PDA

View Full Version : Guys living in the 'burgh: LeBeau comments?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-15-2010, 12:37 PM
Just wondering - are the local papers, and the local buzz, down on LeBeau at all?

Thanks -

Crash
11-15-2010, 12:40 PM
Some are on radio. But as usual when Brady carves up LeBeau's defense again it's the offense's fault.

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Some are on radio. But as usual when Brady carves up LeBeau's defense again it's the offense's fault.
:Clap

Oviedo
11-15-2010, 12:51 PM

:Clap :Clap

LeBeau is never at fault. Who could have possibly figured out the Pats gameplan of max protection and underneath routes ahead of time? About a billion people!!!

But let's ignore all that and talk about how poorly the offense played.

grotonsteel
11-15-2010, 12:54 PM

LeBeau is never at fault. Who could have possibly figured out the Pats gameplan of max protection and underneath routes ahead of time? About a billion people!!!

:Agree

When a rookie TE scores 3 TD on so called great D its a disgrace no matter how you break it....Also Cheatroits were able to run on Steelers D at will.

They could not stop their TE and nor their RB. Did they even tough Tom Brady??

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 12:57 PM
I kept asking myself, screaming mind you, "how fast are these TE's?" They will only go over the top a few times but they will take the underneath stuff all night long and no CB's jumped ANY routes under neath.

I'd rather see them take a gamble and lose the just bend over a take an L.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Some are on radio. ...

Tiptoeing around the subject, or pitchforks at the ready?

Oh, and maybe we played vanilla so we could surprise them in the playoffs!

Crash
11-15-2010, 01:14 PM
For all of their antics and hijinx the Ryan Brothers are a combined 3-3 vs, Brady.

Why? Because they bring pressure against him.

While LeBeau is scared to play him.

I hope the Browns lose out, fire their staff, and we hire Rob Ryan.

Ghost
11-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Of the many things driving me crazy lat night - giving Welker a 10 yard cushion so he gets that quick toss and it's a guranteed 7 yard gain everytime. If I'm Oakland or Buffalo, I'm looking to use that type of play over and over. 2nd and 3 is nice.

papillon
11-15-2010, 02:25 PM

The Steelers could have blitzed more,but the reality of the evening is that their underneath receivers Gronkowski, Welker, Jarvis-Green were able to beat our underneath cover guys with ease last night. Troy Polamalu must have guessed wrong at least a handful of times that they showed and based on the fact I don't think he made a significant play all night he probably guessed wrong a lot.

How in the name of all that is right can a team max protect and get a one-on-one matchup with a WR and corner in the middle of the field? Shouldn't Troy or Ryan been in the vicinity to double the one lone deep route?

I think the players took too much initiative to try and out think Brady and he killed them.

Pappy

JAR
11-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Arians is being blamed here. Arians needs to learn how to catch.

http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best- ... t-Debacle/ (http://www.pittsburghmagazine.com/Best-of-the-Burgh-Blogs/Pulling-No-Punches/November-2010/Is-Bruce-Arians-to-Blame-for-the-Sunday-Night-Debacle/)

ANPSTEEL
11-15-2010, 03:58 PM
For all of their antics and hijinx the Ryan Brothers are a combined 3-3 vs, Brady.

If wishes were fishes...

unfortunately, I think their turn-around is going to get Rob a head coaching gig.

RuthlessBurgher
11-15-2010, 03:59 PM

If wishes were fishes...

unfortunately, I think their turn-around is going to get Rob a head coaching gig.

At least that's what the producers of HBO's Hard Knocks are hoping for...a summer with another Ryan brother.

ANPSTEEL
11-15-2010, 04:06 PM

If wishes were fishes...

At least that's what the producers of HBO's Hard Knocks are hoping for...a summer with another Ryan brother.

undoubtedly

SidSmythe
11-16-2010, 05:37 PM
LeBeau sucks about as much as any other great DC
get a grip people.

Crash
11-16-2010, 05:40 PM
get a grip people.

http://www.ruderfinn.co.uk/blogs/dotcom/files/2009/06/enviromental-head-in-the-sand.jpg

LouSteel
11-16-2010, 06:29 PM
get a grip people.

Sorry SidSmythe, but I think you've got it wrong.

Lebeau gave the Pats 10 yard cushions on every play, and they ate it up. We won Lebeau's "limit the big play" battle but lost the war.