PDA

View Full Version : Halftime Rant

BradshawsHairdresser
11-14-2010, 11:14 PM
New England--2 helmet-to-helmet hits, 0 penalties.

I can't believe how lackluster the Steelers have looked. Looks like they did zero in the way of preparation for this game. Pathetic. Tomlin ought to give up a game check.

LeBeau--you know how New England has beaten us over the past few years...and yet you let them just go out do it again? I guess it was too much to expect some kind of adjustments for Brady and Co.

Ben has been playing worse every game. Maybe he ought to move in with that personal trainer guy that he had during his suspension.

What is Antwaan Randle El still doing on this team?

I'm hoping for a second-half resuscitation, but I'm not holding my breath. This team is looking more and more like last season's version.

CanadianSteel
11-14-2010, 11:30 PM
For the first time that i can remember, i'm turning the game off and going to bed. I could find more heart on a high school field.

And WTF is Gay still doing on this team? Thanks ARE for the big time plays as well. Nice to see you step up when 86 goes out.

I'm done, can't watch this crap anymore.

As always for better or worst.............. :tt2 :tt2 :tt2 :tt2

pick6
11-14-2010, 11:37 PM
and we dont cover the flat. ive noticed this all year but cheat is exploiting it. no effort. and this scumbag brady is getting pumped on our field... this is humiliation.... at home. i dont see any pride, something is going on right now. Patriots defense has many holes and we are not attacking them ben is still holding onto the ball. if we pass quickly or do crossing routes they cant stop it.

pick6
11-14-2010, 11:38 PM
f this im not giving up. we're coming back

CanadianSteel
11-14-2010, 11:54 PM
still watching lol

But after the Reed FG miss and that brady bomb i'm wishing i did go to bed.

Djfan
11-15-2010, 02:08 AM
I quit watching after dippy missed that field goal. My grandma could have made it.

Too bad our offense put us in the position to have to kick.

This was an embarrassment of the highest order.

Today on ESPN I heard one guy (don't know who it was) predict that the Stains will win the division. I laughed. Now I think he was let in on some inside info that I didn't think existed until tonight.

Crash
11-15-2010, 02:21 AM
We are still too pre-occupied with running the ball. Hell if anything the fact that Ben basically had to throw almost every down in the second half was a good thing. Got him some reps (with Sanders) and maybe he can work off that next week.

We also, as an offense don't believe in "two downs". If we get 2nd and 10? We are trying for 10 yards on second down. Nothing wrong with 5 and 5, or 6 then 4, etc.

Quick passing is key, and we don't do it.

Oviedo
11-15-2010, 09:06 AM
New England--2 helmet-to-helmet hits, 0 penalties.

I can't believe how lackluster the Steelers have looked. Looks like they did zero in the way of preparation for this game. Pathetic. Tomlin ought to give up a game check.

LeBeau--you know how New England has beaten us over the past few years...and yet you let them just go out do it again? I guess it was too much to expect some kind of adjustments for Brady and Co.

Ben has been playing worse every game. Maybe he ought to move in with that personal trainer guy that he had during his suspension.

What is Antwaan Randle El still doing on this team?

I'm hoping for a second-half resuscitation, but I'm not holding my breath. This team is looking more and more like last season's version.

Agree with it all. Expected to lose this game. Season is not over but LeBeau and ARE may be.

Eich
11-15-2010, 09:13 AM

Some of the fault for that falls on Ben's shoulders. He'd rather buy time and look downfield for the kill than to take the quick, short passes.

ramblinjim
11-15-2010, 09:19 AM
The Patriots have had the script on how to beat us for six years. The fact that EVERYONE can't follow it by now kind of surprises me. Three step drop, quick slant, seven yards at a time, couple of runs to keep the front three honest, the occasional bomb.

The Patriots don't just beat us, they humiliate us. 39 points? Come on.

I wish the Steelers had the wherewithal to close out games like this to. 23-3 at the end of 3 and the Pat's kept pouring it on. I hate the Patriots, Tom Brady and all their ilk. But our staff and our players need to take a page from them on how you win games,beat good teams and not let up at the end.

