No pass rush
Offensive line injuries
Defensive line injuries
Dick LeBeau can't adjust
BA has no clue
Jeff Reed suddenly sucks as a FG kicker
Troy Polamalu has been invisible since week 2
Ben Roethlisberger can't seem to get untracked

Yes, a lot of this is venting after such a putrid loss, but these are very real concerns moving forward. I say we will be lucky to get 10 wins this season. That may not be enought to make the post season. We just suck right now.

AngryAsian
11-15-2010, 12:57 AM
The sticks are moving quite effectively now that Ben's running the no-huddle... wonder when this will become a permanent part of the offense?

ANPSTEEL
11-15-2010, 01:06 AM
No pass coverage
No pass rush
Offensive line injuries
Defensive line injuries
bad word LeBeau can't adjust
BA has no clue

Yes, a lot of this is venting after such a putrid loss, but these are very real concerns moving forward. I say we will be lucky to get 10 wins this season. That may not be enought to make the post season. We just suck right now.
+1

grotonsteel
11-15-2010, 01:07 AM
No pass coverage
No pass rush
Offensive line injuries
Defensive line injuries
BA has no clue

+1

+1

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 01:10 AM
The sticks are moving quite effectively now that Ben's running the no-huddle... wonder when this will become a permanent part of the offense?
Doesn't matter. WR's are azzz. They have to make plays early. We player horrible and still had a few chances to make a game of it.

I know everyone wants the youngsters to play but we keep
seeing young mistakes from them. This is a very bad 6-3 team right now.

I'm not saying we stink but it's getting real old watching us win ugly and lose uglier.

flippy
11-15-2010, 01:14 AM
When everything is so bad, Mike Tomlin has to be accountable.

How about we hire Gruden?

flippy
11-15-2010, 01:14 AM
When everything is so bad, Mike Tomlin has to be accountable.

How about we hire Gruden?

Djfan
11-15-2010, 01:28 AM

When BA realizes that it is better to play your best ball up front.

Or never while BA is here.

Crash
11-15-2010, 02:05 AM
BA is doing what he was told.

Run the ball.

Yoi.

Hmm Ha!

papillon
11-15-2010, 07:20 AM
No pass coverage
No pass rush
Offensive line injuries
Defensive line injuries
BA has no clue

+1

+1

-2, that's puts us back at a zero sum game. The season didn't end tonight, the Steelers got beat by a team that owns them, this is not new and neither is the fashion in which they lost. The good news is that there is another game this Sunday and the Steelers get a chance to try and fix what's broken.

It was an ugly loss; however, I thought Ben actually played well except for the first couple drives. The young receivers are learning and hopefully, they learn quickly. Except for the missed hot read in the end zone Sanders looked good and Wallace caught deep ones and made some nice intermediate catches, he's going to be the go to guy very soon.

I typically defend BA, but this week was bad, bad, bad I really believed that the first couple series last night would be all Ben, all the time particularly after Brady marched them down the field for a TD, but it was not to be.

Bad night, few shining moments, but it's better than not being able to watch Steeler football.

Pappy

Oviedo
11-15-2010, 08:54 AM

When BA realizes that it is better to play your best ball up front.

Or never while BA is here.

LeBeau can go with him too. He is so in love with his creation he is incapable of making the necessary changes to improve it. I guess it is true that no one thinks their baby is ugly!!!!

DukieBoy
11-15-2010, 08:56 AM
Disappointing start on offense, in the extreme.

Didn't see any 3rd-and-longs or 3-and-outs by the Pats. On 1st Downs, the Pats took what the Steelers were willing to give, and had so many 2nd and shorts that they hardly needed a 3rd down play last night. Brady was masterful, their strategies were spot-on, and their team executed well - each and every player. Hard to not admire that, except ...

Our difficulty with the Brady and Brees type of QB (not the Mannings and Rivers QB's) is our achilles. If we don't fix it, we'll turn Sanchez and McCoy into Brady and Brees.

Ghost
11-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Unless there are changes coming the Steelers are in big trouble come playoff time, or anytime they face a good QB. Teams are not even trying to run the ball or disguise the fact they plan to throw non-stop. Line up and throw it 40 times (Brees - 44 attempts, Brady - 43 attempts).

In a game filled with frustration; I think the most frustrating was watching Brady sit back with all the time in the world all night vs. Ben having Patriots in his face immediately on almost every throw.

Eich
11-15-2010, 09:20 AM
I hope this isn't the point in the season where we unleash hell...

ANPSTEEL
11-15-2010, 09:32 AM
I hope this isn't the point in the season where we unleash hell...

oh but it is. Raiders are next.

We can only hope Cable doesn't start Gradkowski next sunday.

double yoi.

