PDA

View Full Version : Stay Classy Cleveland!

Dee Dub
11-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Report: Young Jets fan roughed up

An 8-year-old New York Jets fan was tackled by an adult Browns fan after Sunday's game, according to a television station in Cleveland.

The boy went to the game at Cleveland Browns Stadium in a Jets jersey with his father, who was born in New York. Much to the chagrin of the local crowd, the Jets rallied for a 26-20 overtime victory. The boy's mother, identified only as Danielle by ABC affiliate WEWS because she didn't want to reveal her last name, said the fans in the stadium were great, but things got out of control after the game.

"Calling him a bad word, to my husband and to my son, throwing food at them," she said, according to WEWS.

When the family reached the parking lot, the situation got uglier.

"As [my husband] was walking, holding my son's hand, a guy from behind tackled him. A drunken Browns fan tackled him and pulled him out of his dad's hand. He was on the ground crying," Danielle said, according to the station.

The boy was left with a scraped and bruised ankle. The mother said her husband didn't call police, opting instead to quickly get in the car and leave. When reached by the television station, Browns vice president of media relations Neal Gulkis called the situation unfortunate and disappointing and said the team is looking into the matter.

Gulkis said the scoreboard displays a number fans can text message to alert security to disorderly fans. The city of Cleveland, which operates the parking lot where the alleged incident took place, previously had added extra security.

The boy's mother had been nervous about her son attending the game, but believed "kids are off limits. Clevelanders are such great people. I knew that they would never hurt an 8-year-old kid, never."

The boy might be seeing his next Jets game in New Jersey.

"My husband asked him, 'Did you have a good time?' He said, 'Yes.' He said, 'Would you want to go back sometime?' And he said, 'No, I don't like Browns Stadium.' Who could blame him?" the boy's mother said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/ ... id=5816234 (http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5816234)

Unbelievable!! :roll:

Notleadpoisoned
11-17-2010, 12:36 PM
I can't help but to picture this little kid to look like Kevin Arnold of The Wonder Years fame.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/YAIR-ACE/picasioncom_09d31dd5a81fba99c2faf4d.gif

Eich
11-17-2010, 12:55 PM
Strange story. Is someone really class-less enough to tackle a young boy?

If someone tackled my child at a game for no reason, the police would definitely be involved for the ensuing rage that would come out of me.

CanadianSteel
11-17-2010, 01:02 PM
I can't help but to picture this little kid to look like Kevin Arnold of The Wonder Years fame.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa134/YAIR-ACE/picasioncom_09d31dd5a81fba99c2faf4d.gif

LMAO!!!

ikestops85
11-17-2010, 01:05 PM

If someone tackled my child at a game for no reason, the police would definitely be involved for the ensuing rage that would come out of me.

You got that right. What a :loser attacking an 8 year old.

Dee Dub
11-17-2010, 01:14 PM
"Browns vice president of media relations Neal Gulkis called the situation unfortunate and disappointing and said the team is looking into the matter."

Unfortunate? Disappointing? That too me is ridiculous. It is neither you BOZO! It is a crime against a child.

:brownssuck

RuthlessBurgher
11-17-2010, 01:36 PM

Exactly. The police involvement would likely involve me leaving in handcuffs with a homocide charge. The only way that I would run to my car in that situation would be to run the son of a biatch down with it.

There is no way that scumbag should have walked away unscathed in that situation. None. I don't care if he were a foot taller than me and 200 lbs bigger than me...he lays a finger on my kid, he's going down and he's not getting up.

Even after the family sped off, how did other fans in the parking lot not make sure that lowlife was arrested at the very minimum?

Steelers>NFL
11-17-2010, 02:08 PM
Cleveland fans are still in shock over Lebron James ditching them for the Heat.

_SteeL_CurtaiN_
11-17-2010, 02:13 PM

Exactly. The police involvement would likely involve me leaving in handcuffs with a homocide charge. The only way that I would run to my car in that situation would be to run the son of a biatch down with it.

