PDA

View Full Version : we look absolutely terrible right now

pick6
11-14-2010, 10:31 PM
no intensity, we look like we didn't practice all week. mendy is as soft as drug store cotton. can we stop running on every first. stop thinkimg about stopping the blitz and think about beating it. Ben's passes are way off. execution is horrible right now, i mean my man looks terrible. Mendy couldn't break a tackle if his life depened on it. venting

Mel Blount's G
11-14-2010, 10:44 PM
ARE has a td bounce off his stone hands

Snatch98
11-14-2010, 11:36 PM
Bruce Arians makes me want to drive around town and light swing sets on fire and kick puppies. The guy has no imagination. How often are we going to try and run the ball on first down? right in to the teeth of their damn defense.

pick6
11-14-2010, 11:42 PM
lets go baby

pick6
11-14-2010, 11:43 PM
wallace will be open on every come back route.

frankthetank1
11-14-2010, 11:48 PM
wtf is wrong with jeff reed?

Snatch98
11-14-2010, 11:48 PM
And when is he getting fired? There has to be a kicker we can use on the wire.

pick6
11-14-2010, 11:49 PM
my 7 year old said play action to miller and they send mendy on a spin mission. wow this just in this guy misses a chip shot. if we would have passed on first down we would have scored easy. this is disgusting.

frankthetank1
11-14-2010, 11:51 PM
my 7 year old said play action to miller and they send mendy on a spin mission. wow this just in this guy misses a chip shot. if we would have passed on first down we would have scored easy. this is disgusting.

well passing on second and third didnt work at all. i dont think its the play calling as much as it is the poor execution. sanders didnt even know what route he was running on the third down

Ghost
11-14-2010, 11:57 PM
This is a f@cking disgrace. Receivers who can't catch, a defense that appear to really not care, Brady has time for a picnic lunch everytime he goes to throw, Ben has a second, a terrible running game. and a kicker who should be unemployed as soon as this game is over. He down right sucks at this point.

Failure for the entire team.

pick6
11-14-2010, 11:57 PM
when you run when they think youre running and pass WHEN THEY KNOW ITS COMING that makes it difficult to execute. but yeah execution is terrible.

focosteeler
11-15-2010, 12:07 AM
Phuck ARE...sanders has earned his spot tonight. at least he can catch

pick6
11-15-2010, 12:09 AM
quick pass and catch awesome. TOUCHDOWN. PIECE OF TRASH COLLINSWORTH HATES IT. now its time for my namesake the pick 6. Lets see......... BMAC OR POLY.

birtikidis
11-15-2010, 12:14 AM
brady will eat up a 10 yard cushion all day long too. he's done it to us for years.

pick6
11-15-2010, 12:51 AM
we still have a chance 2 min warning 4th and 3. they might go for it cause they cant make the fg.

pick6
11-15-2010, 12:52 AM
he made it.

pick6
11-15-2010, 12:56 AM
wow ben you take a sack right there. seriously.

JAR
10-17-2011, 08:51 AM
Just thought I'd bump this up from last year to show the board how the chicken littles do this every year. I'm not going back to 2008 and 2005 though, that's too much digging. But I guarantee there are several of the same type of posts.

Every year, we're done, we stink, it's over...

feltdizz
10-17-2011, 09:43 AM
At least we know it's execution more than play calling :stirpot

AngryAsian
10-17-2011, 10:01 AM
I guess this chicken little is a little more concerned with the increased level of competition in both the AFC and the NFC's playoff bound teams. Highlighting points of concern and having rational discussions about them is proper form for this type of board. If anyone out their thinks that teams like Detroit, Green Bay, New Orleans are not far superior competition than Seattle of 2005 or Arizona of 2008 then I say please pass whatever it is you all are smoking... That's assuming that we even get past the 8 teams currently ahead of us in the AFC.

The point is that IF we don't address the obvious playcalling deficiencies coupled by the poor execution and diminishing pass protection from our depleted OL... Then our aged and exposed D has little chance in saving our season.... And trust me, it was was our D that earned us our most recent Lombardis.
:Boobs

SteelBucks
10-17-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm not worried yet but this team needs to find some sort of identity. Right now we have an offense that doesn't have a running game (minus Mendy's long one), a defense that isn't creating turnovers and a kicker that I have no confidence in. Long time strength's are now weaknesses.

