PDA

View Full Version : GOOD!!

ikestops85
11-15-2010, 11:04 AM
We got our arses handed to us. GOOD! The defense was exposed. GOOD! The offense was it's typical red zone worst. GOOD!

Now that we have this out of the way it's time to see what type of football team we have this year. One that is going to start building for a run deep into the playoffs and possible SB like in 2008 or one that can't close out a team or hold a lead like in 2009.

I for one think the players are going to wake up and realize they have just been going through the motions since Ben has come back. That along with some tweaks to the defense and the hope that Arians learned something from this game leads me to believe that we are going to start the playoff run. I still recall the humiliation of the Philly game 2 years ago and the great turnaround the team had that year. I look for the same this year.

The Oakland game will be key. If we find a way to lose to the Raiders we will be finished for the year even if we make the playoffs. You can't be stomped the way we were and not come back with a big game. The Patriots did it and we have to follow their lead. I think we will.

Besides, I want us to play the Pats again and have someone rip Brady's arm off as payback for the endzone spike. :evil:

THE PLAYOFF RUN STARTS NOW!!! :tt2 :tt2

Oviedo
11-15-2010, 11:16 AM
If the team realizes that they got their butts kicked by the type of team they need to beat in the play offs then this will be GOOD.

If they try to dismiss it as an anomoly and don't make changes then this year will become last year.

IMO Tomlin needs to take control of this after the season and get new coordinators on both sides of the football.

NW Steeler
11-15-2010, 11:29 AM
I hope that you are right and that they wake up and respond to this ass whipping. But boy we are a beat up team. We are playing without both our starting DE's, 3/5th's of the O-line are backups (and that is if you consider Essex a bonafide starter), and now it looks like Timmons may be questionable for next week. Our receivers suddenly cant catch, and Gay is....well...Gay. I agree that if we lose next weekend, we will NOT make the playoffs. But I HOPE that we respond, and beat the snot out of Oakland. Good point about the '08 season, we looked absolutely pathetic in that game against Philly. Who would have thought that we would end up Champs that year? But this year feels a lot different. Sometime injuries just become too much to overcome.

SteelCrazy
11-15-2010, 11:32 AM
If the team realizes that they got their butts kicked by the type of team they need to beat in the play offs then this will be GOOD.

If they try to dismiss it as an anomoly and don't make changes then this year will become last year.

IMO Tomlin needs to take control of this after the season and get new coordinators on both sides of the football.

I agree with getting a new coordinator but not LeBeau. He's still one of the best, he just got out coached. Arians on the other hand is a total buffoon. He has had the same game plan every game for the last 3 years. It makes me sick.

msp26505
11-15-2010, 11:36 AM

I'm now officially on the "replace both" bandwagon.

grotonsteel
11-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Steelers performance was horrible and that too on national TV...

Will the Steelers player wake up??? On O do they have the capability to do so??

O-line is a patch work...WRs are young and will make rookie mistake...ARE is not making plays..ARE is a waste of spot on the team....I can also make fair catch on every punt..maybe Steelers draft me...and i can play for free...

Will it create chaos if they put Brown and Sanders at the same time?

I would like Ward-Wallace-sanders-Brown but i will be afraid to put two rookie WRs at the same time.

Also BA needs to change his game plan...enough of runs on 1st down down the middle or on right side..He is fooling no .

sentinel33
11-15-2010, 12:08 PM
i am all for getting these young receivers in the games. these guys are young fast and athletic. ward is none of these. not knocking ward. it is what it is. getting these three more invovled is exactly the shot in the arm this offense needs. i also would like to see more of dwyer. dump randle el and dump reed. make some moves and shake it up. Ben is a top QB in this league. he can make it work with the young boys. he can make up the difference in there mistakes. look what brady and manning do with what they have. he can do the same. just look at the 2nd half. 2 to wallace and one to sanders. this was a big game for sanders. now he knows what kind of football has to be played to be a contender.
the rebound next week against oakland better happen. and this team better get amped up for that game because if they think they can perform the way they did last night and come out with a win they are in for a long 2nd half of the season. oakland is up and coming. cant look past them or buffalo to the baltimore game.
i still think we go 11-5 on the year. whether that gets us in the playoffs or not is another issue altogether.
what i want to see is change. more on the offensive side of the ball than on the defensive side. our defense is pretty good. the offense needs to start putting up more points. that means getting these young guys involved. yeah they are gonna make mistakes like with sanders in the end zone last night. but he came back and played quite well after that. him and brown and dwyer would be the bump on offense that this team needs. i look forward to seeing this team rebound and make a push.
Go Steelers!!!