There is no way that scumbag should have walked away unscathed in that situation. None. I don't care if he were a foot taller than me and 200 lbs bigger than me...he lays a finger on my kid, he's going down and he's not getting up.

Even after the family sped off, how did other fans in the parking lot not make sure that lowlife was arrested at the very minimum?

$$$$$$$

steelblood
11-17-2010, 02:28 PM
My 10 year old son is a huge Falcons fan. He went to the Falcons/Browns game in Cleveland in October wearing his Roddy White jersey. The Browns fans were generally nice to him.

This could have happened anywhere.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-17-2010, 04:04 PM

This was the big question for me. You can find one jacka$$ anywhere. Even some idiot picking a fight with another man while others look on.

But once you have a grown man physically attacking a child you should have had the onlookers step in.

Djfan
11-17-2010, 05:08 PM
I would have torn out his liver and shoved it up his Stains hole. My family is sacred to me. I would die for them. That sounded like an opportunity to rid the world of one more worthless drunk to me.

Sick.

It's not a Cleveland thing, but a drunk thing IMO.

AngryAsian
11-17-2010, 05:43 PM
There is no way I leave that parking lot without someone's trachea in my hand ripped out (Patrick Swayze style from Roadhouse) from the person stupid enough to lay a finger on my child. Many can attest, that I'm not large in stature and intimidating is the last adjective one would use for me... but harming my child is the only instance I could think of where I would be willing to do EXTENSIVE VIOLENCE!!!

hawaiiansteel
11-17-2010, 05:49 PM
there would be no way in this world that I would have left that parking lot without making sure that idiot got arrested.

fordfixer
11-17-2010, 08:30 PM
Wow just wow

eniparadoxgma
11-18-2010, 06:09 PM

If someone tackled my child at a game for no reason, the county coroner would definitely be involved for the ensuing rage that would come out of me.

FTFY

Ruthless, AA, Dj: Completely agreed.

Shawn
11-18-2010, 06:47 PM
there would be no way in this world that I would have left that parking lot without making sure that idiot got arrested.

Agreed. In a situation like that the last thing you want is to get stabbed by a drunk browns fan in front of your child. I understand that it's your child and the rage that comes with something like that. But, I would be most focused on making sure my child was safe...then making sure I used every legal avenue to make this guy pay for his crime.

LordVile
11-18-2010, 07:17 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/ ... id=5816234 (http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5816234)

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The New York Jets, disheartened to hear about an 8-year-old Jets fan in Cleveland who was reportedly tackled by a drunken Browns fan after Sunday's game, reached out to the boy's family Wednesday and offered VIP treatment at a Jets home game.

Matt Higgins, the Jets' executive vice president of business operations, contacted the family after reading of its plight at 6 a.m. on Twitter. The Jets offered to fly the family to New Jersey to watch a game in a luxury suite at the New Meadowlands Stadium and receive autographed memorabilia from coach Rex Ryan and players.

The family politely declined, according to the Jets.

Shizz, I woulda went.. got the loot and put it up on EBAY.. lmao :tt1

Djfan
11-18-2010, 08:25 PM
So they declined.

I guess that they are from Cleveland.

LordVile
11-18-2010, 09:16 PM
So they declined.

I guess that they are from Cleveland.

They are JETS fans.. the kid was wearing a Jets jersey, thats why they attacked him

kindlecatsb'ng
11-18-2010, 10:33 PM
Yes, the family is from Cleveland. The mom was on local TV talking about this and said the dad was only interested in getting the child away from these Clowns. This is not the first time this kind of thing has happened here in Cleveland.

There was an editorial op ed piece a while back from a man who had traveled to Cleveland on business and decided to go to a Browns game. He wrote how badly behaved the fans were in their drunkedness and lewd behavior--swearing, wearing offensive clothing/t-shirts/throwing trash at opposing fans, etc. I think he may have been seated near the Dawg Pound from the sounds of it. He wrote he would never attend another sporting event in CLE and hoped not to be here on business again.

