PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes Again...

MaxAMillion
11-14-2010, 05:45 PM
Two straight weeks Holmes makes a big time play in OT to win a game for the Jets. Trading Holmes was bad decision. Trading him to the Jets (another AFC playoff team makes it unforgivable). The difference between the Jets and Steelers is Holmes. He can take any slant pass and turn it into a touchdown. We all saw him do it for the Steelers many times when he was here.

Old Man Rooney was smart enough to let Burress play out his contract and then let him walk. Baby Rooney just had to trade Holmes so the bad press would stop. That move will cost the Steelers dearly.

I really don't care about players smoking weed. I would smoke myself if it help me deal with playing a violent game like the NFL. I hope Baby Rooney is not dumb enough to think that no Steelers ever smoked weed before or that no Steelers on the team ever smoke it.

D Rock
11-14-2010, 05:49 PM
http://forums.theganggreen.com/

you might be more comfortable here if you're such a fan

Snatch98
11-14-2010, 05:50 PM
The guy was a constant headache. You have to draw the line somewhere. Last I checked the Steelers are 6-2 without Holmes and his constant off the field drama. He smoked a terrible CB all game. AWESOME!

msp26505
11-14-2010, 05:50 PM
Two straight weeks Holmes makes a big time play in OT to win a game for the Jets. Trading Holmes was bad decision. Trading him to the Jets (another AFC playoff team makes it unforgivable). The difference between the Jets and Steelers is Holmes. He can take any slant pass and turn it into a touchdown. We all saw him do it for the Steelers many times when he was here.

Old Man Rooney was smart enough to let Burress play out his contract and then let him walk. Baby Rooney just had to trade Holmes so the bad press would stop. That move will cost the Steelers dearly.

I really don't care about players smoking weed. I would smoke myself if it help me deal with playing a violent game like the NFL. I hope Baby Rooney is not dumb enough to think that no Steelers ever smoked weed before or that no Steelers on the team ever smoke it.

He is a cancer and I'm glad the Steelers are rid of him.

And it's only a matter of time before his next drug suspension. At least the Steelers got a 5th rounder for him.

focosteeler
11-14-2010, 05:52 PM

:Agree

i dont want to be remotley close to the kind of organization the jets are...with all the allegations of the locker room cr ap. braylon edwards dui and holmes garbage. i still think we can beat them because thats two weeks in a row they have gone OT with bad teams

msp26505
11-14-2010, 06:02 PM

i dont want to be remotley close to the kind of organization the jets are...with all the allegations of the locker room cr ap. braylon edwards dui and holmes garbage. i still think we can beat them because thats two weeks in a row they have gone OT with bad teams

I agree with everything except the idea that the Browns are a bad tam.

They are definitely a team on the rise...they finished a 4-week stretch against the NFL's best 2-2. My guess is that they finish 9-7 or 8-8.

I think the trip to Cleveland will be a tough one for the Steelers.

Starlifter
11-14-2010, 06:28 PM
the jets keep winning and santonio is a big part of it. he must be feeling particularly invincible right now. if questions about his character are valid - we may see some evidence to support them. if not, then he may possibly have matured at our expense just in time for the jets to reap the rewards.....

sentinel33
11-14-2010, 06:44 PM
yeah. it sucked that we traded him to the jets for only a 5th but he's gone and he's there problem now. the steelers move on. just like they always do. the pr was spinning out of control and something had to be done to A.-let Roethlisberger know that his issues wont be tollerated and B.- to show everyone outside of steelernation that the rooneys still had control of the organization. it came at a high cost but the message was sent for the players currently on the roster and for those yet to join the team. it was the right move despite how badly it hurt. if my main man Sweed can come back from his injury and finally get it together, it wont be talked about again. i know. thats a big IF. But the core of WR's could be Wallace,Sweed,Brown and Sanders. That could be a scarry group. i just dont want them spending high picks on WR's anymore. i support the Holmes decision.

ALLD
11-14-2010, 09:22 PM
It is just a matter of time before he goes celebrating and gets popped on a drug test. He will then be out for a year.

NJ-STEELER
11-15-2010, 04:18 AM
its actually 3 weeks in a row

against denver they threw it long with less then 2 mins left and he drew the PI. jets ran the clock down for a chip shot FG

that 5th rder sure is comin in handy though

Crash
11-15-2010, 04:38 AM
We shoulda signed TO.

Smashmouth
11-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Nothing like a crappy game to get people missing a problem like Holmes. The Steelers have a pretty good track record when it comes to getting rid of problem players even if it hurts short term.

williar
11-15-2010, 12:23 PM
Nothing like a crappy game to get people missing a problem like Holmes. The Steelers have a pretty good track record when it comes to getting rid of problem players even if it hurts short term.

Oh! The steelers still have problems and his name is not Santonio. I'll just leave it at that.... Funny how short-sighted people are. Our best receiver and playmaker, superbowl MVP and playoff hero (we wouldn't have been in superbowl 43 without him) was such a problem. Seems like more of a solution to what I've been seeing from the post Santonio offense. Go ask Ben or any other player on the team if Santonio was a problem. You will probably be surprised by their (true) responses. The FO just traded Santonio to make a point and slap some deodorant on the real stink in that lockerroom.

