PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes versus Mike Wallace..

Dee Dub
11-15-2010, 02:26 PM
I think this deserved it's own thread...

The last 21 games for Santonio Holmes and Mike Wallace.

Mike Wallace

21 games 55 rec. 1205 21.9 ypc 13 TDís

Santonio Holmes

21 games 99 rec. 1569 15.8 ypc 6 TDís

Wallace averages a TD every 4.23 times he touches the ball. Holmes is 16.5 every time he touches the ball.

I am willing to bet the next 21 games Wallace will have better numbers across the board.

I for one am glad the Steelers have Wallace instead of Santonio.

Crash
11-15-2010, 02:30 PM
You are missing the issue.

Wallace replacing Holmes is fine.

ARE/Sanders replacing Wallace is not.

papillon
11-15-2010, 02:31 PM

Mike Wallace

Santonio Holmes

Wallace averages a TD every 4.23 times he touches the ball. Holmes is 16.5 every time he touches the ball.

I am willing to bet the next 21 games Wallace will have better numbers across the board.

They should still have both and be real dangerous.

Pappy

Dee Dub
11-15-2010, 02:36 PM

No I am not...I said that in another thread. The Steelers some how think that ARE is a go-to fade back of the end zone receiver. :shock:

When Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown are on the field at the same time..the Steelers are going to have two of the fastest, most explosive receivers in the league. And a bonafide possession receiver in Sanders to boot.

NJ-STEELER
11-15-2010, 03:18 PM

Mike Wallace

Santonio Holmes

They should still have both and be real dangerous.

Pappy

Bingo

Crash
11-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Randle El makes $2.3 million

TO makes $2 million.

There's your problem.

steelblood
11-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Wallace is great. Love the kid. He is a great big play receiver and is a decent guy for slants. But, Holmes had outstanding change of direction and intermediate route running skills. Wallace isn't there (not yet at least) - not even close.

We should have kept Holmes. As it is, we should sit El and play the kids, they are better.

Dee Dub
11-15-2010, 03:42 PM
Wallace is great. Love the kid. He is a great big play receiver and is a decent guy for slants. But, Holmes had outstanding change of direction and intermediate route running skills. Wallace isn't there (not yet at least) - not even close.

We should have kept Holmes. As it is, we should sit El and play the kids, they are better.

Yeah I hear ya...but Santonio didnt really didn score many "Touchdowns"...and Mike Wallace does..

And I could care less about all that route running and change of directions stuff..

Wallace gets in the end zone. :wink:

steelblood
11-15-2010, 03:44 PM

Yeah I hear ya...but Santonio didnt really didn score many "Touchdowns"...and Mike Wallace does..

And I could care less about all that route running and change of directions stuff..

santonio kept the chains moving. It would be nice to have both.

CanadianSteel
11-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Love Mr 60mins :) But he is not on par with Holmes yet. In time he will.

ANPSTEEL
11-15-2010, 03:55 PM

santonio kept the chains moving. It would be nice to have both.

That is exactly what he did. Holmes was Ben's security blanket on 3rd down.

NJ-STEELER
11-15-2010, 03:58 PM

i've seen that agreement on other boards and just really think its stupid.

not trying to attack you either. but, for someone with as much football knowledge as you portray on these boards, its one of the dumbest arguments i've ever seen.

suddenly yards between the goal lines aren't important??? c'mon

its fine that you like wallace bette then holmes. i like the kid too, but dont try to degrade what moves the ball or what holmes meant to us because he isn't here anymore

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 04:03 PM
[quote=steelblood]Wallace is great. Love the kid. He is a great big play receiver and is a decent guy for slants. But, Holmes had outstanding change of direction and intermediate route running skills. Wallace isn't there (not yet at least) - not even close.

not trying to attack you either. but, for someone with as much football knowledge as you portray on these boards, its one of the dumbest arguments i've ever seen.

its fine that you like wallace bette then holmes. i like the kid too, but dont try to degrade what moves the ball or what holmes meant to us because he isn't here anymore[/quote:2mp7pze5]
bingo... and if all Holmes did was run the fly pattern he would have incredible numbers. Nate had like 6 or 7 TD's and he isn't in the same league as either of these 2.

Holmes job on our team was to create underneath and he it very well. Wallace is lloking good but he runs high and took a hard shot running underneath.

He will be great but there is no need to throw Holmes under the looney bus to make your argument.

RuthlessBurgher
11-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Tone did make clutch plays in OT to eke out wins in each of the last two weeks. You've got to give him that. I'm impressed with Wallace as well. Both are very good receivers...there is no need to put one down to boost up the other. Wallace replacing Holmes not what has hurt us. As others have already mentioned, it is that no one has taken over Wallace's #3 role that he filled so well last season (at this point, I'm reducing to longing for the glory days of Nate Washington as a #3 WR). Hopefully, with Manny Sanders getting many opportunities down the stretch of this game that the coaching staff will start to trust the kid out on offense more down the second half of the season.

Dee Dub
11-15-2010, 04:15 PM
[quote=steelblood]Wallace is great. Love the kid. He is a great big play receiver and is a decent guy for slants. But, Holmes had outstanding change of direction and intermediate route running skills. Wallace isn't there (not yet at least) - not even close.

its fine that you like wallace bette then holmes. i like the kid too, but dont try to degrade what moves the ball or what holmes meant to us because he isn't here anymore[/quote:3oas5ubo]

Not at all. See I am a believer that once the Steelers finally make Wallace their go-to number 1 he is going to do more than just score TD's. He is going to be one of the leagues elite receivers. Personally I think he is ready now...but unfortunately it usually takes the Steelers longer than other teams to figure out what they have in younger players.

