PDA

View Full Version : Guess who Walters has us drafting with our first.

Shawn
11-12-2010, 09:30 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_1.php

Mike Pouncey.

:tt2

birtikidis
11-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Same thing with McShay.
Little side note on Mike.
I used to work with a former Gator, Mo Mitchell, and after we drafted Maurkice, he said that we took the wrong brother but if we had a chance to get Mike the next year we should definitely grab him. He said Mike is so much meaner and actually stronger. He is still really involved in the UF team, knows a bunch of guys and stays in touch. He actually ran a football camp at the school I coached for and had a few ex gators/current and former Steeler players there. was pretty cool.

Shawn
11-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Same thing with McShay.
I used to work with a former Gator, Mo Mitchell, and after we drafted Maurkice, he said that we took the wrong brother but if we had a chance to get Mike the next year we should definitely grab him. He said Mike is so much meaner and actually stronger. He is still really involved in the UF team, knows a bunch of guys and stays in touch. He actually ran a football camp at the school I coached for and had a few ex gators/current and former Steeler players there. was pretty cool.

No doubt in my mind that Mike is going to be a primetime OG. Before this season, both brothers were considered elite OLmen. His move to center wouldn't scare me off one bit.

steelblood
11-12-2010, 10:50 PM
Same thing with McShay.

He may be meaner and stronger, but Maurkice is the better technician, center, and perhaps has better football intelligence. That is why he was chosen to play center over his brother. Still, mean and strong are great characteristics for a RG.

Shawn
11-12-2010, 11:00 PM
Same thing with McShay.

He may be meaner and stronger, but Maurkice is the better technician, center, and perhaps has better football intelligence. That is why he was chosen to play center over his brother. Still, mean and strong are great characteristics for a RG.

I think that is quite probable. Maurkice has elite football intelligence. I wonder besides playing center why Mike may have struggled this year. His brother is no longer there calling the shots on the OL. If that was indeed part of the problem putting him right beside his brother would be a perfect fit for both the Steelers and Mike. I love the idea.

NJ-STEELER
11-13-2010, 12:10 AM
i dont see it

losing both our starting OTs

i see us going there if we draft OL early

birtikidis
11-13-2010, 12:13 AM
i dont see it

losing both our starting OTs

i see us going there if we draft OL early
it's not like we cut them. we can't draft in the middle of a season. Starks will be back. Colon MAY be back if we decide to keep him. You think the FO is panicking? I highly doubt it.

NJ-STEELER
11-13-2010, 12:20 AM
yeah but,
you wanna go into a season where 1 stinger and you have jon scott playing LT again?

surgery to correct a bulging cervical disk isn't something to brush off

birtikidis
11-13-2010, 12:26 AM
yeah but,
you wanna go into a season where 1 stinger and you have jon scott playing LT again?

I haven't really had a chance to see the severity of Starks injury. Just don't bet that they reach for a left tackle because he's hurt, cause they won't do it.

steelerkeylargo
11-13-2010, 12:50 AM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_1.php

Mike Pouncey.

:tt2

Don't let Dee Dub see this thread...you will get a tongue lashing! :P

NJ-STEELER
11-13-2010, 01:56 AM
why would drafting a LT be a 'reach'

birtikidis
11-13-2010, 02:00 AM
bc any worth drafting in the first round always go early. we won't get a first round quality LT at the back end of the first round.

aggiebones
11-13-2010, 02:07 AM
As interesting as it would be and a nice story line, it aint happening.
We dont need interior OL.
We need so much more than paying high for an OG. Kemo is good enough now.
We need DL and a T before overpaying for G.
If he falls to second, then maybe

Shawn
11-13-2010, 02:35 AM
As interesting as it would be and a nice story line, it aint happening.
We dont need interior OL.
We need so much more than paying high for an OG. Kemo is good enough now.
We need DL and a T before overpaying for G.
If he falls to second, then maybe

What about Essex? You are comfortable with Essex? Why would we "overpay" for a guard? He will be paid appropriately for where he was drafted and related to his position.

papillon
11-13-2010, 07:08 AM
By the time we're paying our next first round draft pick there will be a rookie salary cap in place. No one will be overpaying for rookies any longer and rightfully so.