ANPSTEEL
11-15-2010, 09:40 AM
No pass coverage
No pass rush
Offensive line injuries
Defensive line injuries
BA has no clue

+1

+1

-2, that's puts us back at a zero sum game. The season didn't end tonight, the Steelers got beat by a team that owns them, this is not new and neither is the fashion in which they lost. The good news is that there is another game this Sunday and the Steelers get a chance to try and fix what's broken.

It was an ugly loss; however, I thought Ben actually played well except for the first couple drives. The young receivers are learning and hopefully, they learn quickly. Except for the missed hot read in the end zone Sanders looked good and Wallace caught deep ones and made some nice intermediate catches, he's going to be the go to guy very soon.

I typically defend BA, but this week was bad, bad, bad I really believed that the first couple series last night would be all Ben, all the time particularly after Brady marched them down the field for a TD, but it was not to be.

Bad night, few shining moments, but it's better than not being able to watch Steeler football.

Pappy

Pap- i absolutely appreciate the voice of reason, and in normal circumstances would take your side.

but

what we witnessed last night, was failure on epic proportions.

A team with less overall talent absolutely schooled the Steelers- who despite every ounce of evidence that the "same old" does not work against the Patriots... trotted out the "same old" once again; further illustrating a complete lack of imagination or willingness to change.

You know when the Steelers have beaten the Patriots in recent history?

04 when they blitzed Brady all game, and forced him to make mistakes.

08 when the blitzed Cassel all game, and forced him to make mistakes.

You know how the Giants beat the Patriots in the SB?
The pressured Brady all game, and forced him to make mistakes.

What the eff did they do last night???

Dropped into coverage, giving Brady all night to shred the Steelers extraordinarily weak secondary. Giving Brady time does not work. period. it only makes a crappy secondary that much crappier.

:HeadBanger :HeadBanger

end rant.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-15-2010, 09:41 AM
I saw more crossing patterns tonight than I think I saw the previous 3 games combined....Good start.

I think it may be time to sit a ST player in favor of A Brown. He would really add something to the WR talent that could be on the field. I love EL but he just doesn't seem like he gives favorable matchups to attack.

No excuses...But the OL needs to get some time together on the left. Kemo being out hurts even more. We need Scott and Kemo working together. I saw 4 pressures/ 2 sacks that were direct results of Foster & Pouncey not working together. They ran a twist and Pouncey picked it up. Foster was late and his guy came free.

Someone please tell me why I don't see why Essex is our best option at RG. I hope C Scott gets up to speed and challanges Essex because it is obvious they like Essex over Legursky. Don't know why. For the amount of good plays he gives you in the run game, he cancels it out in pass pro.

Put alot on BB this game. He was off early and often in this game. Pile on the list of reasons why it was...But he wasn't good when the game was in reach.

Defense was WAY TO PASSIVE. Come on DL...Brady, Manning, & Brees can beat 7-8 coverage. I can't say anymore...His game plan really had me pi$$Ed.

Note to Bruce: Good extra credit for ya. Sit in the defensive films for the Pats game. Take notice how the Pats offense attacked sideline to sideline & shallow to deep. They don't run trips/bunch and have all three patterns run outside the hashes leaving no options in the middle of the field between the hashes 20 yards deep. I said before, BA ran more intermediate crossing routes than I had seen since BB returned, but some of his play designs still have "Brilliant" written all over them.

That all being said, don't push the panic just yet. This game had T-R-O-U-B-L-E written all over it. Short week off Monday night on the road with all the injuries is tough. This next game will be a bigger gauge. See how they respond.

And pray the Timmons injury isn't significant!

Tomlinator
11-15-2010, 10:01 AM
Typical frustrating game against the Pats*. It sems Belicheat and Marsha have our number, but we sure as hell didn't do ourselves any favors.

I detest Marsha and his whiny barking everytime they come off the fiekd without scoring. It was inexcusable to let him walk off the field in a clean uniform. DL dialed up no pressure last night. He's been around long enough that he should know how to counter the dink & dunk attack. Belicheat sure knows how to gameplan our D.

And apparently this is how Arians identifies and exploits another teams weakness in stopping the run - watch film, ignore what you see, and run whatever else.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel. Even good teams have a stinker game ort wo per year. We still can play good football. But we had a chance to control some things come playoff time with a win and we blew it at home.

Oviedo
11-15-2010, 10:07 AM
And apparently this is how Arians identifies and exploits another teams weakness in stopping the run - watch film, ignore what you see, and run whatever else.

Sorta of what LeBeau does for the defense.

Did anyone not know the Pats gameplan coming in. Max protect and dink and dunk. Apparently LeBeau didn't get the memo.

ANPSTEEL
11-15-2010, 10:20 AM

Did anyone not know the Pats gameplan coming in. Max protect and dink and dunk. Apparently LeBeau didn't get the memo.

That is what is the most frustrating. How in the world did the coaching staff not know that was going to happen???