What did we hear last night about the Patriots?? They had how many rookies starting on defense? 3?? Exactly.

ikestops85
11-15-2010, 04:30 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":3ecp10n7][quote=steelblood]Wallace is great. Love the kid. He is a great big play receiver and is a decent guy for slants. But, Holmes had outstanding change of direction and intermediate route running skills. Wallace isn't there (not yet at least) - not even close.

its fine that you like wallace bette then holmes. i like the kid too, but dont try to degrade what moves the ball or what holmes meant to us because he isn't here anymore[/quote:3ecp10n7]

Not at all. See I am a believer that once the Steelers finally make Wallace their go-to number 1 he is going to do more than just score TD's. He is going to be one of the leagues elite receivers. Personally I think he is ready now...but unfortunately it usually takes the Steelers longer than other teams to figure out what they have in younger players.

What did we hear last night about the Patriots?? They had how many rookies starting on defense? 3?? Exactly.[/quote:3ecp10n7]

Sorry Dee Dub but you are wrong!! They had 4 rookies starting on defense. :lol:

I am in agreement with you on Wallace. Last night he showed he can run just about any route and be successful. I know a lot of his catches came in garbage time but he still showed the skill. I do agree with Ruthless though that while Wallace has replace Homes we haven't replaced Wallace.

Of course if we had both receivers we would be a better team but we don't so let's move on. Hopefully Arians learned that Wallace can do more than run deep and we can make a living on the dump pass over the middle like so many teams do to us.

rockonsteel
11-15-2010, 08:09 PM
[quote="Dee Dub":1qh3s1n3][quote=steelblood]Wallace is great. Love the kid. He is a great big play receiver and is a decent guy for slants. But, Holmes had outstanding change of direction and intermediate route running skills. Wallace isn't there (not yet at least) - not even close.

its fine that you like wallace bette then holmes. i like the kid too, but dont try to degrade what moves the ball or what holmes meant to us because he isn't here anymore

What did we hear last night about the Patriots?? They had how many rookies starting on defense? 3?? Exactly.[/quote:1qh3s1n3]

Sorry Dee Dub but you are wrong!! They had 4 rookies starting on defense. :lol:

I am in agreement with you on Wallace. Last night he showed he can run just about any route and be successful. I know a lot of his catches came in garbage time but he still showed the skill. I do agree with Ruthless though that while Wallace has replace Homes we haven't replaced Wallace.

Of course if we had both receivers we would be a better team but we don't so let's move on. Hopefully Arians learned that Wallace can do more than run deep and we can make a living on the dump pass over the middle like so many teams do to us.[/quote:1qh3s1n3]

Hey Ike, go easy on DeeDub. It was an honest mistake. He obviously confused the 4 rookie starters on defense with the 3 TDs their rookie TE smoked the defense for. It happens to the best of us. :Cheers

And Bruce Airhead doesn't appear to have much of a capacity for learning. Otherwise, we'd see him making a lot more adjustments. :HeadBanger

Rockon

feltdizz
11-18-2010, 12:00 PM
just thought I would bump this thread...

my wife, who is a Steeler fan by default :wink: knows next to nothing about football...

but on Sunday night all she kept saying was #17. He is going to be a star. Now she wants one of those female jerseys they are pimping on TV... #17.

Dee Dub
11-18-2010, 12:30 PM

my wife, who is a Steeler fan by default :wink: knows next to nothing about football...

but on Sunday night all she kept saying was #17. He is going to be a star. Now she wants one of those female jerseys they are pimping on TV... #17.

By seasonís end heíll be considered one of the leagues brightest stars. Iím thinkingÖ

65 receptions 1300 plus yards 13 TDís

And he will have done some no other Steelers has ever done. Scored more than 12 TDís at the WR position.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-18-2010, 01:01 PM

By seasonís end heíll be considered one of the leagues brightest stars. Iím thinkingÖ

65 receptions 1300 plus yards 13 TDís

And he will have done some no other Steelers has ever done. Scored more than 12 TDís at the WR position.

And next season, 95 receptions, 1900 yards and 19 TD's.

Probably won't happen, but the potential is there.

Shawn
11-18-2010, 06:48 PM

$$$

Dee Dub
11-18-2010, 08:46 PM

$$$

I think by seasons end that issue wont be an issue either.

Emmanuel Sanders has the make up to be a legit number 2. He just needs playing time. As soon as they give it to him the sooner he takes over.

feltdizz
11-18-2010, 10:59 PM

$$$

Emmanuel Sanders has the make up to be a legit number 2. He just needs playing time. As soon as they give it to him the sooner he takes over.

he is getting time... he has made some decent plays but he has also made some game changing mistakes...

NJ-STEELER
11-18-2010, 11:16 PM

$$$

when your a team that can contend. you shouldn't go throwing years away waiting for someone.

especially when that other piece was already here

steelblood
11-19-2010, 12:04 PM

$$$

he is getting time... he has made some decent plays but he has also made some game changing mistakes...

Wallace has had some big drops too.

Dee Dub
11-19-2010, 03:10 PM

$$$

Not really..had Hines Ward not gotten hurt...Sanders does not have those 5 receptions. I am not just talking about suiting up and being on the field. I am talking about the Steelers getting him actively involved in the offense as a regular.

I am talking about when this kids is finally put ahead of ARE.