I'd have no problem Mike Pouncey provided he grades out properly and the Steelers do their homework which I have no doubt that they do.

Pappy

SidSmythe
11-13-2010, 09:30 AM
I doubt he'll be there at #32

If he's just as good as his brother, and his brother went mid 1st round, i doubt he'll be around.
This happens every year. We fall in love w a guy who's a late 1st, early 2nd projection only to have his stock rise before the draft.

frankthetank1
11-13-2010, 09:38 AM
yeah but,

neither is a ruptured achillies. i wasnt a colon fan to begain with. his injury certainly wont help his ability and talent. we need tackles more than we do guards. it is true though we probably wont get a tackle in the draft because we will be picking too low. i would love it if the steelers drafted anthony costanzo from BC but i doubt he will be around when the steelers are on the clock. first few rounds of next years draft better be o-lineman and d-lineman

steelz09
11-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Personally, i think we need to go NT next year. Or possibly a 3-4 DE to grow into a NT.

I also think we need to focus on the o-line, and a FS.

plainnasty
11-13-2010, 11:02 AM
The best thing about that mock draft was that we had the 32nd pick!

grotonsteel
11-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Looks like stars have aligned for Steelers to draft an OT in 2011. If you look at the teams looking for OT you won't see that many teams. Steelers should be able to get Top-4 OT in 2011.

If there is Ras-I-Dowling at 32 its a no brainer.

Steelers will take not take back-to-back OG in 1st Rd. Not the Steelers way.

Also what has Mike POuncey showed on tape this year as a football player?? Nothing...he has struggled at C position. He may be a great RG but you draft "maybe" players in 2nd Rd not in 1st Rd.

Steelers need to go for OT or CB in Rd 1.

Oh BTW if Jonathan bAldwin falls at 32 i say draft him. He is the BPA at that time. Big time possession receiver who will help Big Ben more than a RG.

grotonsteel
11-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Personally, i think we need to go NT next year. Or possibly a 3-4 DE to grow into a NT.

Unfortunately i don't think there is any NT which is Top-50 players in 2011 draft. Powe from Ole Miss will be the closest thing and he looks like a 2nd Rd talent.

He lost weight this season and is struggling..as per few scouts..well we never know he might impress in the combine and climb the draft..

One player to look for 3rd round is Sione Fua, DT, Stanford

steelerkeylargo
11-13-2010, 01:20 PM

Unfortunately i don't think there is any NT which is Top-50 players in 2011 draft. Powe from Ole Miss will be the closest thing and he looks like a 2nd Rd talent.

He lost weight this season and is struggling..as per few scouts..well we never know he might impress in the combine and climb the draft..

I think Drake Nevis would make a great NT with about 15 more pounds. He is very similiar to what Hampton was as a senior at Texas.

birtikidis
11-13-2010, 01:24 PM
Looks like stars have aligned for Steelers to draft an OT in 2011. If you look at the teams looking for OT you won't see that many teams. Steelers should be able to get Top-4 OT in 2011.

Also what has Mike POuncey showed on tape this year as a football player?? Nothing...he has struggled at C position. He may be a great RG but you draft "maybe" players in 2nd Rd not in 1st Rd.

Oh BTW if Jonathan bAldwin falls at 32 i say draft him. He is the BPA at that time. Big time possession receiver who will help Big Ben more than a RG.
Mike has graded out 95% or higher in every game as a senior.
we won't be drafting a guard two years in a row.. unless Maurkice refuses to let the actual center snap the ball. and there is no MAYBE that he's a great guard. He started there for 2 years and finished 2nd team all american both years.

