PDA

View Full Version : The Despised Patriots Are Next

ter1230_4
11-09-2010, 08:00 PM
There are a lot of reasons why I absolutely despise the New England Patriots and Tom Brady. They beat the Steelers in two home AFFCG games, Brady is a whining POS, etc. But the one memory that has stuck in my mind for some reason is during the 2007 game at New England, the year NE went undefeated in the regular season. Anthony Smith made some stupid comments the week of the game, and then Brady totally used Smith on a play action pass that went for a long TD, and after the play was over Brady ran 50 yards down field. Not to congratulate the receiver for the TD catch, but to get right in Smith's face and taunt him. Another Steeler actually had to shove Brady away from Smith. I remember thinking at the time that it was the lowest class I had ever seen a "star" QB exhibit, and that if his name had been something other than Tom Brady he would have picked up the 15 yard taunting penalty that he so richly deserved. So here is hoping that the Steelers beat the crap out of the Patriots and Brady on Sunday night.

AngryAsian
11-09-2010, 08:16 PM
I see where your coming from... but Anthony "Kill Switch" Smith was a trash talking punk and if one of their secondary guys were talking smack, giving guarantees that they would win prior to facing us.... you can bet that all of Steeler Nation would revere Ben as god if he were to do the same. There are plenty of reasons why I hate Bellichump and his cheating team... but this one instance you highlighted, I completely think Brady was in the right... that's what a leader does to ignite his team. I have no issues with it.

jj28west
11-09-2010, 08:29 PM
If you recall he was walking backwards and bumped into James Harrison. I also hate the Pats* for all the same reasons. Gotta watch out for the tight ends in this game. The Hernandez kid is the real deal.

ter1230_4
11-09-2010, 08:59 PM
you can bet that all of Steeler Nation would revere Ben as god if he were to do the same.

Maybe we would revere Big Ben for throwing the long TD pass against the trash talking DB, but I think we would be embarrassed to see him run half the length of the field to taunt that same DB. Celebrate and chortle as much as you like on your sideline, but try to show a little class. Brady has no class, and that incident is but one example.

AngryAsian
11-09-2010, 09:08 PM
you can bet that all of Steeler Nation would revere Ben as god if he were to do the same.

Maybe we would revere Big Ben for throwing the long TD pass against the trash talking DB, but I think we would be embarrassed to see him run half the length of the field to taunt that same DB. Celebrate and chortle as much as you like on your sideline, but try to show a little class. Brady has no class, and that incident is but one example.

I guess you don't remember this:

This is what I love about a leader that wears the Steeler uniform...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4swpTYFzo_8

ter1230_4
11-09-2010, 09:33 PM
You just proved my point. Why did Lambert throw Cliff Harris down? Because he was in Gerela's face taunting him about missing the FG. That's exactly what Brady did in 07, but there wasn't a Lambert around to throw Brady to the ground. I'm sorry, but true leaders of championship football teams don't waste their time taunting other players, especially when they have to run half the length of the football field to do so.

AngryAsian
11-09-2010, 09:57 PM
You just proved my point. Why did Lambert throw Cliff Harris down? Because he was in Gerela's face taunting him about missing the FG. That's exactly what Brady did in 07, but there wasn't a Lambert around to throw Brady to the ground. I'm sorry, but true leaders of championship football teams don't waste their time taunting other players, especially when they have to run half the length of the football field to do so.

Your fixated on the taunt. What I'm saying is that Brady did what ever he needed to do fire up his team. If some Anquan Boldin was trash talking prior the game, and James Harrison or Ryan Clark put a hit on him to shove his taunts right up his arse, then I have no problem with that. Brady did just that. In fact what Smith did got him not only benched but eventually off the team. Talking smack before the game is bush league. Brady did what any leader would do. Hate them for whatever reason you want to...
As for Lambert he always taunted and huffed... anything to keep his opponents off their game. Brady in that instance was right, his team responded and we got killed because instead of prepping for the game, Smith ran his mouth.

