PDA

View Full Version : Someone deserves better.

Chadman
11-10-2010, 09:12 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... abbbenched (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-mcnabbbenched)

No matter your opinion of the guy, to even suggest that Grossman is better in a 2 minute drill is disrespectful. Never liked Shanahan that much, and this does nothing to elevate his status to Chadman.

That said, there is obviously evidence now that McNabb's time is almost done. He might bounce around for a little while yet, but his days of being 'significant' as an NFL QB appear to be running out.

J Dogg
11-10-2010, 09:59 AM
New coach, same old 'Skins.

And Shanahan is full of ****. You can't tell me he didn't nurse Old Man Elway in his last few years in Denver.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-10-2010, 10:01 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-mcnabbbenched

No matter your opinion of the guy, to even suggest that Grossman is better in a 2 minute drill is disrespectful. Never liked Shanahan that much, and this does nothing to elevate his status to Chadman.

That said, there is obviously evidence now that McNabb's time is almost done. He might bounce around for a little while yet, but his days of being 'significant' as an NFL QB appear to be running out.

Despite his appearance, Andy Reid is a smart football guy. There is no way that he trades Donny boy to a hated division rival if he had any thought that it could bite him in his fat ass. To me that was the one solid guarantee that he has nothing left.

feltdizz
11-10-2010, 11:21 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-redskins-mcnabbbenched

Despite his appearance, Andy Reid is a smart football guy. There is no way that he trades Donny boy to a hated division rival if he had any thought that it could bite him in his fat bad word. To me that was the one solid guarantee that he has nothing left.

I don't think McNabb is done. Is he on the down side of his career? Yep... but his WR's are tiny and Shanahan is an idiot, and who is the OC? His son...

I think Reid moved a player to the highest bidder and knew the Skin's are "the skins"

..and Philly lost to the Redskins already this year so I think this is more of a Shanahan debacle.

Also have to laugh at Shanahan moving the $100 million dollar dominating DT to NT in a 3-4. While Albert was painted as a lazy crying bum he had a point. NT's get none of the glory and Casey Hampton's best year had 2 sacks and he is seen as a premiere NT. Fans in Washington are screaming about the lack of production by Haynesworth.... LOL. They have no idea what a NT's duty is in a 3-4.

aggiebones
11-10-2010, 11:42 AM
Yes, McNabb is running out of ability, but dang, Grossman, cold off the bench in crunchtime?

That is LUDICROUS. I have no dog in this fight. If you were worried about McNabb's 'heart rate' then give Grossman a series each half. Not at crunchtime. McNabb maybe isn't the best QB ever in the league, but he's had a few comebacks. He's blown a few sure, but they knew that when they got him.

J Dogg
11-10-2010, 12:01 PM
If Reid was as smart as people think he is, he'd stop playing musical QBs in Philly. Maybe he would have tried to develop a running game at some point in the last decade.

Starlifter
11-10-2010, 12:07 PM
all I know is McNabb has been a very good but not great QB. If you don't win a championship you can compensate with stats - but even his overall stats have been nothing more than average.

now, does he make the HOF???................. :stirpot :stirpot

ikestops85
11-10-2010, 12:17 PM
all I know is McNabb has been a very good but not great QB. If you don't win a championship you can compensate with stats - but even his overall stats have been nothing more than average.

I think McNabb has been a great QB. Aside from Westbrook he hasn't had any weapons to work with in Philly. The year they got him T.O. they went to the SB. He doesn't have great stats like a Marino but he seems to have led his team to victory many times. He is under-rated in my book.

feltdizz
11-10-2010, 12:37 PM

4 NFC championship appearances and he had some of the worst WR's ever... can anyone name 2? As soon as they get him a weapon in Deshaun Jackson they move McNabb.

He has done much more with much less. Imagine if they ran a few times and AR didn't use all his time outs in the 1st quarter every game.

Living in Philly I was amazed how bad AR was on gameday... he is a terrible game day coach IMO.

Crash
11-10-2010, 12:40 PM
New coach, same old 'Skins.

And Shanahan is full of bad word. You can't tell me he didn't nurse Old Man Elway in his last few years in Denver.

Elway has some of his best seasons from 1993-1998.

Look at Elway from 1983-1992.

Then look at him after Reeves' left.