PDA

View Full Version : Our Pass D STINKS.

feltdizz
11-14-2010, 11:30 PM
phuck the track record... I've seen NE do this 6 or 7 times against us. 10 yard outs and Welker and the RB's underneath.

Is it really that hard? We will no make the playoffs this year if we don't fix this.

Every team will dink and dunk us for now on.

frankthetank1
11-14-2010, 11:32 PM
i dont know why teams dont dink and dunk on this defense all the time. bellycheat is smart, they hardly ever run against the steelers and spread out the defense. the game plan always wins against this defense

BradshawsHairdresser
11-14-2010, 11:58 PM
The offense is doing their share of stinking, too.

drprwnap
11-15-2010, 12:00 AM
phuck the track record... I've seen NE do this 6 or 7 times against us. 10 yard outs and Welker and the RB's underneath.

Is it really that hard? We will no make the playoffs this year if we don't fix this.

I said it last week but everyone seem to think our D played good :wft :wft :wft

SteelTorch
11-15-2010, 12:20 AM

Right. Good thing our offense is playing so well! Oh wait....

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 12:24 AM

There are threads to bash the O. This one is for the pass D. Please stay on topic. :Cheers

SteelTorch
11-15-2010, 12:25 AM

There are threads to bash the O. This one is for the pass D. Please stay on topic. :Cheers
Right. Because God knows you NEVER try to shift attention from the O by focusing on the D. :wink:

Mel Blount's G
11-15-2010, 12:34 AM
i dont know why teams dont dink and dunk on this defense all the time. bellycheat is smart, they hardly ever run against the steelers and spread out the defense. the game plan always wins against this defense
Yup. Cheater coach outcoaches us almost every time. He has studied lebeau's bend but don't break philosophy and picks it apart. Also, I don't know how many times over the years I\ve seen Brady look off our safeties with the poker face, suck our safeties up and then throw right over top of them. Every time

Djfan
11-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Good coaching adjusts for the other team. We didn't.

birtikidis
11-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Good coaching adjusts for the other team. We didn't.
our coaches figure that when something works against a team one week that you should shy away from it because they were just saving up their energy to stop it the next week.

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 12:40 AM

Right. Because God knows you NEVER try to shift attention from the O by focusing on the D. :wink:

that can and will be done in other threads that bash the O. However I just watched Brady throw another open TD pass to a TE. You can ignore it if you like but our D was torched. Pun intended.

SteelTorch
11-15-2010, 12:46 AM
that can and will be done in other threads that bash the O. However I just watched Brady throw another open TD pass to a TE. You can ignore it if you like but our D was torched. Pun intended.
Sure our D was out-played. I'm just pointing out your tendency to shift blame to the defense when you can't figure out anything good to say about the offense.

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 12:55 AM
Sure our D was out-played. I'm just pointing out your tendency to shift blame to the defense when you can't figure out anything good to say about the offense.
The O stunk... but this thread is about the pass D. If you can't handle the D getting bashed go to a thread where they are bashing the O. You will see me there too.

Brady had at least 3 drives where he was perfect, no incompletions and our DB's were 10 yards from TE's.

Why are you in this thread if you can't handle the D being bashed after being gashed.

AngryAsian
11-15-2010, 01:06 AM
The O stunk... but this thread is about the pass D. If you can't handle the D getting bashed go to a thread where they are bashing the O. You will see me there too.

Brady had at least 3 drives where he was perfect, no incompletions and our DB's were 10 yards from TE's.

Why are you in this thread if you can't handle the D being bashed after being gashed.

The coaches need to adjust... ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. As for secondary, they just played extremely out of sync. I think LeBeau having had history game planning for this offense should of not played such a soft zone. We just couldn't keep up with the Dink and Dunk of Brady... but the most effective way to deal with a high powered offense? Make sure they see as little of the field as possible... that's where the offense failed miserably... this was a collective team embarrassment.

flippy
11-15-2010, 01:10 AM
Our everything sucks.

fordfixer
11-15-2010, 01:31 AM
Our everything sucks.
true

Djfan
11-15-2010, 01:51 AM
Our everything sucks.
true

Wasn't that a song by Boy George?

fordfixer
11-15-2010, 01:54 AM
Our everything sucks.
true

Wasn't that a song by Boy George?
Your the DJ you tell us :lol:

Crash
11-15-2010, 02:27 AM
The O was without two starting linemen and a starting WR.

Tom Brady has owned LeBeau's Steelers defense for YEARS!