Our measuring stick is coming up in a couple of weeks with the Pats and Ravens coming to town. The Steelers can beat anyone on their schedule but they can't afford another Jags second half performace. That was UGLY.

hawaiiansteel
10-19-2011, 09:47 PM
http://cdn.cloudfiles.mosso.com/c20001/ff-200.gif

The 2011 Steelers look an awful lot like the 2007 Ravens (with a better quarterback)

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2011

http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com/timesonline.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/3/78/378b83a2-b350-5d86-8d77-c2e9d1e25d2c/4e9b6f299cd42.preview-300.jpg

2007 kind of sucked. Steve McNair built on his wonderful 2006 campaign by showing again why he was approximately 65 years old. Kyle Boller played (sorry Oakland - this was typed up on Monday). The defense was shredded so badly by injuries that Willie Gaston started two games. Worst of all, Brian Billick lost control of the team and they crashed and burned to the tune of a 5-11 season.

Now, Pittsburgh isn't on pace for a 5-11 season, but they show ome resemblances to the 2007 Ravens, who also started 4-2. Their elite defense is showing signs of age and struggling with tougher opponents while still thoroughly dispatching the NFL's weaklings.

The offensive line is a train wreck. I even have questions about Mike Tomlin and his ability to respond to adversity, which has shown to be questionable in the past when promises to unleash hell quickly made them into a laughingstock.

The eery part for me, though, is how those first six games turned out. Remember, the Ravens started 4-2, but like Pittsburgh this year, they did it in a far from inspiring fashion. Each team had the following:

- Embarrassing loss on the road to a strong division rival (Steelers lost 35-7 to Ravens, 07 Ravens lost 27-13 to Browns)

- Road loss that was close according to the scoreboard and did in fact come down to the wire, but despite the close loss the team looked horrible (Steelers lost 17-10 to Texans, 07 Ravens lost 27-20 to Bengals)

- Somewhat inspiring home blowout victory against a scrub (Steelers beat Seahawks 24-0, 07 Ravens beat Rams 22-3)

- Home win against a team that may or may not have been good (Steelers beat Titans 38-17, 07 Ravens beat Cardinals 26-23 - this is the only reach in the group, but to be fair, the Ravens dominated at first and coasted big time)

- Home win where the team appeared to look good, but nearly choked away a big lead against a dreadful team (Steelers beat Jaguars 17-13, 07 Ravens beat Jets 20-13 (thank you Justin McCareins))

- Utterly pathetic road win against an utterly pathetic opponent (Steelers beat Colts 23-20, 07 Ravens beat the Trent Dilfer led 49ers 9-7 (yes, Trent Dilfer was still playing in 2007))

Now, again, they have Big Ben and that's what's going to prevent them from descending into ineptitude. However, the problems of the 2007 Ravens went way beyond the quarterback position, and I see a lot of those similarities looming for Pittsburgh. Wins are wins, but they're playing ugly games on a consistent basis and that's a huge concern.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/v ... p?t=465474 (http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=465474)

fezziwig
10-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Did anyone listen to Bens interview today ? It was about our team being inconsistent at 4-2. Was that sarcasm when he was talking about being 4-2 ? Sounded like it to me.

BradshawsHairdresser
10-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Did anyone listen to Bens interview today ? It was about our team being inconsistent at 4-2. Was that sarcasm when he was talking about being 4-2 ? Sounded like it to me.

To me, he sounded sarcastic, as though there isn't really anything wrong with the way the Steelers have been playing.

fezziwig
10-20-2011, 08:53 AM

To me, he sounded sarcastic, as though there isn't really anything wrong with the way the Steelers have been playing.

Thanks for your reply.

I thought it was sarcasm too and I guess he believes his team is a well oiled machine. One thing for sure.... it is better to be ahead and play catch up than to have a losing record and playing catch up.

feltdizz
10-20-2011, 09:34 AM

If there is nothing wrong then this is what we should expect the rest of the season...

3 bad games, 1 good game... then Ben will give an interview about how embarrassing it is for the D to bail out the offense, followed by more praise for a bad OL and BA.

fezziwig
10-20-2011, 04:18 PM
i hope this team isn't the new normal for them

Sonny
10-21-2011, 12:56 AM
It was pretty bad in 08 after the Giants and Colts games.

Both losses were on Ben. We truly had a championship defense though.

Eich
10-21-2011, 01:06 PM
i hope this team isn't the new normal for them

If the inconsistency we've seen is the normal for this year, we're going to get two beatings in a row from the Rats and Pats*

I hope that's not the case and that we improve as time goes on. Hopefully we'll sort some things out against the Cardinals and then hit full stride against the good teams...