Anytime you have 40 year old, cement-legged Hines Ward (and I love Hines) as your number one receiver and playmaker, your offense is in trouble....

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 12:28 PM

Oh! The steelers still have problems and his name is not Santonio. I'll just leave it at that.... Funny how short-sighted people are. Our best receiver and playmaker, superbowl MVP and playoff hero (we wouldn't have been in superbowl 43 without him) was such a problem. Seems like more of a solution to what I've been seeing from the post Santonio offense. Go ask Ben or any other player on the team if Santonio was a problem. You will probably be surprised by their (true) responses. The FO just traded Santonio to make a point and slap some deodorant on the real stink in that lockerroom.

Anytime you have 40 year old, cement-legged Hines Ward (and I love Hines) as your number one receiver and playmaker, your offense is in trouble....

Holmes wasn't a saint but people act like he had a Michael Vick moment...

and I'm tired of people saying teams are crappy... but when we struggle to beat a team they are "going to be good, just wait and see"

No, Bungles sucked and we let them hang around... Browns are better than advertised and they are playing with heart. We, on the other hand, look like clowns yesterday. I know Sanders was happy to get his first TD but ummm.. no time to celebrate.

At least Wallace showed maturity by sprinting to the sideline. He gets it. I wonder if this is why Brown hasn't seen the field since the Tenn. game. Stop dancing and gloating get on the freaking field because these old guys are tired.

ikestops85
11-15-2010, 12:33 PM

and how exactly would Tone have helped in this past game? He was not resigning with the Steelers so we would have had him for only 12 games. Plus I think he was very inconsistent as a receiver in the regular season. He cost Ben a number of pick sixes just by not reading the blitz. He also dropped his share of passes including a huge game winner in the SB. He was lucky he got another chance.

Tone was good but not as good as some here seem to think. Memories are a fleeting thing.

feltdizz
11-15-2010, 12:44 PM

and how exactly would Tone have helped in this past game? He was not resigning with the Steelers so we would have had him for only 12 games. Plus I think he was very inconsistent as a receiver in the regular season. He cost Ben a number of pick sixes just by not reading the blitz. He also dropped his share of passes including a huge game winner in the SB. He was lucky he got another chance.

Tone was good but not as good as some here seem to think. Memories are a fleeting thing.

Lucky? :shock:

he dropped a very hard pass in the SB AFTER getting us down in position on 2 catches...
then he caught probably the hardest pass we have ever seen in a SB.

Holmes was no more inconsistent than what we are witnessing now. I think most would've loved to have him for 12 more games before leaving.

He is gone... but he damn sure is missed. Memories from those who don't want to admit how good he was our fleeting. LOL..

he was up and down but he came back to the ball anytime Ben broke the pocket... and he won more games than he lost.

Dee Dub
11-15-2010, 01:29 PM
The problem isnít that the Steelers didnít replace Holmes..because they did. In fact with what I feel is a better player (Mike Wallace). The problem is that they didnít replace Mike Wallace from last year. They went and got a bum in the name of Antwaan Randle El to be the number 3. And somewhere along the way they got this idea that he is the go-to fade receiver in the back of the end zone.

The last 21 games for Santonio Holmes and Mike Wallace.

Mike Wallace

21 games 55 rec. 1205 21.9 ypc 13 TDís

Santonio Holmes

21 games 99 rec. 1569 15.8 ypc 6 TDís

Wallace averages a TD every 4.23 times he touches the ball. Holmes is 16.5 every time he touches the ball.

I am willing to bet the next 21 games Wallace will have better numbers across the board.

ikestops85
11-15-2010, 01:31 PM

Lucky? :shock:
Yes, lucky. Why should Ben go back to him after he let a perfectly thrown ball go right through his hands the play before? It should have been an easy catch.
he dropped a very hard pass in the SB AFTER getting us down in position on 2 catches...
then he caught probably the hardest pass we have ever seen in a SB.
Agreed ... he was pretty much money in the playoffs/SB but not the regular season. Holmes was good ... even very good at times but not great

Holmes was no more inconsistent than what we are witnessing now. I think most would've loved to have him for 12 more games before leaving.
You are right, he is no more inconsistent than what we have now. He also isn't any more consistent than what we have right now.

He is gone... but he damn sure is missed. Memories from those who don't want to admit how good he was our fleeting. LOL..
I guess it's a glass half full/half empty type of thing. I tend to remember mistakes more than the good things. I guess I expect them to make plays since they are professionals. LOL.

he was up and down but he came back to the ball anytime Ben broke the pocket... and he won more games than he lost.
I think Holmes was a good receiver. I also think by the end of the year we won't give his loss a second thought. We will have adequately replaced him with Wallace. What we have lacked is replacing Wallace as the #3 receiver. ARE is just not doing the job