PDA

View Full Version : 11 carries

CanadianSteel
11-15-2010, 03:30 PM
I don't care if we are down 30-0 in the 1st Q, you give a back like Mendy more then 11 touches a game. Did they not even watch the Browns last week?

Oh and btw, just on 11 carries Mendy had 50 yards, but thats ok Ben had 49 pass attempts........ :wft

Crash
11-15-2010, 03:32 PM
They were down 17-3 before Mendy saw the field in the 2nd half.

Yeah, lets run the ball.

CanadianSteel
11-15-2010, 03:37 PM
10-3 half time. thats 30mins of football to establish some type of running game. Browns can but we can't?

Crash
11-15-2010, 03:40 PM
10-3 half time. thats 30mins of football to establish some type of running game. Browns can but we can't?

With two starters on an already bad OL out? We don't have a stud like Joe Thomas either.

We also have 2 TE's on the field. That hurts them also.

steelblood
11-15-2010, 03:50 PM
mendenhall had one good run. he wasn't keeping drives going in the first half. it wasn't working. we weren't going to run ourselves back into that game.

NJ-STEELER
11-15-2010, 03:54 PM
yes

the browns OL is much better then ours...even when we're healthy

thats why you see an average back like hillis having good games

ikestops85
11-15-2010, 05:03 PM
yes

the browns OL is much better then ours...even when we're healthy

thats why you see an average back like hillis having good games

I agree with you that the Browns O-line is much better than ours but Hillis is far from an average back. The guy has amazing hands and makes great catches besides being a good runner. He did very well in Denver when given the chance and now he is with the Browns. We better realize that this guy is good when we play the Browns at the end of the year or he will leave cleat marks on the faces of some steelers.

NJ-STEELER
11-15-2010, 06:59 PM
i realize he's good

should have said average mesurables, besides size

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 07:28 PM
A lot of the Browns highlights seemed to show Hillis and others running outside on the Pats.

We rarely ran outside on them. Hell, we rarely run outside.

didn't matter though... Brady would have just marched down the field in 1:30 and put 7 more on the board.

Crash
11-15-2010, 07:31 PM

BINGO. Almost EVERYTHING we do, is inside the tackles.

We did not pitch outside to Mendy ONCE last night.

Discipline of Steel
11-15-2010, 07:35 PM

BINGO. Almost EVERYTHING we do, is inside the tackles.

We did not pitch outside to Mendy ONCE last night.

I have to agree. Our receivers and TEs are much better at blocking who they have to block than the OL. Mendys big run started up the middle and trickled outside.

NorthCoast
11-16-2010, 11:10 PM
A lot of the Browns highlights seemed to show Hillis and others running outside on the Pats.

didn't matter though... Brady would have just marched down the field in 1:30 and put 7 more on the board.

ding ding ding. you got it. very few attempts outside the tackles and very few passes to the RB in the flat. both were used by the Browns against NE....but that's OK, cause our OC is smarter than theirs, we just didn't execute.

ANPSTEEL
11-17-2010, 12:23 AM

ding ding ding. you got it. very few attempts outside the tackles and very few passes to the RB in the flat. both were used by the Browns against NE....but that's OK, cause our OC is smarter than theirs, we just didn't execute.

I'm going to repeat myself here...

Right now, as we speak, I still cannot comprehend why we dont see Redman & Mendenhall in the backfield together more. They can both run, catch and block. And while mendy may not be Santonio, I'm pretty confident he'd offer more motioning out wide than say.. El.

That personnel package would be so much more effective than the **** he trots out there now.

It would be perfect for power running, play action, no huddle / k-gun etc... and the defense wouldn't immediately be able to identify what the **** we are running by the personnel or initial formation.

:breathing

CanadianSteel
11-17-2010, 11:57 AM
No Redman/Mendy back field, BA likes single back with Moore in there to give Mendy a breather :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Djfan
11-17-2010, 12:05 PM
No Redman/Mendy back field, BA likes single back with Moore in there to give Mendy a breather :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger :HeadBanger

Herein lies another one of my problems with Brucey A. We don't even know if our talent is up there or not to a large degree. Put in different packages, different runs, heck, even a flea-flicker if you have to, but do something different.

So far, our play book is RUTM or go long.

We're under-using our opportunities.

steelcurtain44
11-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Ok, I must be the only one who has noticed a real problem with Mendy. People are talking about not running to the outside. Well watch Mendy, when the line has their blocks sealed to the inside. The outside is there for Mendy, but he doesn't see it, because he has a bad habit of spinning before contact. He just doesn't hit the hole when it's there.

As terrible as Moore is to me, have you all notice how on most plays he run, he hits it hard, and there seem to be an opening? When Mendy runs the ball hard and precise he's successful. He needs to stop spinning when there's not contact.

It is Mendy's responsibility to bounce the play outside. He has to see the cut back and hit it. He's just not doing it. He is a also a big part of the problem with the run game. At the beginning of the year, that's what he did. He saw a hole and hit it. It just seems like since Ben has returned both the offensive and defensive players have relaxed.

ikestops85
11-17-2010, 01:30 PM
Ok, I must be the only one who has noticed a real problem with Mendy. People are talking about not running to the outside. Well watch Mendy, when the line has their blocks sealed to the inside. The outside is there for Mendy, but he doesn't see it, because he has a bad habit of spinning before contact. He just doesn't hit the hole when it's there.

As terrible as Moore is to me, have you all notice how on most plays he run, he hits it hard, and there seem to be an opening? When Mendy runs the ball hard and precise he's successful. He needs to stop spinning when there's not contact.

It is Mendy's responsibility to bounce the play outside. He has to see the cut back and hit it. He's just not doing it. He is a also a big part of the problem with the run game. At the beginning of the year, that's what he did. He saw a hole and hit it. It just seems like since Ben has returned both the offensive and defensive players have relaxed.

Sometimes Mendy is too enamoured with the spinning but I think he has pretty good vision. That big run he had against the Pats was all Mendy. He didn't get any blocking what so ever but his footwork was amazing. I think he is doing a very good job.