PDA

View Full Version : Rats Lose!!!

Flasteel
11-12-2010, 12:43 AM
Matty Ice comes through in the clutch! This is our chance to take a nice lead.

Steelgal
11-12-2010, 12:54 AM
Rats fans are already complaining about the refs..... On the last drive, between the bobble, that wasn't, the PI called on the D, and the non PI called on Roddy White it's pretty hysterical. I do think they got jabbed on the Roddy white call. It looked like offensive PI to me. But their 1st half was putrid, so you can't blame the loss on that call alone.

LordVile
11-12-2010, 12:58 AM
i'm lovin' this action :ratsuck
gunna sleep hella good this night, now lets take care of our business on SUNDAY!
:Beer :tt2 :Boobs

AkronSteel
11-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Take care of business on Sunday against the Pats now and we have a good leg up in the conference!!! The season is going to come down to the game in Baltimore and the home game against the Jets, if the Steelers win Sunday. I just don't see how the Pats come in here and win in primetime with a sauced up crowd and a team that hasn't played at home in a month??? I see the Steelers controlling the tempo and taking care of business!!! The Raiders and Bills come after that and if the Steelers play up to their potential they should be 9-2 going into Baltimore!! That will be a huge ball game because they will probably be 8-3.

Crash
11-12-2010, 01:53 AM
The Ravens DB grabbed White and White fended him off. Good non call.

StarSpangledSteeler
11-12-2010, 02:56 AM

See, that's the way i saw it also. Mutual contact and White was just stronger and better balanced. White probably pushed off a little at the end but he disguised it well by pushing Wilson downward and not just shoving him sideways. Veteran savvy.

proudpittsburgher
11-12-2010, 10:01 AM
I realize many here on planetSteelers live an die by the stats, but I tend to rely on what I see on the field. That being said . . . would anyone else feel confident if you had one drive to win the game, and a sheepish-faced Joe Flacco is on the sideline listening to a wide reciever try and fire up the offense? I see nothing but a decent quarterback out of Joe Flacco, which may be unfair, because most of what I see from him is against the Steelers pass defense. But I just don't see him as being any kind of leader on that team. I see how that happens when you have Ray Ray on your team as the defacto leader, but Flacco isn't even the leader of the offense, Anquan Boldin is. Dare I say Mr. Flacco is a tad bit overrated?

Oviedo
11-12-2010, 10:04 AM
I realize many here on planetSteelers live an die by the stats, but I tend to rely on what I see on the field. That being said . . . would anyone else feel confident if you had one drive to win the game, and a sheepish-faced Joe Flacco is on the sideline listening to a wide reciever try and fire up the offense? I see nothing but a decent quarterback out of Joe Flacco, which may be unfair, because most of what I see from him is against the Steelers pass defense. But I just don't see him as being any kind of leader on that team. I see how that happens when you have Ray Ray on your team as the defacto leader, but Flacco isn't even the leader of the offense, Anquan Boldin is. Dare I say Mr. Flacco is a tad bit overrated?

IMO Flacco is the epitome of the good system QB. Rely on the run to set the table for you and don't make lots of mistakes.

He is Chad Pennington (with a stronger arm) during his good years with the Jets. If he doesn't make a mistake he will keep you in games but he can't put the team on his back and win a game.

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2010, 10:13 AM

IMO Flacco is the epitome of the good system QB. Rely on the run to set the table for you and don't make lots of mistakes.

He is Chad Pennington (with a stronger arm) during his good years with the Jets. If he doesn't make a mistake he will keep you in games but he can't put the team on his back and win a game.

How about J.P. Losman with a better surrounding cast?

:ratsuck

papillon
11-12-2010, 10:14 AM
i'm lovin' this action :ratsuck
gunna sleep hella good this night, now lets take care of our business on SUNDAY!
:Beer :tt2 :Boobs

I'm sure you will as long as #7 there is involved... :Boobs :P

Pappy

BradshawsHairdresser
11-12-2010, 10:17 AM

Flacco may not be a franchise QB, like Peyton or Ben, but I believe he has won several games for the Rats. He wasn't exactly chopped liver on the game-winning drive in his last contest vs. the Steelers. He may not yet be a franchise QB, but he's way more than a game manager, IMO.

