PDA

View Full Version : 6 Years later, Roethlisberger still admires Brady

LordVile
11-11-2010, 06:34 PM
PITTSBURGH (AP)
Tom Brady's statistics didn't wow Ben Roethlisberger as much as his winning did.

When Roethlisberger joined the Steelers in 2004, he considered the Patriots' Brady to be the NFL's pre-eminent quarterback. Certainly, Brady's numbers were good enough, but it was his won-lost percentage and will to win that most impressed the ever-competitive Roethlisberger.

Six years later, Roethlisberger has won two Super Bowls himself, putting him only one behind Brady. Still, his opinion hasn't changed - to Roethlisberger, the quarterback he'll oppose Sunday night in Heinz Field is the NFL's gold standard.

The record's the reason.

Despite his own success, Roethlisberger is 2-3 against New England, with one win coming when Brady was injured. Brady, by contrast, is 5-1 against Pittsburgh.

Ozey74
11-11-2010, 06:56 PM
In that 1 win over the Pats that came when Marsha was injured, Cassell put up over 400 pass yards on us.

Shocked that were favored by 5. I don't think we should be underdogs, but 5?

:tt2

proudpittsburgher
11-11-2010, 07:08 PM
In that 1 win over the Pats that came when Marsha was injured, Cassell put up over 400 pass yards on us.

I know I'll be more nervous about this game some Sunday, but I really think that we will win this game by a comfortable margin. And by comfortable, I mean by Steelers standards . . . 9 or more. :) Unless the Pats* open it up and try more downfield passes, they will have trouble moving the ball against us. If we run well against them, look out, this offense is ready to break out.

SteelAbility
11-11-2010, 07:19 PM
I think the Pats dink-dunk game is going to give us problems. I hope I'm wrong, but the blueprint for going against this D has been dink-dunk for quite a while now and the Pats are about as good as it gets at that.

Other than that, I like the fact that Ben's focus is in the right place ... Ws, not stats. Yet another sign that we have a great QB in Pittsburgh. The Brady part I don't really care for though. 8)

SteelCrazy
11-11-2010, 07:22 PM
This is a game that I think we will lose and this is unusual for me because I always feel we are going to win.

Marsha Bieber will pick us apart on downs we dont get to him. I think they'll take the same approach the Saints did and pass 85% or more. Hurry up offense from Bellychick would not surprise me as we have shown a weakness for that as well.

Pats- 27
Pitt- 28

steelblood
11-12-2010, 12:05 AM
you are crazy, steelcrazy.

you pick the pats and the steelers to win.

SteelCrazy
11-12-2010, 12:16 AM

lol......I couldn't bring myself to predict a score favoring the Pats....Had to go Steelers!

SteelAbility
11-12-2010, 12:51 AM

I noticed the same thing. That being said, steelcrazy is a perfect candidate for politician. :lol:

DanRooney
11-12-2010, 03:50 AM

No he didn't. Cassell put up 400 yards in each of the 2 games prior to playing us. He only put up 169 against us with 0 TDs and 2 INTs. We won the game 33-10...

SidSmythe
11-12-2010, 06:43 AM

No he didn't. Cassell put up 400 yards in each of the 2 games prior to playing us. He only put up 169 against us with 0 TDs and 2 INTs. We won the game 33-10...

I was going to check into this b/c I think we only gave up 1 game of over 300 yards Total Offense (against the Cowgirls) that year.

1st and Goal--
11-13-2010, 02:21 PM
http://library.kraftsportsgroup.com/200 ... mebook.pdf (http://library.kraftsportsgroup.com/20081130_gamebook.pdf)

Cassell had a bad day. Hmm! Ben was not a heck of a lot better. LOL

Now I'm wondering how were going to play Sunday.

Are we going to be a a well oiled, smooth, relentless juggernaut or a

sputtering, clunking, backfiring shmuckenspiel. [Don't ask---I'm not even sure what a juggernaut is but whatever it is--- a shmuckenspiel is the opposite. LMAO

1st and Goal--
11-14-2010, 06:39 AM
http://library.kraftsportsgroup.com/20081130_gamebook.pdf

Cassell had a bad day. Hmm! Ben was not a heck of a lot better. LOL

Now I'm wondering how were going to play Sunday.

Are we going to be a a well oiled, smooth, relentless juggernaut or a

sputtering, clunking, backfiring shmuckenspiel. [Don't ask---I'm not even sure what a juggernaut is but whatever it is--- a shmuckenspiel is the opposite. LMAO

This is an amendment to the above post, which had a link to the gamebook to the 2008 Steelers vs Pats game confirming that Cassell threw for l69 yards.

The change is the term "schmuckenspiel" which describes an inept offense has been changed to "schmuckswagen"