PDA

View Full Version : 27-7 in the 4th... list off reason's BA is to blame.

feltdizz
11-09-2010, 10:14 AM
:Beer

Oviedo
11-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Because LeBeau is never to blame so by default it is BA's fault

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-09-2010, 11:02 AM
I gave BA some credit for some reasonable amount of creativity last night.

He's got a lot to make up for, though.

Including apparently being the "beard fashion statement role model" for the entire coaching staff now. I just realized Tomlin's beard is like his, and a sideline shot last night showed others with the same beard.

:vomit icon here.

SteelerNation1
11-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Ov, LeBeau called a great game (besides the horrib quick drive after we went up 27-7). He brought the house almost all night

aggiebones
11-09-2010, 11:08 AM
-Because Legursky missed an easy block when pulling for a near game ending long run by Mendi late in the game.
-Because Ben threw a fluttering duck to a wide open Miller going to the sideline late.
-Cause we were down to 5 OL late in the game, several of whom shouldn't be on the roster.
-Cause the refs called a ridiculous foul late on Snack when the center threw him towards Palmer.
-Cause an ex-Cowboy tackle threw a punch late.
-Cause an out of position backside (pun intended) ref made a ridiculous phantom interference call late on our CB.

Cause some of the players just didn't execute.

The play calling on both sides was actually pretty good. Mistakes and discipline and dirty F'ing refs were the culprits.
And Goodell, yea, he was probably a culprit too.

Oviedo
11-09-2010, 11:09 AM
Ov, LeBeau called a great game (besides the horrib quick drive after we went up 27-7). He brought the house almost all night

Our secondary is still getting picked apart again and again and there are no adjustments that seem to work. Just like we hold BA accountable we have to hold DL accountable.

We are providing team's a roadmap how to beat us. Good teams, like the Pats, starting this coming week aren't going to wait until the second half to attack our secondary.

pepsyman1
11-09-2010, 11:43 AM

I think that's a good summation. I don't understand WHY we went real soft on that drive. We played more aggressive D in the first half (and again we went less aggressive on their TD drive) The drives where we just sit back, don't blitz at all (or make a convincing fake of a blitz) are when we look vulnerable on D. We played tighter coverage in the first half too. We actually played a decent amount of man coverage at the corners in the first half and I was loving it. I was really pissed off when TO got behind Bmac so easily on that desperate TD throw. He played 10 yards off and still got beat over the top. We REALLY need another topline cover corner.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-09-2010, 11:52 AM
How did we get to 27-7?

*Opening kickoff fumbled by Bengals at Benglas 25. (Steelers - 7 Points of TO)
*Blocked punt at Bengals 30. (Steelers - 3 Points off Bengals ST error.)
*Ward fumble at Steelers 38. (Bengals - 7 Points of TO)
*Timmons INT at Steelers 48. (Steelers - 7 Points of TO)
*Bengals return kickoff to Steelers 43. Miss FG, Steelers ball at Steelers 41. Reed 53 yard FG (Steelers - 3 Points off Bengals ST error.)
*Palmer sacked by Harrison at Bengals 18. Punt to Steelers 44. (El 39 yard TD pass)
27-7

Steelers starting position on above posessions was the Bengals 44. :shock:
Steelers other offensive posessions 0-6 with no points.
Bengals were 0-10 in scoring on posessions that didn't result off of tunovers (1-1). Of the 10 posessions there were 2 missed FGs, 1 blocked Punt, & 6 Punts.

So...To you topic heading...At the point it was 27-7...I say credit goes to the defense & ST why they were ahead. So if you want to put something on Arians list...I can think of 0-6 reasons.

Arian's gameplan improved from the Saints, but I would hope for a leap instead of a baby step for next week. It won't be only us being critical after the Pats, it is sink or swim this week.

Sugar
11-09-2010, 11:58 AM
The Steelers couldn't just let all those viewers go to bed, could they? You have to let the other team back in it so that people will still be up to watch the commercials. Duh!

I bet Green Bay gets fined by the NFL for beating the Cowboys too badly and making all the viewers go away.

papillon
11-09-2010, 12:36 PM

Our secondary is still getting picked apart again and again and there are no adjustments that seem to work. Just like we hold BA accountable we have to hold DL accountable.

We are providing team's a roadmap how to beat us. Good teams, like the Pats, starting this coming week aren't going to wait until the second half to attack our secondary.

