PDA

View Full Version : Heinz / Homefield Advantage?

hoosierpete
11-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Looking at the last few years, with a few exceptions, it seems that the Steelers play tight/mediocre at Heinz Field. Also, I'm not sure if Heinz Field provides true homefield advantage like other stadiums? With our rabid fanbase, it SHOULD! What do you all think?

flippy
11-15-2010, 09:28 PM
Every game I've seen live, we play horrible.

I've thought the field takes away our D team speed advantage.

And while the stadium is cool, there's no noise like TRS had.

pfelix73
11-15-2010, 09:33 PM
Oh, I agree 1000%. Heinz, while cool, is no Three Rivers when it comes to noise.

:tt1

Crash
11-15-2010, 09:46 PM
The playing surface evens it up for lesser teams.

And apologists can spare me what the players say in public about the field, in privatem when they have the field survey's, the Steelers players rip it.

Starlifter
11-15-2010, 10:08 PM
I've said often that Heinz field is not a good stadium. Quite frankly, it is cheap with absolutely nothing special about it. the great hall? really? a few SB pictures and some old steeler lockers. be still my beating heart. when you add in the crappy field and the absolute horrible way they treat fans - it's simply not good. Ask Steelernation1 how they treated him and his banner! as for homefield advantage, I don't see it either. the field slows down both teams, the open end lets out all the noise. In my opinion, the ONLY reason to go there is for the steelers themselves. The stadium adds nothing to the experience and in many instances detracts.

btw, note to the scoreboard operator. In a game when you're getting your a$$ handed to you there really is NO good time to play renegade............

SteelBucks
11-15-2010, 10:53 PM

And apologists can spare me what the players say in public about the field, in privatem when they have the field survey's, the Steelers players rip it.

Wonder how the field will hold up after the Pens get done with it for the Winter Classic. With all that said I still prefer grass over FieldTurf.

pfelix73
11-15-2010, 11:37 PM
Before that, we got those 4 high school games next week. Then the NFL is giving us 3 home games in a row in Dec. Wonder if Pitt. has a home game this weekend?

Crash
11-15-2010, 11:46 PM

Wonder how the field will hold up after the Pens get done with it for the Winter Classic. With all that said I still prefer grass over FieldTurf.

No more games at Heinz after the classic unless we win the division. My guess is the field will be re-sodded after that game if we need it.

I prefer grass too. But Heinz isn't grass. It's worn out grass over a sand base.

Field Turf OUTSIDE, is not as hard as FT indoors because of the moisture it gets.

pepsyman1
11-16-2010, 12:33 AM
I've always thought of Heinz field as a little bit of a disappointment...especially after seeing a few playoff games at TRS. TRS felt like you were locked inside a nuclear reactor when the crowd got juiced. I can still remember feeling the cement vibrating under my feet at the 94 AFCCG. We just don't have that kind of effect at Heinz field. If nothing else, they should redo the open end, mimic the stands in the other end zone and relocate the scoreboard. We'd pick up some seats (which the decades worth of hopefuls waiting for season tickets would love) and we'd really get more of a home field advantage.

Kid
11-16-2010, 11:35 AM
it does provide a nice view of downtown or the incline :wink:

grotonsteel
11-16-2010, 11:43 AM
Heinz field is an advantage to our slow DBs who can't cover rookie TEs.

feltdizz
11-16-2010, 12:14 PM

really?

fordfixer
11-16-2010, 09:36 PM
Every game I've seen live, we play horrible.

I've thought the field takes away our D team speed advantage.

And while the stadium is cool, there's no noise like TRS had.
I vote we no longer let Flippy attend games live :lol: :lol:

Starlifter
11-16-2010, 09:40 PM

really?

lol, I believe that was pure sarcasm by feltdizz....... :Cheers

birtikidis
11-16-2010, 09:41 PM
Before that, we got those 4 high school games next week. Then the NFL is giving us 3 home games in a row in Dec. Wonder if Pitt. has a home game this weekend?

Pitt play USF this weekend, down here in Tampa