I hate Bellichik. He's a putz and without Brady his "genius" wouldn't get the accolades he apparently gets. I want the Steelers to exact some revenge for the the two AFCCG we could of won if they weren't taping us.

stlrz d
11-09-2010, 11:11 PM
All Smith said was that if they do what they are supposed to do they will win. What player doesn't think that? Or even say it?

ter1230_4
11-09-2010, 11:14 PM
What I'm saying is that Brady did what ever he needed to do fire up his team. If some Anquan Boldin was trash talking prior the game, and James Harrison or Ryan Clark put a hit on him to shove his taunts right up his arse, then I have no problem with that

And I have no problem with the ACTION, whether it be Brady throwing the long TD pass against Smith, or Lambert trhrowing down Cliff Harris, or in your example, Harrison or Clark making big hits. I agree that ACTIONS like that fire up a football team. But the taunting is childish and immature, especially when Brady ran half the length of the field to do it. By the way, did you ever see Jack Lambert play football? Because if you had, you would know that Jack Lambert was a man, not a child, and he let his play do his talking for him. He may have responded to words, but he sure as hell never embarrassed himself by taunting other players like Brady taunted Smith.

grotonsteel
11-09-2010, 11:56 PM
Fcuk Brady and Bellicheat....and screw those NE fans ....complete trash talking people...

I hate NE more than Baltimore...

I still don't get what thrash talking Kill Switch did??

He was completely forced by media to answer that.....

Do you think you will win?
AS: Yes
You guarantee it?
AS: Yes i guarantee a win

Marsha had no right to trash talk Kill Switch by running down half the field.....MArsha should have been called out for that..but he was called a hero...Trash Talking to a rookie is great right... :roll:

And fcuk those biased media...they never say anythin bad about thrash talking Marsha...

Remember superb quote from MArsha during SB:

We will score more than 17 points....yeah right.. :roll

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-10-2010, 02:41 AM
I see where your coming from... but Anthony "Kill Switch" Smith was a trash talking punk and if one of their secondary guys were talking smack, giving guarantees that they would win prior to facing us.... you can bet that all of Steeler Nation would revere Ben as god if he were to do the same. There are plenty of reasons why I hate Bellichump and his cheating team... but this one instance you highlighted, I completely think Brady was in the right... that's what a leader does to ignite his team. I have no issues with it.

That whole "trash talking" stuff got thrown way out of proportion. Smith said that if the Steelers played their game as well as they can then they could win. A reporter asked if that was a guarantee, and he said yes. Next thing you know the headlines are reporting that Smith guarantees victory. Another case of media overhype.

As far as what Lambert did vs. what Brady did, Lambert saw someone getting into his kickers face and he got him out of it. Brady was the one who ran down the entire length of the field to get into Smith's face unprovoked. Forget about what happened in the weeks leading up to the game. On the field Harris got on Gerela. Smith wasn't on anyone when he got the Brady bull.

AngryAsian
11-10-2010, 04:10 AM
What I'm saying is that Brady did what ever he needed to do fire up his team. If some Anquan Boldin was trash talking prior the game, and James Harrison or Ryan Clark put a hit on him to shove his taunts right up his arse, then I have no problem with that

And I have no problem with the ACTION, whether it be Brady throwing the long TD pass against Smith, or Lambert trhrowing down Cliff Harris, or in your example, Harrison or Clark making big hits. I agree that ACTIONS like that fire up a football team. But the taunting is childish and immature, especially when Brady ran half the length of the field to do it. By the way, did you ever see Jack Lambert play football? Because if you had, you would know that Jack Lambert was a man, not a child, and he let his play do his talking for him. He may have responded to words, but he sure as hell never embarrassed himself by taunting other players like Brady taunted Smith.

Yes sir, I did see him play and intimidation was part of his game. He would often get in peoples faces and jack his jaw, intimidate snarl and drool (Elway was quoted as to saying this once). As far as the whole 'was a man' comment, I don't think any Steeler fan would argue that he was a player of phenomenal talent. When teammates described him, the words 'instinctual and smart' were often used. But his tough guy persona was nurtured by his action on and off the field. Books have been written noting his bar room brawls.... but yes, he let his play do his talking, but anybody you talked to who is old enough to remember seeing this guy play and who is not wearing Black and Gold colored glasses will tell you that besides being one of the greatest to ever play the position, Jack Lambert was mean force of intimidation, both with words and actions.