Maybe they are holding the "good stuff" until the playoffs? :roll:

you know, fool the pats into a false sense of security- so that we can surprise them in the playoffs.

AngryAsian
11-15-2010, 10:32 AM

O, your constant redirect of peoples antagonistic opinions about our highly criticized OC is beyond ridiculous. I said it before in another thread... the most effective game plan to negate an obviously effective offense is to keep them off the field. That means our offense has to actually sustain a drive and chew up clock... whether through the air or on the ground. Did LeBeau fail with his soft zone, absolutely... but that doesn't impact how many three and outs we had last night when it was our turn on offense.

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 10:39 AM

O, your constant redirect of peoples antagonistic opinions about our highly criticized OC is beyond ridiculous. I said it before in another thread... the most effective game plan to negate an obviously effective offense is to keep them off the field. That means our offense has to actually sustain a drive and chew up clock... whether through the air or on the ground. Did LeBeau fail with his soft zone, absolutely... but that doesn't impact how many three and outs we had last night when it was our turn on offense.

no matter how long our drives were the Pats were marching right down the field on us. It was disgusting to watch.

Same old game just a different coach and a different year.

I agree.. the O stunk last night but it didn't matter. Our D stinks against the pass.

AngryAsian
11-15-2010, 10:46 AM

no matter how long our drives were the Pats were marching right down the field on us. It was disgusting to watch.

Same old game just a different coach and a different year.

I agree.. the O stunk last night but it didn't matter. Our D stinks against the pass.

For sure! Why we couldn't play tighter or play more man is too against the grain for LeBeau's scheme. Whatever the case we need to fix it or our boys better pack it for this season.

BURGH86STEEL
11-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Talk about overreacting after one loss to a good Pats team.

ikestops85
11-15-2010, 12:25 PM

+1

Go back 2 years after the Philly game and remember how this board was melting down about how bad we were? Bad enough to win #6.

I browsed the Pats board last week and they were in meltdown mode also. Their defense was crap and Brady was losing it.

We have a damn good team ... write it down!!

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 12:33 PM

It's not over reacting. People are pissed off because once again Brady comes into our house and bitch slaps us with the same game plan we witnessed before.

EVERYONE knew what was going to happen...

we will move on in a day or 2 but dude... after last night you have to let guys vent.

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 12:38 PM

+1

Go back 2 years after the Philly game and remember how this board was melting down about how bad we were? Bad enough to win #6.

I browsed the Pats board last week and they were in meltdown mode also. Their defense was crap and Brady was losing it.

We have a damn good team ... write it down!!

The Pats aren't THAT good. That is the problem... every time we lose or barely win the team we play is called good. Pats aren't good IMO... they are good against us and well coached but we shouldn't look like that against them at home.

Hopefully we learn from it but it sure seems like we aren't learning from anything that happens or has happened lately.

and we were beat up by them too. That is the worst thing IMO. Pats aren't intimidated by us and it's obvious we have too many players who are scared of this team. It's obvious this is one team we are afraid of when Brady is in the game.

Sugar
11-15-2010, 01:11 PM
I'm just in shock that they were able to hang 39 points on our D. If someone had told me before the game that the O would score 26, I'd have been happy.

Oviedo
11-15-2010, 01:24 PM
I'm just in shock that they were able to hang 39 points on our D. If someone had told me before the game that the O would score 26, I'd have been happy.

You wouldn't be surprised when you realize how over-hyped our defense really is because of LeBeau's "genius."

The flaws became clear in the Super Bowl against the Cardinals and last season but nothing has been changed. This is a long term problem not a this year or this game problem.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Don't let the scoreboard or stats fool you. The Pats were a good 4 TDS better than the Steelers. They were not in the same league for 3 quarters. The "stink" score was a 28-0 and that is being nice. The only nice things I have to say about what took place on the field last night was Pouncey gives 110% every play and the lights never went out.

Flasteel
11-15-2010, 08:00 PM

It's not over reacting. People are pissed off because once again Brady comes into our house and bitch slaps us with the same game plan we witnessed before.

EVERYONE knew what was going to happen...

we will move on in a day or 2 but dude... after last night you have to let guys vent.

Thank you Dizz. For all of you guys who feel the need to be the voice of "reason", or possess some kind of big-picture thinking that escapes the rest of us, just shut it.

I qualified the post by stating there is a little venting involved; no matter how calm you want to be, there are some serious issues with this team. I didn't see a single post where anyone was claiming the season is over or even made an implication that success is beyond our reach. I'm not sure where the overreaction is.

We're pointing out some problems that don't make us very happy. If you don't have an issue with the problems I delineated, or even if you disagree with them, that's your prerogative. Don't try to come in here and act like the rest of us don't have a right to be upset and voice our displeasure.

Go start your own thread where everything is friggin' sunshine and rainbows. :tt2