PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts 2010 Week 10 – Patriots

redundantman
11-15-2010, 10:58 AM
As the injuries mount the thing that becomes abundantly clear is that these Steelers do not have the depth they have had in years past. Injuries = bad. Lack of depth=bad. Injuries + lack of depth = (be thankful the Steelers are 6-3) X 10

2. The Texans are the Charlie Browns of the NFL.
http://images1.memegenerator.net/The-Most-Interesting-Man-in-the-World/ImageMacro/3649173/I-dont-always-have-a-1537-QB-rating-But-when-I-do-its-against-the-Texans.jpg

3. Pre-game Conventional wisdom: the Patriots can’t stop the run … the Steelers oline is decimated. The Steelers play zone against the pass and seem committed to “pressuring” the QB with a four man rush. Brady will chew them up.

4. Faith Hill is an idiot. Words cannot express the depth of my disdain for that idiotic SNF theme song. “I Hate Myself for Loving You” – the sequel!

5. I’ll bet Beavis mocks the sheer magnitude of Ike Taylor’s forehead.

6. On the 2nd Steelers’ drive it was 4th and 437 … It was all Sepulveda could do to kick the ball past the first down line on the field.

7. Downtown was lit-up! I wonder if the Pittsburgh Chamber of Commerce issues requests to keep the lights on when SNF or MNF comes to town.

8. Ok, 1str Pats drive results in a TD … 2nd results in a fieldgoal … 3rd results in a stop at the Steelers 40 … maybe the Steelers are getting better?! …

9. Lord Brady looked mad after that failed late 1st half drive for the Pats. He displayed emotion. He demanded performance. This is called “leadership”.
http://4thehype.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/peyton_manning_tom_brady-4173.jpg
I wish I could quit you …

10. Dropped passes. 2 drops in the endzone net the Steelers 3 points in the first half. Ben is not throwing the ball well. And when it gets to the receivers they can’t make the grab.

11. The Steelers defense didn’t stop the Pats offense as often as penalties did. If it wasn’t for penalties I don’t know if the Steelers would have been able to get off the field.

12. Al Michaels was right … Green-Ellis gave Brady the hardest hit he saw all night. I have an awesome defensive game plan: let’s “rush” 3 or 4 people and drop 40 into coverage! There’s no way a scrub like Tom Brady will be able to pick apart a crappy zone defense if he has 20 seconds every play to make a throw.

13. Apparently Gronkowski is a world-beater, all-pro tight-end.

14. Ahhh … the sweet sound of boos raining down ...
http://media.commercialappeal.com/media/img/photos/2009/11/01/2c4c_t607.jpeg
It’s like Brett’s “bat signal”.

15. After the boos started it seemed like the defense came out with a sense of urgency and had the Pats at 4th and 23. I thought the Steelers were poised to take the game over.

16. A 38 yard PI penalty for Wallace gets the Steelers 1st and goal at the Pats’ 7. After Reed pushes the field goal attempt the Steelers net no points. Game over. 3:40 left in the 3rd.

17. Pats drive and score a TD on a QB sneak. Made it look easy. Brady spikes the ball in defiance of the Heinz Field crowd.

18. Juxtapose that with Manny Sanders’ TD that immediately followed. Even with the Steelers getting their butts handed to them for the entire game Manny feels compelled to dance in celebration of his offense’s ineptitude.

19. Before the snap I literally thought “Ben will throw a pick 6 here”. And then Ben threw a pick 6. Unfortunately further experimentation with these new-found powers of mine netted no safes falling on Bill Belichick or freight trains running over Tom Brady.
http://www.secsportsfan.com/images/bill_belichick.jpg

20. 5:23 left in the game; I went home. If the Steelers are going to play this lousy the least they can do is schedule it for an afternoon game when they don’t keep me up late watching them stink.

21. The perspective on this game was that the Steelers lost to a much better team. They lost to the Patriots, the Ravens and the Saints. There is no great shame in that but it does indicate something that we as football fans would be fools to ignore: this team is good but it is not good enough. This team appears incapable of taking a game. Plays, calls and balls must all bounce their way. When they don’t the Steelers have trouble. However I believe the Steelers have not played their best football yet so there is hope. And they tend to play better when they slip below everyone’s radar. Well this game should begin the slide. I wonder how they will respond.