I have had family/friends come from the 'burgh to CLE for a Browns/Steelers game and they would take my car with OH plates as not to get theirs damaged (of course, I have to take all the Steelers stuff out/off of it prior to their borrowing it).

There was much discussion/call ins today on 93.7 about this occurrence and whether people would take younger children to a sportings event like a NFL game. Most would not.

Kindle

proudpittsburgher
11-19-2010, 09:45 AM
I won't go to a road game against most teams and I certainly won't bring my family to the game. I brought the wife with me to Detroit last season, but that's about it. I just don't see the point in paying money to be harassed by a bunch of drunk idiots, and if you think those people don't exist in Pittsburgh, you are kidding yourself.

I have seen it at Three Rivers first hand in a game against the Bungles. 30-something husband and wife in Bengals jersey walking down one of the ramps postgame, and the drunk idiots following him, wouldn't let him go. He did what I would do . . . just ignore them and keep walking . . . hoping they would eventually give up, they didn't. They started pushing him from behind, he kept walking, so I thought I would step in and tell them to just leave the guy go . . . the drunk arseholes turned on me real da^m quick. Didn't matter I was wearing a STeelers jersey, they were hell bent on being pricks.

Like I said, low-lifes are in every stadium in the NFL.

rpmpit
11-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Just reading this to Mrs. Armpit. She said, "Imagine if someone was ever dumb enough to do that to Matt?" She knows me too well :evil:

AkronSteel
11-20-2010, 12:59 AM
I won't go to a road game against most teams and I certainly won't bring my family to the game. I brought the wife with me to Detroit last season, but that's about it. I just don't see the point in paying money to be harassed by a bunch of drunk idiots, and if you think those people don't exist in Pittsburgh, you are kidding yourself.

I have seen it at Three Rivers first hand in a game against the Bungles. 30-something husband and wife in Bengals jersey walking down one of the ramps postgame, and the drunk idiots following him, wouldn't let him go. He did what I would do . . . just ignore them and keep walking . . . hoping they would eventually give up, they didn't. They started pushing him from behind, he kept walking, so I thought I would step in and tell them to just leave the guy go . . . the drunk arseholes turned on me real da^m quick. Didn't matter I was wearing a STeelers jersey, they were hell bent on being pricks.

Like I said, low-lifes are in every stadium in the NFL.

I was at the 98 game against the Bengals and they pretty much ended our playoff hopes and I saw some pretty crazy stuff going on that day outside the stadium. Fights all over the place and there was this kid that was chanting "Here we go next year, here we go" on his way out of the stadium. He and his buddy probably 17 were just about at the end of the ramp when out of no where comes this drunk a-hole and he just plows this kid. The kid landed head first and could have been seriously injured. Luckily he was wearing one of those old Riddell helmets and it kinda protected him. I felt bad for the kid. He didn't deserve that, he was just being mad in a different way. There are fans like that in the Burgh and everywhere....saying that C-Town is pretty bad with their antics at football games, not nice people after they throw back a few!!!

NJ-STEELER
11-20-2010, 05:51 AM
stupid browns fans

i normally had the sunday ticket so i usually avoid other teams fan bases. while vacationing in key west in '08, i had to watch the game in a sports bar. it was the NYG game where we imploded and lost the game late.

so i'm next to my friend (jets fan), and another guy there who's a steeler fan and eating the food i ordered once the game ended. from across the bar i hear "nice choke roethlisberger, nice choke'. i think nothing of it and continue on eating. a few moments later i hear the same thing, this time i turn that way and see this browns fan looking towards us repeating that and motioning like he's jerking off.

i look at him and say "dude, your a browns fan"

he says "we beat the giants and you guys just choked vs. them"

i said, "beat us, then maybe you can talk, how long has it been??"

"we won today" he shot back

""your ph*cking 2-5" i yelled back

at this point a couple of his buddies gathered around to talk some sense into him, i guess and he shut up.
good thing cause i was about to throw that little twerp thru the bar's big front window :tt2