PDA

View Full Version : Another uninformed member of the media….

Dee Dub
11-10-2010, 06:11 PM
Pittsburgh (6-2)

Summary: Entering the season, a 4-4 record would have been considered peachy considering quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was serving a four-game suspension for off-field conduct issues. The Steelers instead exceeded expectations with a 3-1 start in Roethlisberger’s absence and have continued to play at a high level.

MVP: Running back Rashard Mendenhall. Even with the Steelers starting four different quarterbacks so far (Roethlisberger, Byron Leftwich, Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon), Mendenhall’s production has remained consistent. Possessor of a lethal spin move, Mendenhall has rushed for 702 yards and seven touchdowns. His biggest carry was a 50-yard jaunt for a touchdown in the season-opening overtime win against Atlanta.

Biggest disappointment: Kicker Jeff Reed. The Steelers cherished Reed enough to designate him their franchise player in 2010. Reed, though, isn’t performing like a kicker worthy of a one-year, $2.8 million deal. Reed has made a measly 70 percent of his field-goal attempts and missed a 46-yard attempt Monday night against Cincinnati.

Outlook: The Steelers will only get better as Roethlisberger grows increasingly comfortable in the offense. Roethlisberger already looked in midseason form dodging Bengals defenders in a 27-21 victory.

Grade: B

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL- ... rds-110910 (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-AFC-midseason-report-cards-110910)

How embarrassing. Byron Leftwich hasn't even played a snap for the Steelers this year.

Crash
11-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Mendenhall being labeled consistent is laughable also.

Their MVP IMO is Timmons.

sd steel
11-10-2010, 07:46 PM
Mendenhall being labeled consistent is laughable also.

Their MVP IMO is Timmons.

I agree Timmons is the MVP, but Mendenhall has been consistent when the blocking scheme doesn't break down. Pretty hard to be consistent when you are getting hit at the line of scrimmage, and yet he is making hard yards on his own.

Dee Dub
11-10-2010, 07:54 PM
I am not knocking Timmons...I too agree he is having a great year...but there is no one on this defense who is more of an MVP than James Harrison. Timmons doesnt get held half the time or double teamed the other half.

Opposing offenses fear James Harrison. They game plan to stop him from getting to the QB.

papillon
11-10-2010, 10:29 PM
I am not knocking Timmons...I too agree he is having a great year...but there is no one on this defense who is more of an MVP than James Harrison. Timmons doesnt get held half the time or double teamed the other half.

Opposing offenses fear James Harrison. They game plan to stop him from getting to the QB.

To be fair to Timmons his job isn't rushing the quarterback. His job is to shed tackles and make tackles and he's doing that at an extremely high rate right now, throw in the INTs, FFs and passes defensed and he needs to be accounted for on every play or he'll make every play.

Pappy