Steelers>NFL
11-15-2010, 09:54 AM

Some of the fault for that falls on Ben's shoulders. He'd rather buy time and look downfield for the kill than to take the quick, short passes.

And we all know Ben can do whatever he feels like doing. On or off the field.

papillon
11-15-2010, 10:05 AM
Everyone needs to take a step back relax a bit. The reason every other team in the league doesn't do this to the Steelers is because every other team in the league does not have Tom Brady running their offense. He is the most patient quarterback I've ever watched play. If you give him the 5 yard wheels, outs and RBs in the flat he'll take them until you bleed like a stuck pig and then hit you deep on the post. He's hit more max protect deep post patterns than any quarterback that has played the game.

A great quarterback with patience will kill the Steelers every time.

Pappy

Oviedo
11-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Everyone needs to take a step back relax a bit. The reason every other team in the league doesn't do this to the Steelers is because every other team in the league does not have Tom Brady running their offense. He is the most patient quarterback I've ever watched play. If you give him the 5 yard wheels, outs and RBs in the flat he'll take them until you bleed like a stuck pig and then hit you deep on the post. He's hit more max protect deep post patterns than any quarterback that has played the game.

Pappy

I agree and knowing this it would be nice to think your defensive coordinator would make adjustments to account for this versus just putting the same old defensive template out there and "trusting" something will go your way.

Cleveland used an amoeba defense with everyone standing around not giving away reads and beat the Pats. I saw little to none of that last night.

RKSteel
11-15-2010, 11:30 AM

Pappy
Alway have a level headed response Pappy, but I'm pissed and disgusted like everyone else on this board. If Brady is content with 5yd passes, why don't the Steelers tighten up the coverage? Play man, press the WR at the LOS, and send the house. Disrupt the WR route for a second or two, then Brady can't hit a quick pass. The result could not have be worse than what we watched last night.

BradshawsHairdresser
11-15-2010, 12:02 PM

Pappy

I agree and knowing this it would be nice to think your defensive coordinator would make adjustments to account for this versus just putting the same old defensive template out there and "trusting" something will go your way.

Cleveland used an amoeba defense with everyone standing around not giving away reads and beat the Pats. I saw little to none of that last night.

Heaven forbid we should try something that worked for another defense.

Oviedo
11-15-2010, 12:07 PM

Pappy

Heaven forbid we should try something that worked for another defense.

Sometimes when someone hears themselves being called a "genius" too many times they start to really believe it. Once you believe it you probably aren't a genius.

Like I have said sometimes you are too close to something and can't let it go.

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 12:17 PM
Ovie I think our biggest problem is CB's who just aren't very good. They are 10 yards off the ball and backpedal 10 yards before coming up to make a play. These were TE's too not speedsters.

Crash
11-15-2010, 12:39 PM

Where? To who? When Ben has a dump off he'll take it. But a lot of times on 2nd and 3rd and longs he has no dump off because Miller or the RB are blocking.

His backs caught 7 passes last night. It's not like he won't use them when they are available.

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 12:54 PM

Where? To who? When Ben has a dump off he'll take it. But a lot of times on 2nd and 3rd and longs he has no dump off because Miller or the RB are blocking.

His backs caught 7 passes last night. It's not like he won't use them when they are available.

Ben didn't play well... crash, if you are Ben, you didn't play well.

You had help not looking good but some of your passes were so high and wide it makes me wonder if you stopped practicing again. That last INT for 6 was very bad.

I don't know if you can change a few plays but umm, when there are 50 men in the box please audible. Last but not least, does every play have to run down to :01 on the play clock before you snap it?

You weren't the reason we lost but you had to know most 3rd and longs would have the Pats in zone... please smack BA, or smack the WR's and tell them to run towards you or across the field to help you out.

go get em next game!

Oviedo
11-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Ovie I think our biggest problem is CB's who just aren't very good. They are 10 yards off the ball and backpedal 10 yards before coming up to make a play. These were TE's too not speedsters.

The 10 yards off the ball is a scheme issue. That is how it is designed and they are told to play. They aren't making that up as they go.

Are they great CBs, of course not but they should be allowed to at least jam the receiver at the LOS and disrupt the timing. We did nothing to disrupt the rhythm that Brady was in last night.