PDA

View Full Version : Will we see Dwyer this week?

Oviedo
11-09-2010, 03:38 PM
Both Redman and Moore have concussions. Status unknown for Sunday. Could put a huge burden on the RBs and especially Mendy. Hopefully Dwyer is ready.

Could we see FWP return if Redman and Moore can't go????????

pfelix73
11-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Can he play FB? We need a FB.

:tt1

grotonsteel
11-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Dwyer Time....

Steelers should be able to run against Patty defense.

jj28west
11-09-2010, 08:33 PM
FWP is in the back of my mind also. Knows the offense so it would make sense even if he may have declined.

flippy
11-10-2010, 09:04 AM
We could take a look at some PS guys around the league. How bout a Chris Henry who's on Seattle's PS?

Oviedo
11-10-2010, 09:19 AM
The recent injuries have put the Steelers in a tricky situation with regards to roster moves. If Starks is placed on IR that clearly opens a space. However the RB situation is much more of a challenge.

If neither Redman or Moore can play then you will be down two RBs. You make Dwyer active but that only fills one spot. You would then need to cut someone to add another RB who would likely only be a short term solution once Redman and Moore come back.

Not feeling good about the injuries we have going into a game against one of the top teams in the NFL.

Ghost
11-10-2010, 09:25 AM
I was happy when the Steelers grabbed Dwyer after watching him play for Georgia Tech. I thought they had gotten a steal that late in the draft. Then he looked terrible to start camp. He turned it around towards the end and the Steelers saw something in him - the talent he flashed every week in college.

I think this kid can play in the NFL. He's better than anyone on a practice squad. Let's see what he can do. Use him on runs and catches out of the backfield.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-10-2010, 10:46 AM
I would say yes. I don't think both Redman & Moore will be cleared. Button the chin strap Dwyer...It's your turn to get noticed.

RuthlessBurgher
11-10-2010, 11:17 AM
The recent injuries have put the Steelers in a tricky situation with regards to roster moves. If Starks is placed on IR that clearly opens a space. However the RB situation is much more of a challenge.

If neither Redman or Moore can play then you will be down two RBs. You make Dwyer active but that only fills one spot. You would then need to cut someone to add another RB who would likely only be a short term solution once Redman and Moore come back.

Not feeling good about the injuries we have going into a game against one of the top teams in the NFL.

Well, since we activated Chris Scott from the PUP when we put Max on I.R., that must mean that the team is satisfied that the concussions for Moore and/or Redman are relatively minor and one or the other or both should be able to play this week. If only Mendenhall and Dwyer were available, then they likely would have filled Max's spot with a 3rd RB option for this week (I think they'd promote Tank from the practice squad before considering FWP) while Moore/Redman sit out.

Oviedo
11-10-2010, 11:23 AM

Well, since we activated Chris Scott from the PUP when we put Max on I.R., that must mean that the team is satisfied that the concussions for Moore and/or Redman are relatively minor and one or the other or both should be able to play this week. If only Mendenhall and Dwyer were available, then they likely would have filled Max's spot with a 3rd RB option for this week (I think they'd promote Tank from the practice squad before considering FWP) while Moore/Redman sit out.

I guess we could cut Moore on one of those wink and nod deals and activate Summers from the PS for one game. Moore won't get picked up by anyone and Summers would likely easily clear waivers to get back on the PS. Still a couple of days to see how the RB situation plays out. I sure hope they don't go onto the game with two back up RBs both of which have just had concussions 6 days prior. Seems like they would really be tempting fate if one of those guys got dinged again.

I guess in a real emergency ARE could always play RB, probably not good.

aggiebones
11-10-2010, 11:40 AM
I would assume that Moore and/or Redman can handle their few plays a game. We might even need to activate an extra OL this week.

We the hell does the NFL restrict the number of guys that can be activated? OK, I see have a roster limit of 53 of whatever, but why can't they all be active? Am I missing something?

flippy
11-10-2010, 02:20 PM

I guess we could cut Moore on one of those wink and nod deals and activate Summers from the PS for one game. Moore won't get picked up by anyone and Summers would likely easily clear waivers to get back on the PS. Still a couple of days to see how the RB situation plays out. I sure hope they don't go onto the game with two back up RBs both of which have just had concussions 6 days prior. Seems like they would really be tempting fate if one of those guys got dinged again.

The second we cut Moore, he'd have an offer from NE.

Stewie
11-10-2010, 02:28 PM
Dwyer, if he sees the field, better be in to run the ball ONLY. He sucks at blitz pick-up. Ben will get killed with a sub at LT and a poor pass blocker at RT.

Oviedo
11-10-2010, 02:55 PM

Would we really be a weaker team if that happened? How much is he really helping us now?

RuthlessBurgher
11-10-2010, 03:02 PM

If we cut Moore the week that Kevin Faulk was lost for the year, then yeah, I could see that.

But since then, Danny Woodhead has taken over that role, and he is doing it quite well. In fact, I think Woodhead has replaced Faulk on a permanent basis. They would have no need for Mewelde at this point.

focosteeler
11-10-2010, 03:07 PM
I would say yes. I don't think both Redman & Moore will be cleared. Button the chin strap Dwyer...It's your turn to get noticed. :Steel
:tt1 :tt1

Shawn
11-10-2010, 06:21 PM
I hope the Steelers are in the market for a fullback in two years. When Zach Boren graduates from OSU he would be a very nice prospect. I'm not sure I have ever seen anyone pancake so many defenders in my life. The guy can run as well...just wish the Bucks would hand him the ball.

fordfixer
11-10-2010, 10:05 PM

If we cut Moore the week that Kevin Faulk was lost for the year, then yeah, I could see that.

But since then, Danny Woodhead has taken over that role, and he is doing it quite well. In fact, I think Woodhead has replaced Faulk on a permanent basis. They would have no need for Mewelde at this point.

Are you sure? They can't use the video tapes any more you know