The sad part? NOTHING has changed. It's the same crap every time we play him.

papillon
11-15-2010, 07:30 AM
The lack of pressure on Brady got me thinking about the Steelers defense a bit. Here's my question and my take on it: How hard is it to game plan for the Steeler blitz packages and rush schemes?

There are 11 players on defense, the O-coordinator can eliminate Clark, because he very rarely blitzes.

The OC can effectively eliminate Troy, he doesn't do it as much and when he does he's rarely effective (I know he's made a few big plays on the blitz, but overall.).

Mcfadden and Taylor rarely run the corner fire, Taylor is better than Mcfadden, but it doesn't happen enough for which to game plan.

Gay blitzes 2 or 3 times a game and is the best corner at blitzing in my opinion and is effective so, you watch film and tendencies and try to limit the damage he does.

Eason, Hampton and Hood simply aren't moving the pocket and basically can blocked with one lineman.

That leaves the backers, the guys that do the damage, Woodley and Harrison basically come from the outside and the Steelers are hoping to win a one-on-one match-up with a superior athlete.

Timmons doesn't blitz often and that leaves Farrior who is effective at pressuring the quarterback, but doesn't get him on the ground all that often.

In summary create an offense to neutralize to outside rushers (2 - tight end sets that we saw last night), ensure your backs account for Gay and Farrior and you protect your quarterback long enough to get the ball out of his hand.

If your quarterback is Tom Brady it makes it that much easier.

If the Steelers can't win a one-on-one match-up to put pressure on the quarterback they look pedestrian, the scheme isn't saving them, IMO.

Pappy

Oviedo
11-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Some of you are violating the unwritten rules:

1. Don't criticize the defense
2. Don't criticize LeBeau
3. Don't suggest during the off season that we need to do a critical assessment of our defense; just wait for Aaron and Troy to get healthy and have suggestions that we have defensive issues summarily dismissed like being a lunatic suggesting we at least consider changing the defense.
4. Blame Arians and the offense.

Why are any of you surprised this happened. It was the second half of the Saints game all over again. It was the 4th Quarter of the Bumgals game all over again. No adjustments. No plan.

I've said it over and over for over a year now. Our 3-4 defense has been figured out. We can exploit poor and mediocre teams and pad our stats but we can't with teams that have good QBs. They don't make the mistakes that LeBeau relies upon as they dink and dunk us all the way down the field.

Anyone have any faith that anything will change in the upcoming weeks. Like rushing 4 men when you can't get within 5 feet of the QB. That is a novel concept. Scoff and poo poo the suggestions all you want but we need to reassess our defensive scheme in the off season but more of that starting in January.

Oviedo
11-15-2010, 08:47 AM
The lack of pressure on Brady got me thinking about the Steelers defense a bit. Here's my question and my take on it: How hard is it to game plan for the Steeler blitz packages and rush schemes?

There are 11 players on defense, the O-coordinator can eliminate Clark, because he very rarely blitzes.

The OC can effectively eliminate Troy, he doesn't do it as much and when he does he's rarely effective (I know he's made a few big plays on the blitz, but overall.).

Mcfadden and Taylor rarely run the corner fire, Taylor is better than Mcfadden, but it doesn't happen enough for which to game plan.

Gay blitzes 2 or 3 times a game and is the best corner at blitzing in my opinion and is effective so, you watch film and tendencies and try to limit the damage he does.

Eason, Hampton and Hood simply aren't moving the pocket and basically can blocked with one lineman.

That leaves the backers, the guys that do the damage, Woodley and Harrison basically come from the outside and the Steelers are hoping to win a one-on-one match-up with a superior athlete.

Timmons doesn't blitz often and that leaves Farrior who is effective at pressuring the quarterback, but doesn't get him on the ground all that often.

In summary create an offense to neutralize to outside rushers (2 - tight end sets that we saw last night), ensure your backs account for Gay and Farrior and you protect your quarterback long enough to get the ball out of his hand.

If your quarterback is Tom Brady it makes it that much easier.

If the Steelers can't win a one-on-one match-up to put pressure on the quarterback they look pedestrian, the scheme isn't saving them, IMO.

Pappy

You're right. Like I have been saying just max protest and pick us apart. No adjustments, just trust the system. Sorry, I haven't trusted it for about a year now.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-15-2010, 11:33 AM
Last season, most on this board were insisting that, if we just got Troy back, our defense would be fixed. I was roundly criticized for disagreeing with that.

There are a few defensive positions where we could use some upgrades...but it's more than just the players. I know in some quarters it's heresy to question our HOF D-coordinator, but it's painfully obvious to me that some changes need to be made concerning schemes, game-planning, and adjustments.

I can't help but thinking that with better coaching, we could have the top record in the AFC right now.