NJ-STEELER
11-13-2010, 01:33 PM
bc any worth drafting in the first round always go early. we won't get a first round quality LT at the back end of the first round.

this year or in general?

max was a 3rd rounder

oher, staley, mcneil all were later first round picks (mcneil high 2nd)

Shawn
11-13-2010, 01:34 PM

They didn't. They took a guy to play center. And we need to replace Essex in a bad way. I would agree though about Dowling. If he falls that far...which he won't it will be a no brainer. Big physical and speedy DB? He won't last.

birtikidis
11-13-2010, 01:37 PM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":1iryxv16]why would drafting a LT be a 'reach'

this year or in general?

max was a 3rd rounder

oher, staley, mcneil all were later first round picks (mcneil high 2nd)[/quote:1iryxv16]
Let me use an analogy for you.
would you rather have the next Max Starks
or the next Alan Faneca
with the same pick in the first round?

focosteeler
11-13-2010, 01:42 PM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":dhx7a0su]why would drafting a LT be a 'reach'

this year or in general?

max was a 3rd rounder

oher, staley, mcneil all were later first round picks (mcneil high 2nd)
Let me use an analogy for you.
would you rather have the next Max Starks
or the next Alan Faneca
with the same pick in the first round?[/quote:dhx7a0su]

:Bow :Bow :Bow :Bow

NJ-STEELER
11-13-2010, 01:54 PM
if our starting tackles are J scott and 37 yr old flozell adams

the answer is max starks

why did you use starks instead of 1st rounders like staley or oher.... its an even easier answer then

birtikidis
11-13-2010, 02:11 PM

the answer is max starks

why did you use starks instead of 1st rounders like staley or oher.... its an even easier answer then
because you need to have more than a season and a half before I make a decision on how good of a player you are.
I'm amazed how you quickly you reach medical decisions. I mean, in your mind, Starks and Colon are done for their careers. over reaction at its finest.

birtikidis
11-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Side note.. gotta love walterfootball's description of why the Giants take Ras-Dowling
"And in a division with Tony Romo, Donovan McNabb and QB Dog Killer"

SteelCzar76
11-13-2010, 02:56 PM
I understand that many of the Nation here and otherwise remain infatuated with us drafting O-lineman in the first round every single season. And every single season you can and will be able to create reasons as to why. (As of course,...our problems on offense cannot be attributed to inconsistent QB and RB play, the scheme....and overall lack of elite talent in our receiving corps. No,..it's gotta be the O-line.) :lol:

However, i feel our 1st round priorities should be D-line, a true stud corner,..or if we are drafting at the bottom of the first a young polished stud blue chip WR like Austin Pettis of Boise State.

Many are screaming for Pouncey,..and after the way his brother has performed as a rookie i can understand as Much.

But even if he (Pouncey) did come in and perform well,... we still go into next season,..without having properly addressed the facts that Hamp cannot play forever, Aaron's career might very well be over, Hines is in the twilight of his career, Wallace (though fast) remains a work in progress, and most importantly Macfadden and Gay are awful with Ryan Clark hard on their heels.

NJ-STEELER
11-13-2010, 03:00 PM

the answer is max starks

because you need to have more than a season and a half before I make a decision on how good of a player you are.
I'm amazed how you quickly you reach medical decisions. I mean, in your mind, Starks and Colon are done for their careers. over reaction at its finest.

i dont think max is done.but even healthy, thats a scary injury for someone coming in constant contact with 300 LB men. surgery on a cervical disk is a dangerous injury to an even average layman

whats he entering? his 8th yr and now has a bad injury. if they take an LT and max is healthy they can play him at RT for as long as max is healthy. if max isn't ready to go then we have an capable LT...the most important position on the OL

birtikidis
11-13-2010, 03:07 PM
I understand that many of the Nation here and otherwise remain infatuated with us drafting O-lineman in the first round every single season. And every single season you can and will be able to create reasons as to why. (As of course,...our problems on offense cannot be attributed to inconsistent QB and RB play, the scheme....and overall lack of elite talent in our receiving corps. No,..it's gotta be the O-line.) :lol:

However, i feel our 1st round priorities should be D-line, a true stud corner,..or if we are drafting at the bottom of the first a young polished stud blue chip WR like Austin Pettis of Boise State.

