PDA

View Full Version : What about a 2-5?

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
11-16-2010, 12:48 PM
Get Ziggy or Eason off the field on some 2nd downs and all passing downs and it would look like this:

Keisal Hampton

Woodly Farrior Timmons Worilds Harrison

Ike Gay

Clark Polamalu

Worilds, Polamalu, Woodley or Harrison can line up at Line of scrimmage at times...confuse the offense stop playing to not lose but to WIN!!! Attack the QB!!!
We have guys that can absolutely get after the qb but we dont send them, can you help me understand this...its time to start using our rooks also!

ikestops85
11-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Get Ziggy or Eason off the field on some 2nd downs and all passing downs and it would look like this:

Keisal Hampton

Woodly Farrior Timmons Worilds Harrison

Ike Gay

Clark Polamalu

Worilds, Polamalu, Woodley or Harrison can line up at Line of scrimmage at times...confuse the offense stop playing to not lose but to WIN!!! Attack the QB!!!
We have guys that can absolutely get after the qb but we dont send them, can you help me understand this...its time to start using our rooks also!

Interesting leaving Big Snack on the field in passing situations. It might be possible to run that a few times during the game but good teams will see that formation and run it down our throats. We wouldn't have the big men eating up blockers which frees our LBers to make the play.

steelblood
11-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Activate Crezdon Butler and start alternating him with McFadden. What could this hurt?

RuthlessBurgher
11-16-2010, 02:24 PM
Your 2-5 suggestion would essentially be a standard 4-3 that most teams play. Woodley and Worilds would essentially become pass-rushing DE's in a 3 point stance like they were in college. Harrison, Farrior, and Timmons would be the 3 stand-up linebackers behind them.

CanadianSteel
11-16-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm willing to live with the mistakes Crezdon Butler will make cause he has an upside. We know what we have with Gay, and i'll be honest...It's not much :(

SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
11-16-2010, 04:43 PM
I don't think it would be a typical 4-3 when you have LB's upright rushing and or dropping back into coverage...the offense wouldn't know who was coming or from where when theyre bouncing around.