NW Steeler
11-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I am more amped up for this game than any other one this year except for the rematch in Baltimore. Like most if not all Steelers fans, I HATE the Pats. I hope that Woodley, Harrison and Timmons drop the freakin' hammer on these guys, and I want to see Brady picking the Heinz turf out of his earhole! Or any other hole for that matter! We are surely going to get NE's best shot in this one since the Browns stuck it to them. I'd love to see Mendy get 200 on these chumps.

Shoe
11-11-2010, 12:32 AM
There are a lot of reasons why I absolutely despise the New England Patriots and Tom Brady. They beat the Steelers in two home AFFCG games*

Gotta correct your comment there. They didn't "beat" the Steelers--they cheated.

bam morris's lawyer
11-11-2010, 05:47 AM
I hate the patriots more than any team in professional sports. I wish somebody would knock brady's brain against the back of his skull so hard that he can't look a lightbulb until next may. I will admit that I respect the patriots, and their commitment, even with spygate. And I will say that some of the hatred is because the steelers may well have won 2 more superbowls if not for them, and their cameras. But I despised them long before spygate broke. They are the one team that seems to consistently pick apart our secondary, and out-scheme Lebeau. They dink and dunk us right down the field. We did lay a serious beating on them 2 years ago(minus Brady), and in 06, but we have never beaten them in a post-season game in 20 years. I think this team needs to get the monkey off it's back, and maul Tom Brady. We need to embarrass this team like Baltimore did in the playoffs last year. The Patriots are not as dominant as they were in their heyday, and their defense has not been good for some time. We need to play our first complete game of the season, and punch this effin' team in the mouth. Please make it so, Tomlin/Lebeau.

papillon
11-11-2010, 06:48 AM

Yes sir, I did see him play and intimidation was part of his game. He would often get in peoples faces and jack his jaw, intimidate snarl and drool (Elway was quoted as to saying this once). As far as the whole 'was a man' comment, I don't think any Steeler fan would argue that he was a player of phenomenal talent. When teammates described him, the words 'instinctual and smart' were often used. But his tough guy persona was nurtured by his action on and off the field. Books have been written noting his bar room brawls.... but yes, he let his play do his talking, but anybody you talked to who is old enough to remember seeing this guy play and who is not wearing Black and Gold colored glasses will tell you that besides being one of the greatest to ever play the position, Jack Lambert was mean force of intimidation, both with words and actions.

I did get to see him play and often back in the day. He intimidated on the field with words and actions not based on something that was said in the media in the week leading up to a game. Now, he may have played hungrier and jackjawed opponents that said things during the week, but I don't recall him running down the field searching out a specific player based on comments and trash talked to him.

Pappy

SidSmythe
11-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Hump The Patriots!!!

I'm over 2007 cuz I watched them get beat in the Superbowl and all the talk was over.

Now it's 2010 and New England got pounded in Cleveland and the same will happen in Pittsburgh.

feltdizz
11-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I hate the Pats more than any other team in the NFL. Even when we need them to win I'm on the fence....

Kill Switch wasn't trash talking he was just a rookie who got tricked into guaranteeing a victory on TV.

"If we do everything right we will win."

what player doesn't think that? I really hope we get to Brady and put him in the dirt a few times. I hate him. His ego is insane.

SteelAbility
11-11-2010, 11:16 AM
Hump The Patriots!!!

I'm over 2007 cuz I watched them get beat in the Superbowl and all the talk was over.

Now it's 2010 and New England got pounded in Cleveland and the same will happen in Pittsburgh.

I hop you're right, but I'm not seeing it. NE's offensive strength (dink-dunk) aligns right up with our defensive weakness. It has been the blueprint against the Steelers for quite a while now. I see a tight game. God forbit it come down to field goals ... you know with Reed and his stellar performance this year. :roll: