Round 3: Austin Pettis WR Boise State

The big possession receiver Big Ben has been asking for since Plaxico Burress.

http://www.fantasycollegeblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/Austin-Pettis1.bmphttp://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/dailypix/2007/Nov/23/BR2007112319163637465_b.jpg

SteelCzar76
11-17-2010, 08:39 PM
right now i think OL and CB are our weakest postiion (followed closely by WR, but i'm hoping sweed can come in and play a lil better then average) and you dont aDRESS either of them till the 4th round

i do like pettis if sweed cant be counted on regardless wheater hines is back or not

I feel you on the CB's NJ,..but dig my rationale,.....

I went with Paea in the first because outside of Patrick Peterson i do not believe that any of the other Corners with a 1st round grade are better football players and or would have more of an impact on our team than he would. (Paea) Though Prince and Dowling are great prospects.

Same deal in the second concerning Pettis,...i do not consider any of the Corners with second Rnd grades to be a better selection for us than he would. (And Dowling and Prince would certainly be gone at that point.)

I went Thornton in the third because if he grades out exceptionally well, he might be the kind of sleeper pick that another 3-4 team would go after in the third as opposed to waiting and seeing if they could pick him up as a 'steal' later.

As far as the O-line,.. i think if they could get everyone healthy they could be a very solid group. Ben just needs to start getting rid of the ball,..the "backyard, waiting for plays to breakdown" schtick is getting elderly yesterday IMO (And i also believe Hills if given a shot will surprise everyone)

steelerkeylargo
11-17-2010, 09:10 PM

1st round

Rnd 2

3rd round

4th round

5th round

Mana Silva S Hawaii

6th round

Graig Cooper RB Miami

While I like Paea and think he has a great motor he is not a 3-4 NT. He would best fit in a 4-3 but if he were to drop 15 lbs. I think would make an excellent 5 technique DE in our 3-4

Steel Life
11-17-2010, 09:28 PM
As with last year, we're seeing how this defense is vulnerable without Aaron Smith in the lineup. While a premier OL prospect is enticing, I'm leaning once again towards re-stocking the DL as our line gets another year older & more injury prone. Don't take that to say that I'm ignoring the OL, it's just that it's just as easy to find an anchor in the 6th round as the 1st. A stud D-Lineman would make this defense much better than almost any current O-Line prospect would help.

Also, another CB prospect must be found as Taylor's contract is up & neither BMAC or Gay are a viable long-term solution. In just one year, we've gone from what I thought was some good DB prospects to where I think Butler is the only one with potential, as I don't think Lewis' light will ever come on.

I think the team will surprise & ignore the WR spot this year as they doubled-down in the last draft & came away with what looks like two keepers in Sanders & Brown. Add the contracts of ARE & Battle & you just don't see that many spots open. Plus, there's the prospect of Sweed returning to possibly fill the "big" WR spot. I do however see a QB drafted as Charlie will put to pasture & Dixon may look to play elsewhere.

steelerkeylargo
11-17-2010, 09:31 PM
I will gladly play this game.

1) Mike Pouncey-Essex has to go, plug Pouncey in and we have two OL spots set for 10 years.

2) Aaron Williams-CB-Texas- big & physical corner who can run and tackle...Rod Woodson light

3) Christian Ballard-DE-Iowa- this season has shown just how thin we are on the DL, Ballard is an Ideal 3-4 DE

4) Rich Lapham-RT-Boston College- Castonzo gets all the hype but Lapham is a very similiar player who could be a very solid RT

5) Phil Taylor-DT-Baylor- Massive NT who can sit for a year behind Casey.

6) Dane Sanzenbacher-WR-Ohio St.- all the guy does is catch everything that comes near him

7) Best kicker we can get

focosteeler
11-18-2010, 12:04 AM
1) Mike Pouncey I agree with most...Essex is easily the weakest link on the line

2) Ras-I Dowling CB/Jimmy Smith CB
---(I have heard Dowling's stock is dropping due to his injury)

3) Austin Pettis WR

4) Phil Taylor NT/ Cedric Thornton DT (Aaron Smith was a small school guy)

5) Try and go for whoever we didn't take in the 4th

6) or 7)Take the Best kicker we can get (i want a freaking good one)

StarSpangledSteeler
11-18-2010, 04:20 AM
Not sure how to address the OL- tempted to allow Ramon Foster & Legursky fight out with Chris Scott for the RG spot. In Chadman's opinion- Starks & Colon are alreay locked in at LT & RT for next year. The question is- do they feel Hills offers anything? If not- a mid-round OT might be on the order list.

I think many (including Chadman) are making the bold assumption that Colon will recover just fine from a ruptured achilles tendon, and that Max will recover just fine from a season ending spinal chord injury, and that neither of them will show significant ill effects, and that both of them have plenty more high quality years as starters ahead of them. I think that is highly speculative thinking (at best) and downright naive (at worst). These are serious injuries as far a performance is concerned. I am not claiming to be a fortune teller, but i predict Colon to be even slower than he was last year (which was slow to begin with) which in my opinion is not adequate for a RT. And I predict Max to have either recurring neck issues or at least hesitancy to stick his helmet into contact and drive people off the ball. I think we should've taken Bulaga this year, and if an equal talent drops to us in the 1st round next year we must consider OT.