Many are screaming for Pouncey,..and after the way his brother has performed as a rookie i can understand as Much.

But even if he (Pouncey) did come in and perform well,... we still go into next season,..without having properly addressed the facts that Hamp cannot play forever, Aaron's career might very well be over, Hines is in the twilight of his career, Wallace (though fast) remains a work in progress, and most importantly Macfadden and Gay are awful with Ryan Clark hard on their heels.
Czar, I would love for us to draft a ros-dowling or a jenkins... just don't see those guys as being there. would like to see what the kids can do (lewis and butler) before I totally freak out about the cb position.
I can't seem to find a real good NT to take over for hampton.. unless we reach for someone.
wide out wise, there are a couple guys I like, but would like to see if Sweed can come back. if manny sanders can develop. if brown can develop. I agree that ARE isn't here for long, neither is battle.
pouncey would be a great fit and a great value at the bottom of the 1st. now if a guy falls.. i'm all for it. I just dn't see a guy like Otah (who fell in his draft) fall as far as we'd need him to.

birtikidis
11-13-2010, 03:10 PM
[quote="NJ-STEELER":3ooypp0p]if our starting tackles are J scott and 37 yr old flozell adams

the answer is max starks

i dont think max is done.but even healthy, thats a scary injury for someone coming in constant contact with 300 LB men. surgery on a cervical disk is a dangerous injury to an even average layman

whats he entering? his 8th yr and now has a bad injury. if they take an LT and max is healthy they can play him at RT for as long as max is healthy. if max isn't ready to go then we have an capable LT...the most important position on the OL[/quote:3ooypp0p]
I know how bad a cervical disk injury is. I had to have mine done in may. it sucks. this is his 6th season (2004 draft), so he's still pretty young. from what i've read, it's not a career threatening injury, but who knows how these things progress.

SteelCzar76
11-13-2010, 04:15 PM

Czar, I would love for us to draft a ros-dowling or a jenkins... just don't see those guys as being there. would like to see what the kids can do (lewis and butler) before I totally freak out about the cb position.
I can't seem to find a real good NT to take over for hampton.. unless we reach for someone.
wide out wise, there are a couple guys I like, but would like to see if Sweed can come back. if manny sanders can develop. if brown can develop. I agree that ARE isn't here for long, neither is battle.
pouncey would be a great fit and a great value at the bottom of the 1st. now if a guy falls.. i'm all for it. I just dn't see a guy like Otah (who fell in his draft) fall as far as we'd need him to.

I agree with you Birt,....i don't see any of the truely elite Corners being available after pick 15 or so. But though i'd like to see what Butler has got,..i am still no more sold on Lewis than i was when he was drafted. (if you saw this kid play in college,...he was Ike Taylor without the Athleticism and even less ball skills.)

IMO Unless we completely melt down this year and are picking within the top 12,..we may just be in a very tough position in terms of Corner going into next season.

Though i could live with Cb's Curtis Brown out of Texas or Jimmy Smith of Colorado late in the first, i would probably go with the aforementioned stud WR at that point as we certainly need to improve on our ability to put up points.(As i consider Antonio Brown and Sanders the career role player type of receivers and am not willing to risk that Sweed is not simply a flat out bust.)

In terms of NT,..i also agree with you. I don't see any Hampton types that would warrant a 1st round pick at all. (let alone a high to mid first) However, as i've mentioned before,... the Paea kid out Oregon State is so physical, athletic and dominant i would'nt be against selecting him in the first to play end in our scheme. (though he's not exactly 6'4 or better)

As i said,.. i can understand the Pouncey Love. I just feel as though we have other more pressing needs that would take precedence over a Guard in the first round next season at any point. (1-32)

StarSpangledSteeler
11-13-2010, 04:32 PM

That's a huge blanket blanket statement and not accurate at all.

