PDA

View Full Version : Gay holds back tears...

California-Steel
11-16-2010, 01:27 AM
BWWWAAAA HAAA HA HA HA...Just got off the Steelers.com from listening to some locker room interviews and William Gay sounded like a little kid trying not to cry. Funny as all hell.

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio ... aaf87f508b (http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Will-Gay---Post-Game---Patriots/444c3826-a4c3-4dc2-9f6f-c7aaf87f508b)

You got to hear it.

SteelCzar76
11-16-2010, 01:41 AM
Wow,........

Ya know i was gonna make a joke about him being Tomlin's "Biiig,.. Pllllay,.. Willay Gay !"

But i'm thinking,.."Dude, why pile on,.... the kid never proclaimed to be able to be an elite starting corner or even an exceptional nickle guy at league level. That was Tomlin's 'bargain basement, i can unleash hell with any personnel' B.S.

Snatch98
11-16-2010, 02:44 AM
Why is this funny? Willie gay definitely got beat but it was Tom Brady and our defense was getting tore up all over the place. Troy was gambling, guy were out of position so it's easy to throw the guy under the bus. I've always been a Willie Gay fan. He's definitely made some big plays in the past, some big plays this season. The blame can't rest on WIllie Gay and Willie Gay alone. It was a bad night and he's still a young corner.

LordVile
11-16-2010, 03:33 AM
i'm not a big fan of GAY but I feel alittle bad for the guy, he is a STEELER after all. I could see the tears in the corner of his eyes. Usually, I'm not very sensitive in situations like this but today I feel bad for him. I can deal with losses but I don't like to see our boys get their assses kicked by the likes of Brady and his cockiness.

California-Steel
11-16-2010, 03:52 AM
Why is it funny? Because, any time I get beat down in anything I don't cry about it. I get upset, pick up my sorry ass, and use that beat down as motivation to work on getting better and not let that kind of thing happen again. Maybe this lights a fire under someones butt. He got beat he got beat. He was man enough to admit it now do something about it. Something other then crying.

He is a grown man getting paid mass money to play a game. Now if this was a kid that got his bike stolen that he worked his butt off for then I could see crying. If the roles were reversed he would be laughing and joking with a big grin on his face. So when you get beat put you head down and get motivated. Don't cry.

LordVile
11-16-2010, 03:58 AM
Why is it funny? Because, any time I get beat down in anything I don't cry about it. I get upset, pick up my sorry bad word, and use that beat down as motivation to work on getting better and not let that kind of thing happen again. Maybe this lights a fire under someones butt. He got beat he got beat. He was man enough to admit it now do something about it. Something other then crying.

He is a grown man getting paid mass money to play a game. Now if this was a kid that got his bike stolen that he worked his butt off for then I could see crying. If the roles were reversed he would be laughing and joking with a big grin on his face. So when you get beat put you head down and get motivated. Don't cry.

We'll see, and hope for some redemption outta this team come Sunday. Glad there gunna be showing this game on the west coast for us Californians. BTW, Cal-Steel I checked out the competition clips on youtube.. Amazing stuff, ur kids got some cool fighting skills :Bow :Clap :tt1

Chadman
11-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Oh he did not sound like he was about to cry. Or even look like it. Upset? Probably. He looked uncomfortable is how he looked. Probably because the post game speech from Tomlin pointed a few fingers.

William Gay is not the Steelers biggest problem. As a nickle/dime CB, he's quite servicable.

Gameplan vs the Pats is the biggest problem- the coaching staff can't seem to figure out how to beat the Pats, while their mob seem to know just how to unravel the Steelers.

feltdizz
11-16-2010, 10:14 AM
BWWWAAAA HAAA HA HA HA...Just got off the Steelers.com from listening to some locker room interviews and William Gay sounded like a little kid trying not to cry. Funny as all hell.

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio ... aaf87f508b (http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Will-Gay---Post-Game---Patriots/444c3826-a4c3-4dc2-9f6f-c7aaf87f508b)

You got to hear it.

why is this funny? When some people get pissed or humbled they get emotional.

At least he kid is showing some emotion...

Djfan
11-16-2010, 10:27 AM
Gameplan vs the Pats is the biggest problem- the coaching staff can't seem to figure out how to beat the Pats, while their mob seem to know just how to unravel the Steelers.

Bingo. This is just not being talked about by the talking heads. Can't figure out why.

NC Steeler Fan
11-16-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't think this is funny either.

If our guys get torched, I want it to hurt and affect them personally; and I want them to let the fans know it too.

If we had nothing but a bunch of high-priced, arrogant, emotionless, pricks on our team, guys who don't really care how the fans feel either, I'd want no part of it...

GreggyDigital
11-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Clearly wasn't crying. He did look upset but obviously if you were on that team would you be happy?

I'm not happy with how he played but at least he's saying all the right things and hopefully they will get in the lab and figure it out.

pittpete
11-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Why is this funny again?
I dont find anything funny after a devastating loss like we just had.
What is wrong with society now a days :roll:

Kid
11-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Hopefully his feeling were hurt enough that he will quit.

CanadianSteel
11-16-2010, 04:02 PM
Not a Gay fan at all, but yes i do feel for the guy. I really think he is trying out there, just don't have the tools for the assignments he is given

SidSmythe
11-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Gay like most Steeler CB's is not a cover corner, but a zone corner. more specifically a nickel zone corner who's pretty good in Run Support (except against Peterson)

California-Steel
11-16-2010, 05:07 PM
I agree with this also. Not sure why the Steelers always allow the short crossing routes and the deep middle routes.

On O I cannot for the life of me understand why we don't exploit the short middle, the flats, or run the ball with some creativity.

Put that square peg into that round hole.