PDA

View Full Version : Overrated?

flippy
11-15-2010, 01:09 AM
We look like we'll be lucky to finish 6-9 this season.

Who do we even blame?

I'm sure as heck not blaming injuries. I expect backups to be just as good as our starters.

I guess we can blame coaching because we were so lost out there. Everyone was out of sync. On every side of the ball. I'm not sure if Lebeau or Arians was worse? Guess since they were both so bad, it's on Tomlin.

I guess we can blame all the players. Some of them look like impostors of NFL players. I'm tired of the Trai Essex experience for one. He's a worse guard than Matt Spaeth is a blocking TE.

This is a futile exercise. I could complain about almost every player. Heck, even Troy was running around like a chicken with his head cut off. It was like he was tuned in to a different game than everyone else.

The mistakes were endless.

I hope we can chalk this up to having a short week to prepare. Or putting together a vanilla game plan to save the real one for our playoff match assuming we get there.

I've gotta believe that. Otherwise, this could be another painful season.

And if we do end up missing the playoffs, should we consider firing the entire coaching staff and starting over?

We are a team in disarray.

But worst of all, we don't seem to have any heart.

Even Collinsworth called us out for giving up and not even trying to win in the end.

Do any of you believe in any of the men on this team?

Uggghhhhh!!!!!!!

Crash
11-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Main things besides injuries.

Lack of WR depth.

Too predictable with play-calling based on formations. Next season (if not now) we need to go 3 wide and Miller as a base offense. Spaeth and Johnson are WORTHLESS.

NO ADJUSTMENTS on defense. If teams just stay patient, and continue to do it, you can 5-6 yard at a time underneath on this defense damn near at will.

Brady does, that's why he's 4-1 against Dick LeBeau's defense since 2004.

flippy
11-15-2010, 01:21 AM
It seems so obvious. Yet we can't seem to adjust at all.

At least we can look forward to unleashing hell.

Djfan
11-15-2010, 01:25 AM

Is the missing game the one we didn't play in tonight?

flippy
11-15-2010, 01:30 AM

That's when the Gods smile down on me and lockout the players before the end of the season ;)

BradshawsHairdresser
11-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Main things besides injuries.

Lack of WR depth.

Too predictable with play-calling based on formations. Next season (if not now) we need to go 3 wide and Miller as a base offense. Spaeth and Johnson are WORTHLESS.

NO ADJUSTMENTS on defense. If teams just stay patient, and continue to do it, you can 5-6 yard at a time underneath on this defense damn near at will.

Brady does, that's why he's 4-1 against bad word LeBeau's defense since 2004.

If we can see these problems, why can't the Steelers seem to? I can't help thinking about that quote from BA before the game...when asked what he would do because of the injuries to the OL, he said, "We change NOTHING." Well, obviously. And that philosophy sure worked great, didn't it Brucie?

Sad to say, BA's quote could pretty much serve as the motto for the whole team this season--"We change NOTHING."

Dang, I'm disgusted.

Djfan
11-15-2010, 01:34 AM

That's when the Gods smile down on me and lockout the players before the end of the season ;)

Whoever that god is, I might worship him (her?) for a while, just to get that.

Nahh.

NJ-STEELER
11-15-2010, 01:36 AM
the back ups are not as good as the starters

and the starters aren't above average NFL players

ANPSTEEL
11-15-2010, 01:39 AM
i put this in another thread... maybe on another board..

if the steelers don't make adustments on defense... beiber will chew them up.

we give up short passes all day long. that is all their offense is.... period.