PDA

View Full Version : Sidney Rice

Dee Dub
11-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Sidney Rice is a free agent after the end of this season. Due to the fact that he hasnt played this year there is a good chance he could come at a somewhat descent cost. In otherwords, it shouldnt break the back to get him. He is young, big, tallented, and he would be a great compliment to Wallace, Sanders, and Brown. All 4 would bring a little something different to the table. And I think it would make for a bonafide receiving core.

When the New England Patriots are stock pilling draft picks (2 firsts, 2 seconds, and 2 thirds), it is going to be hard to keep up with th Jones' when the Jones' are going to have a lot more premium picks.

Something outside the box is going to need to be done this off season.

grotonsteel
11-15-2010, 10:57 PM
No way Vikings let Sidney Rice go...unless his hip surgery went wrong....

Sidney Rice is top talent...

Chucktownsteeler
11-15-2010, 10:57 PM
With all due respect, the last thing we need to be concerned with right now is a WR. OL, DL, a few cornerbacks, a new OC, a new DC, YES!.

A new WR, NO!

Chucktownsteeler

:2c

Dee Dub
11-15-2010, 11:40 PM
No way Vikings let Sidney Rice go...

Really? Then why isnt he signed after this season?

Dee Dub
11-15-2010, 11:47 PM
With all due respect, the last thing we need to be concerned with right now is a WR. OL, DL, a few cornerbacks, a new OC, a new DC, YES!.

A new WR, NO!

Chucktownsteeler

:2c

Hines Ward is on his last leg. Antwaan Randle El is a below average WR and Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown are unproven.

The idea here is that they sign a free agent bargain WR so that they can use their draft picks for other needs. Like an O-lineman.

If you dont think after this season WR isnt a high priority then you really arent paying attention to this team. I would agree it isnt the most pressing need but it is a need. Trying to fill a descent O-lineman in free agency is going to cost a lot more than WR who is coming off a year where he hasnt played.

Outside the box.

NJ-STEELER
11-16-2010, 12:17 AM
with farve not coming back, he may want out of there . dont think he would want to play where tavaris jackson is throwing him the ball.

either way, must look into free agency. we dont have enuff premium picks to fix all our needs

SteelCzar76
11-16-2010, 02:13 AM
Really ? How many of you honestly believe that Tomlin would bring in Sidney Rice ? :lol:

steelblood
11-16-2010, 08:32 AM
It all depends. Hip surgery is a big deal. If the price is very low, yes! Why not take a risk? If the price is moderate, it all depends on the risk. If I were the Steelers I'd be kicking the tires on a lot of UFAs this offseason. I'm not saying we sign many, but we need to be investigating ways to improve this team's weakness (especially OL, DL, and CB).

RuthlessBurgher
11-16-2010, 11:21 AM

For the exact same reason that LaMarr Woodley isn't signed after this season. With no CBA in place, it would have taken $40-$50 million guaranteed to sign Rice or Woodley to a long term deal because of the 30% rule (it wasn't as bad for 2007 first round picks, but Rice and Woodley were with the 44th and 46th overall picks in the second round of that draft so they are in the exact same boat).

grotonsteel
11-16-2010, 11:40 AM

maybe hip surgery?? He is yet to play a game this season. Who knows how he plays after major surgery he may never become that dominant player again.

I don't want Steelers to sign Rice unless he is healthy and can play like he played in 2009 season else i would pass.