SteelAbility
11-12-2010, 10:18 AM

Just saw a replay. White initiated the contact. White is taller than the DB. The DB did grap at While but the fact that White's arms are longer (and making contact) prevented him making the grab. It was NOT a good non-call. But I'll take it.

Here's the video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBVuTeNfsX4

You'll see White and the defender only get as close as White's clearly longer arm allows. So it had to be White initiating and completeing the contact.

proudpittsburgher
11-12-2010, 10:20 AM

I suppose I should temper what I say by mentioning that I think Joe Flacco has all of the tools to be a solid NFL quarterback and he can make just about all of the throws. But when someone mentions Flacco, I can't get the soundbite of Ray Lewis out of my mind in the AFC title game where Ray Ray proudly proclaims "Joe Flacco becomes a star tonight". He didn't. :) I get the feeling Flacco is one of those guys who Ray Ray will continue to say that over and over again, and Flacco will never reach up and grab that ring. Eventually, Ray Ray will stop saying it, because I honestly don't think he believes it. Flacco fans will say his body language is one of a guy who doesn't let things phase him. To me, he looks like a guy who never really believes he can pull out a game when the team is relying on him and him alone. Most NFL quarterbacks have the tools, and most can make all of the throws, but there is an intangible that seperates the truly elite from the rest of the pack. I just don't think Flacco has "it".

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-12-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm glad "Matty Ice" was nothing but a "Melted Slushy" against our D!!

Jooser
11-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Speaking of Non-Calls, how about Ed Reed's elbow to the head of a sliding QB?

:wft

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2010, 11:01 AM

That was 100 times worse than James Harrison's shoulder-to-back hit of Drew Brees in the pocket that cost him 20 grand.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-12-2010, 11:08 AM

That was 100 times worse than James Harrison's shoulder-to-back hit of Drew Brees in the pocket that cost him 20 grand.

And 15 yards.

Iron Shiek
11-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Right when the Ravens scored to take the lead, I was all ready to come on here and complain about the difference between the Steelers and the Ravens. I was going to say that the Ravens are good because they get better as the game goes on and we are going to struggle because as was evident vs the Bungles, we got worse as the game went on (some of it injury related, but we've seen this turtle ball horror movie before <ha>).

But then the Ravens proceeded to shat down their leg in epic fashion, which made me think...hmmm they are just like us!

I've never been sold on the Rats or Flacco and none of their pre and early season hype. While I did think that the Bengals would finish second and rats third (which is clearly wrong), I do still think the Rats will choke (same with the Jets). Inconsistent QB play will not get you far.

AngryAsian
11-12-2010, 11:32 AM
I have never understood the media's fascination with Flacco. So what if his dimensions are what most owners would want in their franchise QB. But desirable height, weight and arm strength is not all that it takes to make it in the NFL, otherwise Ryan Leaf would be legendary by now. Flacco is fortunate that he stepped into the right situation... without the established defense he'd be nothing. To me he's a slightly younger Derek Anderson and look how he's progressed under the Browns/Cardinals banner. But throughout all this the media just loves this guy and tries to put him in the Matt Ryan category. I think Ryan is a special talent, far and beyond Flacco's mediocre skills.

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2010, 11:35 AM
I have never understood the media's fascination with Flacco. So what if his dimensions are what most owners would want in their franchise QB. But desirable height, weight and arm strength is not all that it takes to make it in the NFL, otherwise Ryan Leaf would be legendary by now. Flacco is fortunate that he stepped into the right situation... without the established defense he'd be nothing. To me he's a slightly younger Derek Anderson and look how he's progressed under the Browns/Cardinals banner. But throughout all this the media just loves this guy and tries to put him in the Matt Ryan category. I think Ryan is a special talent, far and beyond Flacco's mediocre skills.

Flacco is better than Ryan at combine-type throwing skills.

Ryan is better than Flacco at actually quarterbacking in real games.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-12-2010, 11:37 AM
But throughout all this the media just loves this guy and tries to put him in the Matt Ryan category. I think Ryan is a special talent, far and beyond Flacco's mediocre skills.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but how many times did the announcer call Matt Ryan "Flacco" last night? Must have happened at least 3 times that I heard and I did not watch the whole game.