I know a lot of people here who are in love with Mike Pouncey, (and he may very well be the choice) but looking at our roster, we have a buttload of young guards. Granted, most of them suck, but we just drafted Chris Scott, Foster has looked better than average, as has Legursky, and Kemo is still decent in the run game. I don't know that it's panic time "OG in the first round" crisis mode yet. If we end up at 1:32, then ok, Pouncey might be the choice. But if we're at 1:24-ish, I don't think so.

No matter where we end up drafting, we must at least "consider" CB in the first round. When teams "torch" the Pittsburgh defense (as the Pats and even the Saints just did) they are not torching us with their running backs. It is not our "aging DL" that is getting beat. IT IS OUR CORNER BACKS. As of right now we have one (i repeat, ONE) corner who can play man-to-man on a top tier NFL receiver, and his contract is up, and he's 31.

I am not disputing the need for a top quality NT in a 3-4 defense but with our sytem, training, technique, and LB crew, stopping the run is not a big enough weakness right now to justify a 1st round NT right now. The same goes for WR.

As of right now, I think we have to go OT/CB in round 1 (and other in round 2), and look for DL/OG in rounds 3 and 4. (Depending as always on value and BPA).

Oviedo
11-18-2010, 10:22 AM
1. (if Hines retires) Julio Jones Alabama WR. Jones is big and strong. He plays on coverage units and return units. He blocks as well as any WR in college football. He will go over the middle and has enough speed to stretch the field. If it weren't for his lapses in attention and some really inexcusable drops, he'd likely be a top 10 or 15 pick. As it is, he may fall to bottom of round one. If he can get past his drops, he'll be a great pro and just the physical sort of receiver we'd need. (if Hines doesn't retire) I'd take Adrian Claiborne of Iowa or (if he's gone and he probably will be) Cam Heyward from OSU. Both will help our nickel pass rush and be good 3-4 DEs in time.
2. Marcus Cannon TCU RG/RT. He plays LT right now, but he probably won't be able to pull that off at the pro level. He is 6'5 350 pounds and can move pretty well for that size. I'd start him at RG. He has some technique issues, but is generally polished enough to to start form day one on the right side. Think of him as a stronger more athletic kemo.
3. Jason Teague TCU CB. Another TCU guy! He is big corner at 6'2, 190. But, he can turn and run with quick receivers like Titus Young. He also locates the ball well in press coverage and can turn at the last second and bat it away. With some work, I see him as an Ike Taylor type player.
4. Alex Henery K/P Nebraska or Kai Forbath K UCLA - both have huge legs.
5. Josh Brent Illinois NT. 6'2, 315. He'll be more Chris Hoke than Casey Hampton. But, he can occupy a double team and push a pocket. He is a high effort guy who can play in a rotation from day one.

Love the first two picks plus the Forbath pick

Oviedo
11-18-2010, 10:26 AM

1) Mike Pouncey-Essex has to go, plug Pouncey in and we have two OL spots set for 10 years.

2) Aaron Williams-CB-Texas- big & physical corner who can run and tackle...Rod Woodson light

3) Christian Ballard-DE-Iowa- this season has shown just how thin we are on the DL, Ballard is an Ideal 3-4 DE

4) Rich Lapham-RT-Boston College- Castonzo gets all the hype but Lapham is a very similiar player who could be a very solid RT

6) Dane Sanzenbacher-WR-Ohio St.- all the guy does is catch everything that comes near him

If you wait until Round 7 you won't get anything better in a kicker than you have right now. The best are Forbath from UCLA and Henry from Nebraska. I'm betting both are gone by Round 5 at the latest and wouldn't be surprised to see Forbath gone by the end of Round 3.

steelerkeylargo
11-18-2010, 11:19 AM

If you wait until Round 7 you won't get anything better in a kicker than you have right now. The best are Forbath from UCLA and Henry from Nebraska. I'm betting both are gone by Round 5 at the latest and wouldn't be surprised to see Forbath gone by the end of Round 3.

Love the Henry kid from Nebraska, they say the fans watch him in warm-ups like they are watching Pujols take BP. Unfortunately (at least I would hope we wont be picking that high) Jones and Clayborn are top 20 picks, Heyward could fall a little further because he is having a subpar year.

Oviedo
11-18-2010, 11:35 AM

Love the Henry kid from Nebraska, they say the fans watch him in warm-ups like they are watching Pujols take BP. Unfortunately (at least I would hope we wont be picking that high) Jones and Clayborn are top 20 picks, Heyward could fall a little further because he is having a subpar year.

I just hope some of the posters here get over their discrimination towards kickers and how importnat they are after several years of special teams mediocrity. Any kicker we draft will likely see the field sooner and more often than any defensive player we draft...because rookie defensive players don't play for LeBeau. Those kickers will also have the outcome of games in their hands more often than most any position player except for the QB.