(from another poster i agree with...)

While the top LTs don't last that long, starting LTs do. We drafted Marvel Smith in the 2nd. Rodger Saffold was taken by the Rams in the 2nd round last draft and he started every game for them at LT to this point. Marcus McNeil, Andrew Whitworth, Michael Roos, and Matt Light were all 2nd round guys. You cannot pass on tackle after tackle, draft after draft, waiting on a horrible season so you can draft a top 10 tackle.

birtikidis
11-13-2010, 04:37 PM

That's a huge blanket blanket statement and not accurate at all.

(from another poster i agree with...)

While the top LTs don't last that long, starting LTs do. We drafted Marvel Smith in the 2nd. Rodger Saffold was taken by the Rams in the 2nd round last draft and he started every game for them at LT to this point. Marcus McNeil, Andrew Whitworth, Michael Roos, and Matt Light were all 2nd round guys. You cannot pass on tackle after tackle, draft after draft, waiting on a horrible season so you can draft a top 10 tackle.
so if guys like that are available in the 2nd round, why would you take one if them in the first?

StarSpangledSteeler
11-13-2010, 04:40 PM
Unfortunately i don't think there is any NT which is Top-50 players in 2011 draft.

Bingo. Sione would represent great value in the 3rd round especially in our defensive scheme.

birtikidis
11-13-2010, 04:41 PM

I agree with you Birt,....i don't see any of the truely elite Corners being available after pick 15 or so. But though i'd like to see what Butler has got,..i am still no more sold on Lewis than i was when he was drafted. (if you saw this kid play in college,...he was Ike Taylor without the Athleticism and even less ball skills.)

IMO Unless we completely melt down this year and are picking within the top 12,..we may just be in a very tough position in terms of Corner going into next season.

Though i could live with Cb's Curtis Brown out of Texas or Jimmy Smith of Colorado late in the first, i would probably go with the aforementioned stud WR at that point as we certainly need to improve on our ability to put up points.(As i consider Antonio Brown and Sanders the career role player type of receivers and am not willing to risk that Sweed is not simply a flat out bust.)

In terms of NT,..i also agree with you. I don't see any Hampton types that would warrant a 1st round pick at all. (let alone a high to mid first) However, as i've mentioned before,... the Paea kid out Oregon State is so physical, athletic and dominant i would'nt be against selecting him in the first to play end in our scheme. (though he's not exactly 6'4 or better)

As i said,.. i can understand the Pouncey Love. I just feel as though we have other more pressing needs that would take precedence over a Guard in the first round next season at any point. (1-32)
I could POSSIBLY see going WR in the first.. though there is only one that totally blows me away (can't remember his name but the kid from OKstate). Btw, what do you do if Ingram declares but falls to us in the first? kid has been banged up this year.. I really think we go OG 1st then SAFETY in the 2nd or 3rd. depending on what NT is available in the 2nd..
We have a kid that could become a premier RB in the NFL if we strengthen our OL HE WILL become a premier talent. that should automatically make our wr's better just because teams will have to account for us running the ball.

SteelCzar76
11-13-2010, 05:10 PM

I could POSSIBLY see going WR in the first.. though there is only one that totally blows me away (can't remember his name but the kid from OKstate). Btw, what do you do if Ingram declares but falls to us in the first? kid has been banged up this year.. I really think we go OG 1st then SAFETY in the 2nd or 3rd. depending on what NT is available in the 2nd..
We have a kid that could become a premier RB in the NFL if we strengthen our OL HE WILL become a premier talent. that should automatically make our wr's better just because teams will have to account for us running the ball.

I think you might be Talking about Justin Blackmon of OkState birt. And your right the kid is for real,..so much so that i wouldn't think he'd still be on the board after the 20th pick were he to declare.