StarSpangledSteeler
11-15-2010, 01:49 PM
That Faith Hill song is ridiculously stupid. They should just show her with her shirt off in between highlights... Oh wait, she's 40...

Dropping the TD passes is what really killed us.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-15-2010, 02:02 PM
That Faith Hill song is ridiculously stupid. They should just show her with her shirt off in between highlights... Oh wait, she's 40...

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/mercury-cougar/images/mercury-cougar-1a.jpg

NW Steeler
11-15-2010, 02:07 PM
9. Lord Brady looked mad after that failed late 1st half drive for the Pats. He displayed emotion. He demanded performance. This is called “leadership”.

Although I wanted to reach in the screen and bitch slap that Justin Bieber wanna be, I wished that Ben, Tomlin...somebody would just completely go batsh!t crazy on the sidelines and light a fire under this teams ass. They looked lethargic and disinterested for the most part last night.

NW Steeler
11-15-2010, 02:08 PM

http://www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/mercury-cougar/images/mercury-cougar-1a.jpg

Nice, I had a car just like that in high school. '67 Cougar. Sweet ass car, actually.

Blitz-en
11-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Was looking for a place to express my frustrations from that game. Redundantman, I hope you don't mind me adding a few of my own to your always 'on-point' list.

-Didn't this game look like the last 6 the Steelers lost to the Patriots? Brady throws 30-35 passes, 90% of which are less than 10 yards to wide open receivers. Steelers make no defensive adjustments. Pats blow out Steelers at home.
-What possesses a man to call a fade pattern from the 5 yard line to Randle El, or anyone that even resembles Randle El????? Sad thing is, if he has any body control whatsoever it woulda been a TD.
-Anyone want to bet "no fine on Pats for helmet-to-helmet on Hines, but atleast 1 fine if not 2 for Harrison for being held into Brady's knees or Woodley finally taking a shot, one step late on Lord Brady"???
-Seriously, could Gay compete at a college level at this point?
-The obvious, Brown deserves chance in place of El. Will we see that, Hell NO!
-Doing the math.....Rush 3, that leaves 8 in coverage which = 0 people covering Welker or RB out of backfield. But, I'm sure glad Tate and Branch didn't kill us!
-No need bringing pressure with LB's, Brady was throwing too quickly for blitz to effect him. I guess he was just too excited looking at 3 wide open receivers within 10 yards of him with room to run after the catch.
-Really, did we waste a few million on Reed and another million on El??
-Did the SNF crew really slow down a play and show how Scott marginally held the rushing LBer of the Pats? :HeadBanger

Thanks for letting me rant!

Crash
11-15-2010, 05:08 PM
I have an awesome defensive game plan: let’s “rush” 3 or 4 people and drop 40 into coverage!

I'm sorry, but as pissed as we all are that line is hilarious.

Crash
11-15-2010, 05:24 PM
As I've stated before, Randle El makes $2.3 mil.

TO makes $2 mil.

ikestops85
11-15-2010, 06:11 PM
As I've stated before, Randle El makes $2.3 mil.

TO makes $2 mil.

In hindsight it's hard to argue with you. TO certainly would have been a better pickup than ARE. I think the Steelers try and stay away from the big ego types if they can help it. Ones they draft they are stuck with but signing them as FAs they don't do.

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 07:25 PM

Although I wanted to reach in the screen and bitch slap that Justin Bieber wanna be, I wished that Ben, Tomlin...somebody would just completely go batsh!t crazy on the sidelines and light a fire under this teams bad word. They looked lethargic and disinterested for the most part last night.

I thought the same thing... this guy is going ape sh#t because they didn't get 1 more yard on a draw against our run D.

Talk about passion. Billicheat isn't even watching his offense, he is coaching up rookies and scrub journeymen who play like their life depends on winning this game.

and then I look at our players after another 3 and out. Nothing...

some people say screaming doesn't work. I say bullsh#t. Tear into someone's azzz instead of saying a haiku or tag line.