PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl 43 O-Line

Herewegosteelers!
11-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Willie Colon T Max Starks T Darnell Stapleton G Chris Kemoeatu G Justin Hartwig C

Is the line now (injuries included) better, worse, or equal to the one in the Super Bowl?

birtikidis
11-12-2010, 11:09 PM
well we are definitely worse at LT
huge upgrade at Center
Kemo hasn't gotten better or worse
Stapleton was better then the guys we've had at RG this year
and I actually like Flozell a little more than Colon.

Crash
11-12-2010, 11:48 PM
The OL is only half the problem. The wide outs are far worse.

birtikidis
11-12-2010, 11:50 PM
The OL is only half the problem. The wide outs are far worse.
we definitely lack the guy who can get separation underneath and get those tough yards. and actually, I'd say OL is about 1/4 the problem.. receivers are about 1/4 the problem.. coaching my friend is 1/2 the problem.

SidSmythe
11-13-2010, 09:10 AM
Left Tackle: Worse. You can't lose your starter and expect a backup like Scott to come in and play as well.
Left Guard: Slightly Better. Kemo's play is virtually the same. I agree he hasn't gotten much better but he does seem to have a few more key blocks per game.
Center: Better and getting Better every week
Right Guard: Better. Stapleton was def. our weak link that year. He was raw and wasn't going to get better. that's why he's gone.
Right Tackle: Much Better. Colon has a nasty, tough attitude, but he was far from consistent. Adams is a huge improvement.

AS A UNIT: BETTER, I would like to say much better but I can't get passed we have to go from here w/ a backup LT.

birtikidis
11-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Left Tackle: Worse. You can't lose your starter and expect a backup like Scott to come in and play as well.
Left Guard: Slightly Better. Kemo's play is virtually the same. I agree he hasn't gotten much better but he does seem to have a few more key blocks per game.
Center: Better and getting Better every week
Right Guard: Better. Stapleton was def. our weak link that year. He was raw and wasn't going to get better. that's why he's gone.
Right Tackle: Much Better. Colon has a nasty, tough attitude, but he was far from consistent. Adams is a huge improvement.

AS A UNIT: BETTER, I would like to say much better but I can't get passed we have to go from here w/ a backup LT.
I would actually say stapleton is gone because of his achilles injury. our rotating rg situation does not inspire any confidence for me.