Oviedo
11-15-2010, 12:14 PM
What is the worse that can happen with the young receivers? They drop balls? Our veterans have mastered that.

NW Steeler
11-15-2010, 12:18 PM
Randle El throws a pretty good ball once or twice a year and had one of the most memorable plays in SB history, but the guy can't catch. I guess I see why they brought him back, but now that Sanders is showing what he's got, I'd like to see El sit. Ward still needs to be on the field, this talk of him sitting down for Brown is ridiculous.

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 12:19 PM
What is the worse that can happen with the young receivers? They drop balls? Our veterans have mastered that.

running the wrong routes? Knocking down TD's passes to open WR's...

I'm all for the youngsters getting more reps but if we start them it will be a long season. Some highs but some game losing lows in the mistakes department.

However, I think ARE is helping us lose. LOL..

sentinel33
11-15-2010, 01:15 PM
i honestly feel that our defense alone is good enough to beat oakland and buffalo. i certainly dont want the team thinking that way though. with that said i think we can go 11-5 and make the playoffs while still dealing with the growing pains of playing young wideouts. with Ward back in there for next weeks tilt against oakland, and buffalo after that, its a great opportunity to get these kids goin. our receiving corps has alot of talent. the group of ward,wallace,sanders,brown and hopefully sweed has me feelin pretty good about the future of the passing game. as for now, get brown and sanders ready for the baltimore game by benching ARE and preparing them for the most important game left on the schedule-baltimore.

Ghost
11-15-2010, 01:27 PM
I'm all for the rah, rah, stuff but be careful what you wish for. It was this same time/situation last season when everyone thought they had gotten a wake up call and would pull their collective heads out of thier backsides and then they proceeded to lose to three of the worst teams (5 total) in the entire NFL....

I don't even want to say it (unleash hell...)

NW Steeler
11-15-2010, 01:29 PM
UNLEASH HELL!!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

:twisted:

focosteeler
11-15-2010, 01:31 PM

running the wrong routes? Knocking down TD's passes to open WR's...

I'm all for the youngsters getting more reps but if we start them it will be a long season. Some highs but some game losing lows in the mistakes department.

However, I think ARE is helping us lose. LOL..

I think sanders earned his spot at #3 last night. sure he didn't make the hot read in the endzone but he made some plays for us and got back up after being smashed. he like wallace is a tough player

drprwnap
11-15-2010, 01:32 PM
i honestly feel that our defense alone is good enough to beat oakland and buffalo. i certainly dont want the team thinking that way though. with that said i think we can go 11-5 and make the playoffs while still dealing with the growing pains of playing young wideouts. with Ward back in there for next weeks tilt against oakland, and buffalo after that, its a great opportunity to get these kids goin. our receiving corps has alot of talent. the group of ward,wallace,sanders,brown and hopefully sweed has me feelin pretty good about the future of the passing game. as for now, get brown and sanders ready for the baltimore game by benching ARE and preparing them for the most important game left on the schedule-baltimore.

Are you daft man? On drugs?? Smoking crack???? :wft

grotonsteel
11-15-2010, 01:36 PM
i honestly feel that our defense alone is good enough to beat oakland and buffalo.

Steelers D lost its manhood yesterday and you believe they will show up against Oakland and Bills?

If they keep rushing 3 players we will see teams putting up 30-40 points on that D.
Jason Campbell is not Tom Brady but last season Raiders were able to march on this similar D.

Rush 3 and remaining 8 guys can't cover...

ikestops85
11-15-2010, 01:46 PM
i honestly feel that our defense alone is good enough to beat oakland and buffalo.

Steelers D lost its manhood yesterday and you believe they will show up against Oakland and Bills?

You have to believe

http://www.samrayburnisd.com/Highschool/senior09/WSteele/Believe.jpg

http://www.uexpressit.com/BELIEVE_1.jpg

papillon
11-15-2010, 02:42 PM

No, they run wrong routes that turn into pick sixes, don't move the chains or don't score TDs that's the worst that can happen. The best that can happen is they get experience, they improve their timing with Ben, they make some big plays and they add youth to the team in general.

I'm fine with them playing, but there are worse things that happen when inexperienced receivers play football than just dropping passes.

Pappy

AngryAsian
11-15-2010, 02:45 PM

No, they run wrong routes that turn into pick sixes, don't move the chains or don't score TDs that's the worst that can happen. The best that can happen is they get experience, they improve their timing with Ben, they make some big plays and they add youth to the team in general.

I'm fine with them playing, but there are worse things that happen when inexperienced receivers play football than just dropping passes.

Pappy

They can't get experience unless they see some PT. We need to integrate them now, if we have any hope of developing talent while Ben is viable as a franchise QB.