PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu getting run over...

Dee Dub
11-09-2010, 03:17 PM
..is exactly what is suppose to happen when a 6 ft 3 320 plus pounder runs full speed at a 5 ft 10 207 pounder.

I am not impressed.

Bengals fans think it was the coolest thing ever. Well they actually wished it was Hines Ward instead of Troy. But it really wasnt that big of a deal. That is what he is suppose to do.

What I would focus on if I were a Bengal fan is the fact that Peko had his usual 2 tackles per game on the defensive side of the ball. :wink:

feltdizz
11-09-2010, 03:23 PM
..is exactly what is suppose to happen when a 6 ft 3 320 plus pounder runs full speed at a 5 ft 10 207 pounder.

I am not impressed.

Bengals fans think it was the coolest thing ever. Well they actually wished it was Hines Ward instead of Troy. But it really wasnt that big of a deal. That is what he is suppose to do.

What I would focus on if I were a Bengal fan is the fact that Peko had his usual 2 tackles per game on the defensive side of the ball. :wink:

it was an awesome hit.. I didn't even see it until the replay and was surprised because Troy was up so quickly. He got crushed.. we need to do the same thing at the GL. IT works.

NJ-STEELER
11-09-2010, 03:25 PM
and he got up right away

if thats cinco, he's rolling on the floor for 2 minutes and looking for sympathy or his gold shoes

Smashmouth
11-09-2010, 03:31 PM
It was awesome! Give credit where it's due. I hate the Bengals as much as the next guy but that was good football. It took stones for Troy to keep his nose in there! He just got trucked.

fordfixer
11-09-2010, 04:08 PM
It was awesome! Give credit where it's due. I hate the Bengals as much as the next guy but that was good football. It took stones for Troy to keep his nose in there! He just got trucked.
:Agree

Steelers>NFL
11-09-2010, 04:10 PM

Yeah, it was good football hit/block.
Give Cincy credit. At least they have the smarts to put a big blocker to pave the way for a TD in goal line situation. Where is the Steeler's lead blocker???

SteelerNation1
11-09-2010, 04:14 PM

Give Cincy credit. At least they have the smarts to put a big blocker to pave the way for a TD in goal line situation. Where is the Steeler's lead blocker???
Dan Kreider has been retired for a few yrs now I think. :lol:

Steelers>NFL
11-09-2010, 05:01 PM

Dan Kreider has been retired for a few yrs now I think. :lol:

Yeah I know. I am from York County in Central PA. Kreider is from Lancaster County.
He is in the area I here.
Remember Jon Witman? He was before Kreider. He is from York. He helps run a fitness center here in York.

RuthlessBurgher
11-09-2010, 05:12 PM

:wft

On Mendenhall's TD run, Legursky was lined up in the backfield and then David Johnson went in motion into the backfield as well.

You celebrate the Bengals using a DT to block on the goalline but forget that we had a OG/OC and a TE/H-back as lead blockers together on the same play on the goal-line?

sd steel
11-09-2010, 06:23 PM

Troy needed to get lower and take out the blocker at the knees. He probably would have stopped the TD. You never take on a big boy above the waist. I'm glad he got up, but his technique was wrong and he allowed the hole to happen.

papillon
11-09-2010, 09:21 PM

Troy needed to get lower and take out the blocker at the knees. He probably would have stopped the TD. You never take on a big boy above the waist. I'm glad he got up, but his technique was wrong and he allowed the hole to happen.

He wasn't winning that battle. He did the best he could (even going lower he was getting blown up) and was hoping for reinforcements behind him. He's the only safety in the league that would even consider taking on a 325 pound blocker. The others would have waved as the blocker and the ball carrier went into the end zone untouched.

Pappy

sd steel
11-10-2010, 02:04 AM

He wasn't winning that battle. He did the best he could (even going lower he was getting blown up) and was hoping for reinforcements behind him. He's the only safety in the league that would even consider taking on a 325 pound blocker. The others would have waved as the blocker and the ball carrier went into the end zone untouched.

Pappy

BURGH86STEEL
11-10-2010, 06:53 AM
It was a nice hit. It's a losing battle for any DB to be caught in that situation.

chiken
11-10-2010, 10:59 AM
We employ Grown Men.
There was no cowering, no ducking, no avoiding - He saw it coming and stood his ground, got smashed, bounced up and came back for more..
You gotta love a guy who takes it as well as he gives it.. Its what being a Steeler should be about.

Next week I think he climbs back into the Truck and crushes a couple of Patsies.

Ghost
11-10-2010, 11:12 AM
When it was 3rd and 6, right before the Reed miss, I wish the Steelers had seen that kind of block to spring Mendenhall. Legursky completely whiffed and blocked air.