Time to quit undervaluing these players because they aren't "tough guys."

BradshawsHairdresser
11-18-2010, 12:58 PM
I just hope some of the posters here get over their discrimination towards kickers and how importnat they are after several years of special teams mediocrity. Any kicker we draft will likely see the field sooner and more often than any defensive player we draft...because rookie defensive players don't play for LeBeau. Those kickers will also have the outcome of games in their hands more often than most any position player except for the QB.

Time to quit undervaluing these players because they aren't "tough guys."

So you don't think it's important to have a kicker who can beat up towel dispensers?

RuthlessBurgher
11-18-2010, 01:23 PM
My extremely early projection:

1. Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida

His stock may have fallen since the move to center, but he's worth more to us than other teams, since we'd benefit from the instant chemistry between the twins playing next to one another once again. Some reports say he is even more tenacious and nasty than Maurkice...me likey...that would be a huge upgrade over Trai Essex. We could actually run to the left with a pulling right guard! Imagine that!

2. Curtis Brown, CB, Texas

We like corners who aren't afraid to come up and hit someone.

3. Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska

Hasn't looked the same since Suh left for the pros, so his stock has slipped somewhat. But he has prototypical size for a 3-4 DE.

4. Kendrick Ellis, NT, Hampton

Could the potential replacement for Hampton come from Hampton University?

5. Nate Williams, S, Washington

Consistency and leadership are good traits for a safety to have.

6. Alex Henery, K, Nebraska

Suisham will not cut the mustard. Hopefully Henery doesn't get enraged when paper towel dispensers are empty.

7. Owen Marecic, FB/ILB, Stanford

I know we'll never draft a pure fullback with our current offensive system in place, but this kid starts at fullback and linebacker! I'm sure he'd be a beast on special teams, and with our increased emphasis there, what more could you ask for out of a 7th round pick?

Oviedo
11-18-2010, 01:31 PM

His stock may have fallen since the move to center, but he's worth more to us than other teams, since we'd benefit from the instant chemistry between the twins playing next to one another once again. Some reports say he is even more tenacious and nasty than Maurkice...me likey...that would be a huge upgrade over Trai Essex. We could actually run to the left with a pulling right guard! Imagine that!

Hasn't looked the same since Suh left for the pros, so his stock has slipped somewhat. But he has prototypical size for a 3-4 DE.

Suisham will not cut the mustard. Hopefully Henery doesn't get enraged when paper towel dispensers are empty.

I know we'll never draft a pure fullback with our current offensive system in place, but this kid starts at fullback and linebacker! I'm sure he'd be a beast on special teams, and with our increased emphasis there, what more could you ask for out of a 7th round pick?

I LOVE the first three picks!!!!! Not sure Crick lasts that long.

hawaiiansteel
11-18-2010, 01:33 PM

Hopefully Henery doesn't get enraged when paper towel dispensers are empty.

you sure are asking a lot from your kicker, huh? :lol:

the next thing you'll probably ask for is a kicker who actually can reach the end zone on a kickoff...

RuthlessBurgher
11-18-2010, 01:46 PM

Hopefully Henery doesn't get enraged when paper towel dispensers are empty.

you sure are asking a lot from your kicker, huh? :lol:

the next thing you'll probably ask for is a kicker who actually can reach the end zone on a kickoff...

I also hope that he doesn't like wearing bibs at bachelorette parties, engaging cops when teammates are urinating in public, and taking cell phone pictures of his shaved nether regions. Pretty high standards, I know.

Dee Dub
11-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Rnd 2

By the way...I agree with you about Pettis but if Juron Criner of Arizona declares I sure would love for him to be a Steeler pick. 6 ft 4 210. Got great speed and will go up after the ball. Now..Czar I know you watch PAC-10 football how do you feel about Criner?

And what about Ronald Johnson? He may be the most NFL ready receiver in this draft and could be 2nd to 3rd round pick.

grotonsteel
11-18-2010, 09:20 PM

1st round

Rnd 2

3rd round

4th round

5th round

Mana Silva S Hawaii

6th round

Graig Cooper RB Miami

While I like Paea and think he has a great motor he is not a 3-4 NT. He would best fit in a 4-3 but if he were to drop 15 lbs. I think would make an excellent 5 technique DE in our 3-4

:Agree

No way Paea can play NT in 3-4.

steelerkeylargo
11-18-2010, 11:05 PM
Rnd 2

By the way...I agree with you about Pettis but if Juron Criner of Arizona declares I sure would love for him to be a Steeler pick. 6 ft 4 210. Got great speed and will go up after the ball. Now..Czar I know you watch PAC-10 football how do you feel about Criner?

And what about Ronald Johnson? He may be the most NFL ready receiver in this draft and could be 2nd to 3rd round pick.

I really like Criner too.....I have seen him a few times this season. Like his game a lot.

steelerkeylargo
11-18-2010, 11:07 PM

Crick is only a junior and has really dropped this year (no more Suh). I would be shocked if he came out this year.