PDA

View Full Version : Starks may be out for the season

SteelBucks
11-09-2010, 06:44 PM
Steelers tackle Max Starks has a serious neck injury involving a disc and may not play again this season.

Starks was consulting with doctors late today to determine if the injury required surgery, or if it would heal over time without surgery using physical therapy instead, a source close to Starks told the Post-Gazette.

The source emphasized that the injury does not threaten Starks career.

Starks, the Steelers starting left tackle, left Monday night's game in Cincinnati with what coach Mike Tomlin described as "stingers" in his neck. He returned to play but then left the game for good. Tomlin again described Starks' injury as a "stinger" at his press conference today.

But an MRI later showed it to be a more serious injury of a disc in the upper verterbrae or neck area.

Starks, 28, is in his seventh season with the Steelers. He has started the past three seasons at left tackle and also started two seasons at right tackle.

The Steelers lost their starting right tackle, Willie Colon, to an injury in June.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10313/11 ... z14pOfwid8 (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10313/1101965-100.stm#ixzz14pOfwid8)

grotonsteel
11-09-2010, 06:49 PM
That is bad news...I definitely don't want Scott as a starting LT..

cfc107
11-09-2010, 06:53 PM
I guess that means we are keeping Chris Scott on our roster.

JAR
11-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Disk problem in his neck. No link, per KDKA

SteelBucks
11-09-2010, 06:55 PM
I'm not sure what the Steelers will do to protect Ben's blind side. Move Adams, start Scott or Hills? We don't really have a lot of good options.

NW Steeler
11-09-2010, 06:56 PM
The injuries that are piling up may prove to be our undoing. I was sick to my stomach when Pouncey left the game last night. Then Kemo. Then Starks. Yikes!

Discipline of Steel
11-09-2010, 07:08 PM
The injuries that are piling up may prove to be our undoing. I was sick to my stomach when Pouncey left the game last night. Then Kemo. Then Starks. Yikes!

And all for a victory over the cheesy Bengals...kind of inglorious.

Iron Shiek
11-09-2010, 07:17 PM
[quote="NW Steeler":1psa1i75]The injuries that are piling up may prove to be our undoing. I was sick to my stomach when Pouncey left the game last night. Then Kemo. Then Starks. Yikes!

And all for a victory over the cheesy Bengals...kind of inglorious.[/quote:1psa1i75]

Not to mention 3 concussions (Allen, Redman, Moore). That was a bloody game for us.

We've lost a lot of player games. Can't be as bad as Panthers, but its gotta be up there when you add it all up.

NorthCoast
11-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Actually Scott did not play half bad in his time on the line. Let's see what the tape says...

steelblood
11-09-2010, 08:04 PM
Let's just take a breath and wait to see what happens next.

Chadman
11-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Probably move adams to LT, play Scott at RT. Or move Essex to either LT or RT & play Legursky.

LEGURSKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

papillon
11-09-2010, 10:05 PM
The Steelers won games without their best player on offense. Hopefully, they can win games without Max Starks. If they can't, the Steelers are overpaying Ben or underpaying Starks. :P

Pappy

SteelBucks
11-10-2010, 01:11 AM
According to TIOPS, Starks will be placed on IR Wednesday and Scott will take his place at LT.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-10-2010, 02:32 AM
According to TIOPS, Starks will be placed on IR Wednesday and Scott will take his place at LT.

Wow, Scott would not have been at the top of my list.

J Dogg
11-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Max needs to take care of himself right now. It might suck, but I'd rather see him take care of himself instead of ending up with serious health issues later in his life.

The team's going to rally behind this and the line will step up their game to make up for losing Max.

Oviedo
11-10-2010, 09:10 AM
All the Starks bashers will now see how good and importnat he was to this team. Except for Ben, this is the one season ending injury that may be hardest for us to deal with.

I have to suspect that this will seriously limit our formations because you will almost have to have an extra TE on the field to help whoever takes Starks' place. OT was always a priority in the next draft but it just shot to the top of the list.

Who is the OL-man that the Colts cut? Wonder if he is still out there.

J Dogg
11-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Tackle was already a need postition. It all depends on how great the need is.

Joseph Barksdale looks like a first round guy or we could get someone like Demarcus Love who'll need some work but has all the skills.

Oviedo
11-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Found the name I forgot from the Colts...Tony Ugoh!! I think he is still out on the market.

Also, I don't think that Ciron Black ever did sign with anyone out of LSU. That one is really wierd.

SteelerNation1
11-10-2010, 10:45 AM
The wildcard in all of this may be Trai Essex. He has looked decent at LT in the past. We could survive w/ him out there. I heard Shefter report Max is getting a 2nd opinion