As far Ingram,..hey i'm not usually a big fan of taking RB's in the first unless they have future HOF type talent,..but were we not in position to land a Marquee corner or D-lineman in the first,... i'd take Ingram in a heartbeat.

He is a pure well rounded back and I think along with his physicality and consistency his overall game would provide the almost perfect compliment to the "Homerun or strikeout" style of Mendenhall's.

In essence,..imagine being part of the defensive unit trying to corral Mendenhall AND tackle Ingram for 4 quarters ? I think it would be fair to say that there would not be many whose will we could not break by the 4th.

grotonsteel
11-13-2010, 05:22 PM
This draft is loaded with talented CB...so maybe Steelers will get a good CB in the 2nd Rd. Maybe they have to trade up

CB that should be available in Rd 2
Jimmy Smith, Rashad Carmichael,Curtis Brown, Davon House

I still believe Steelers will get a chance to draft a real good LT

To me these are the players to look for at LT in Rd 1-early Rd2 for now atleast.
Anthony Castonzo,Derek Sherrod,Joseph Barksdale, Demarcus Love,Gabe Carimi,Nate Solder

AngryAsian
11-13-2010, 09:34 PM

If we do go WR in the first... and if he declares himself eligible for this year's upcoming draft, I'd love to see if we can exorcise our South Carolina demons by selecting Alshon Jeffery. Talk about a beast: 20yrs old 6-4, 233 lbs.

steelerkeylargo
11-14-2010, 12:18 AM
This draft is loaded with talented CB...so maybe Steelers will get a good CB in the 2nd Rd. Maybe they have to trade up

To me these are the players to look for at LT in Rd 1-early Rd2 for now atleast.
Anthony Castonzo,Derek Sherrod,Joseph Barksdale, Demarcus Love,Gabe Carimi,Nate Solder

Sherrod will be a top 10 pick...bank on it.

NJ-STEELER
11-14-2010, 04:48 AM
isn't this a year where WR will be unbelievable strong.

green, julio, that SC kid, baldwin, someone mentioned pettis earlier and there's still a few more big physical guys like hankerson of miami.

if a position is going to slip a little, it might be one where there 's a lot of talent available. grabbing one late in the 1st round might be a no brainer

NJ-STEELER
11-14-2010, 05:22 AM
taking another look at that list. there's 2 OTs and a corner they have going rally late in the 1st round. so if there deem a big need there, it wouldn't take much to secure them IMO. though its very early and probably a long way from playing out like that. cant see the giants taking a corner either. they need to get some youth on the OL

NJ-STEELER
11-14-2010, 05:42 AM
FYI the other guy's mock on that site (mark's) has us taking

CB- brown texas in the 1st and
WR pettis boise in the 2nd

pouncey going to giants around 24 or so

although somehow he has julio going in the first pick of the second round, right after ours

Oviedo
11-14-2010, 10:00 AM

I think all the OTs you mention will be gone by #25 and I certainly hope we are picking after that.

I agree that there will be some CBs in Round 2, but remember we will be late in Round 2 so we would possibly have to overdraft a good CB at the bottom of Round 1.

I also think that WR needs to be a serious consideration. Wallace needs someone opposite him to draw the constant double coverages away from him. Neither Hines nor ARE can do that and Sanders is the classic possession receiver who can work the underneath routes and get yards after the catch.

grotonsteel
11-14-2010, 12:58 PM

Sherrod will be a top 10 pick...bank on it.

I am not sure. He may end up as a top-10 pick when draft begins but right now i am not sure.

Is Sherrod a top-10 player in 2011 draft irrespective of position. I don't think so. He is definitely Top-25 IMO.

If you look at the current draft position i don't think any of the Top-15 team has a need for OT in 1st Rd.