Steelgal
11-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Ravens seems to have similiar problems as us. Poor O-line play, although they haven't been decimated with injuries like we have. I believe other than Gaither who's out, they are all their starters. Also their wide receivers can't get open, especially when there's pressure and Flacco needs a hot read. Both offenses seem to start off slow as well.

As for their defense, when they can't generate pressure on the quarterback, their secondary is average, at best. Reed and Lewis are still good players, but not great anymore IMO.

I would love to have a kicker though who constantly kicks it into the endzone.

proudpittsburgher
11-12-2010, 11:47 AM

I heard the "what is he supposed to do, change his course in midair?" excuse being bandied around, and I don't necessarily disagree with them, but Harison never gets the benefit of the doubt with that excuse, so neither should reed. And I don't know if it was intentional, but it appeard as if Ed Reed threw the elbow in on purpose.

proudpittsburgher
11-12-2010, 11:49 AM

Bingo, and that is my problem with Flacco. It is an unmeasurable, an intangible, adn I don't think that Flacco has it.

Steelgal
11-12-2010, 12:02 PM

Bingo, and that is my problem with Flacco. It is an unmeasurable, an intangible, adn I don't think that Flacco has it.

Flacco several times last night on the sideline just looked lost. It always seems as if his heads not in the game. It should have been HIM on the sidelines, not Boldin, trying to fire up the offense and yelling. I rarely see him looking at pictures on the sidelines after a bad series, or even talking to his fellow teammates. Granted, I don't watch a lot of their games, but this is even the general consensus of Rats fans from what I've read.

To be a great quarterback, you don't have to yell or scream, but you need to be a leader/motivator and he, IMO isn't. He's an upgrade over Boller and so many other bad qbs they've had, but will never be elite....

proudpittsburgher
11-12-2010, 12:25 PM

Flacco several times last night on the sideline just looked lost. It always seems as if his heads not in the game. It should have been HIM on the sidelines, not Boldin, trying to fire up the offense and yelling. I rarely see him looking at pictures on the sidelines after a bad series, or even talking to his fellow teammates. Granted, I don't watch a lot of their games, but this is even the general consensus of Rats fans from what I've read.

To be a great quarterback, you don't have to yell or scream, but you need to be a leader/motivator and he, IMO isn't. He's an upgrade over Boller and so many other bad qbs they've had, but will never be elite....

I said the same thing to my wife when I saw that last night. And worse than him not doing the talking, he kind of just stood there and had this "I'm getting yelled at" look on his face. Not what I want out of a leader.

focosteeler
11-12-2010, 01:34 PM
But throughout all this the media just loves this guy and tries to put him in the Matt Ryan category. I think Ryan is a special talent, far and beyond Flacco's mediocre skills.

I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but how many times did the announcer call Matt Ryan "Flacco" last night? Must have happened at least 3 times that I heard and I did not watch the whole game.

yeah i heard it too...ive never been really into watching the games they play on NFL network, i don't like the announcers. if i do i usally watch it on mute

focosteeler
11-12-2010, 01:36 PM

See, that's the way i saw it also. Mutual contact and White was just stronger and better balanced. White probably pushed off a little at the end but he disguised it well by pushing Wilson downward and not just shoving him sideways. Veteran savvy.

even if he wouldn't of fallen over white still ran the route perfectly. it might not of gone for a TD but it wouldve been easy fg

RuthlessBurgher
11-12-2010, 02:40 PM

yeah i heard it too...ive never been really into watching the games they play on NFL network, i don't like the announcers. if i do i usally watch it on mute

Bob Papa is a solid play-by-play guy, but Joe Theismann and Matt Millen are just plain awful. The 3 man booth is a bad idea to begin with, but when neither of your color guys have any measure of credibility, it is most assuredly worse.

NJ-STEELER
11-14-2010, 02:48 PM

like any rat, i cant stand him.

but, he did drive his team to 2 TDs in in the last 5 mins of the game. i think his 4 very deep receiver depth helps him a lot too