The only teams i see picking an OT in 1st Rd is Colts and Bears (if a stud WR is not available for them)

grotonsteel
11-14-2010, 01:00 PM
isn't this a year where WR will be unbelievable strong.

green, julio, that SC kid, baldwin, someone mentioned pettis earlier and there's still a few more big physical guys like hankerson of miami.

if a position is going to slip a little, it might be one where there 's a lot of talent available. grabbing one late in the 1st round might be a no brainer

If Jonathan Baldwin is there draft him...simple as that.

grotonsteel
11-14-2010, 01:04 PM

I think all the OTs you mention will be gone by #25 and I certainly hope we are picking after that.

I agree that there will be some CBs in Round 2, but remember we will be late in Round 2 so we would possibly have to overdraft a good CB at the bottom of Round 1.

I also think that WR needs to be a serious consideration. Wallace needs someone opposite him to draw the constant double coverages away from him. Neither Hines nor ARE can do that and Sanders is the classic possession receiver who can work the underneath routes and get yards after the catch.

Ov if you look at the draft there are really very few teams which need an OT in first RD. Thats why i thought Steelers may get a chance to draft Top3-4 OT this year. Maybe 2011 is the year where teams don't make a run for OT.

I am a big fan of Jonathan Baldwin, WR Pitt and Ras-I-Dowling, CB . If any of these players are there at 32 i would draft them over anyone.

Shawn
11-14-2010, 04:31 PM

When you can't score on the one inch line with a guy who will likely clip off 1300 yards...you have an OL issue.

birtikidis
11-14-2010, 04:35 PM

Ov if you look at the draft there are really very few teams which need an OT in first RD. Thats why i thought Steelers may get a chance to draft Top3-4 OT this year. Maybe 2011 is the year where teams don't make a run for OT.

I am a big fan of Jonathan Baldwin, WR Pitt and Ras-I-Dowling, CB . If any of these players are there at 32 i would draft them over anyone.
I respectfully disagree. there are several teams that will target Tackle in this draft. I would also go so far to say that there aren't many OT that I would even take in the first round.

StarSpangledSteeler
11-14-2010, 06:53 PM

When you can't score on the one inch line with a guy who will likely clip off 1300 yards...you have an OL issue.

Amen!!! I can't comprehend how anyone can watch the Steelers play and not clearly see that OL is our biggest weakness. Can you imagine how good Mendy would be if we actually opened holes for him? Drafting OL early helps our RB, QB, WR, and TE all play better.

birtikidis
11-14-2010, 07:09 PM

Amen!!! I can't comprehend how anyone can watch the Steelers play and not clearly see that OL is our biggest weakness. Can you imagine how good Mendy would be if we actually opened holes for him? Drafting OL early helps our RB, QB, WR, and TE all play better.
I would really like to see us be able to run up the middle when we need to. and I'd love to see less pressure coming straight up the middle for our qb when he drops back to pass.

SteelCzar76
11-14-2010, 07:21 PM

Or,...you could just have a backfield that features a slasher back whom though he is a 'home run' threat,..he gives you little or nothing in terms of punishing running between the tackles. As well as a journeyman quality, slow semi bruiser whom lacks the burst at the point of attack to make his strength pay off on a consistent basis in yard yardage situations

But i do understand your perspective though,......

sentinel33
11-14-2010, 08:02 PM
if we take a guard over a DB or D-Lineman i will be upset. Guards can be had in the 3-5 round range.
if an OT is there for us late in round one and represents good value then go ahead and pull the trigger. otherwise with the first 2 picks its either a DB or a D-Lineman.
if we take a WR in round one i will scream. we have much greater issues.
the majority of our picks this draft should go to defense. specifically the D-line and the CB's/S's.
We will resign Woodley thanks to the new rookie salary cap. we may have to tag him for a year, but the Rooneys will resign him.
we are ok onthe o-line. can we upgrade? sure. but we arent in dire straits.
the steelers are in the top 5 best drafters in the league-easy. having consistently drafted in the later half of nearly every draft in the past decade and still putting out competetive squad after competetive squad proves it. im not worried about round one at least. its the later rounds we need to nail.

go steelers! whoop them cheatriots