I have news for you, Atlanta, Tampa, New Orleans, Baltimore, Tennessee are all good teams and discounting Cleveland and Cincinnati is foolish as well. The Steeler schedule has been loaded with playoff caliber teams and they're 6-2 and face another playoff team this weekend.

Yea, I'd love to see Mcfadden cover better and Gay to for that matter, but both of them are solid tacklers and Gay showed a knack for blitzing last night. Ike was good, Clark was average and Troy wasn't himself again, he seemed a 1/2 step late and on TO's TD in the middle of the field double covered Johnson with Taylor rather than cheat to the middle where TO was running his pattern.

Pappy

steelfin
11-09-2010, 12:37 PM
I dont know if its BA, Ben or whatever...but if we dont score on a big play, we usually don't score.

The offense is very inconsistent and general speaking struggles at sustaining drives. We don't take what the defense gives us very well...

IMO, BA blows and needs to go...He consistently gets out coached, does not adjust well and in combination with the OL coach, does not adjust to blitzes very well....unless its personnel...but I just don't see it. Brady does not care who his receivers are....it is good coaching, game planning and execution that allows the Pats to consistently score points (with the exception of the Browns game... :brownssuck )

With the talent we have on the offensive side of the ball, we should be lighting teams up.

With that said, we are still 6-2. Just imagine how good we would be with a qualified OC...

SF

steelblood
11-09-2010, 12:39 PM

Gay and Ike played fine. Gay got beat for a TD, but was in good position for most of the rest of the night. Ike gave up the PI which was questionable, but he was in good position and defended a couple of passes. McFadden is another story. He was simply terrible. The problem is ... who do you replace him with? Butler isn't active and Lewis has looked shaky when given an opportunity.

I generally agreed with you last year when the Steelers went on that skid and lost all of those games. LeBeau was given a pass, and he and Tomlin were late to make adjustments and replace personnel. However, last night, LeBeau was a very active coach and made some adjustments. He brought several different blitzes, smartly challenged Andre Smith by bringing Woodley and Harrison from the same side several times, generally left Troy in coverage, when off man wasn't working, he went to several bump and run looks late in the game. He even had Troy switch sides so that he was deep on TO on the far sideline on the final drive. I think there was a good gameplan and intelligent adjustments were made. For my money, the common denominator was that McFadden couldn't keep up with TO in any way. This is a real problem and I'm not sure how to solve it, short of starting the rookie Butler (who is probably not ready).

feltdizz
11-09-2010, 01:04 PM
How did we get to 27-7?

*Bengals return kickoff to Steelers 43. Miss FG, Steelers ball at Steelers 41. Reed 53 yard FG (Steelers - 3 Points off Bengals ST error.)
*Palmer sacked by Harrison at Bengals 18. Punt to Steelers 44. (El 39 yard TD pass)
27-7

Bengals were 0-10 in scoring on posessions that didn't result off of tunovers (1-1). Of the 10 posessions there were 2 missed FGs, 1 blocked Punt, & 6 Punts.

So...To you topic heading...At the point it was 27-7...I say credit goes to the defense & ST why they were ahead. So if you want to put something on Arians list...I can think of 0-6 reasons.

Arian's gameplan improved from the Saints, but I would hope for a leap instead of a baby step for next week. It won't be only us being critical after the Pats, it is sink or swim this week.

The D gave the O great field position and we put up 27 points. Reed kicked off to the 20.... Ben threw a terrible pick, Legursky missed a game sealing block, Reed missed a game clinching FG... etc...

I wrote this topic as a joke... it's obvious BA didn't almost lose this game. blame the players and even the ref but the coaches weren't bad IMO.

RuthlessBurgher
11-09-2010, 04:45 PM
I gave BA some credit for some reasonable amount of creativity last night.

He's got a lot to make up for, though.

Including apparently being the "beard fashion statement role model" for the entire coaching staff now. I just realized Tomlin's beard is like his, and a sideline shot last night showed others with the same beard.

:vomit icon here.

Brett Keisel should be the "beard fashion statement role model" for the team.

http://cbskdka.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/postkeisel.jpg?w=385&h=240

I don't think Sidney Crosby could grow a Keisel-level playoff beard if pulled a Rip Van Winkle until 2036.

http://cdn.holytaco.com/www/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/sidney_crosby_bad_beards.jpg

JTP53609
11-09-2010, 09:27 PM
come on, this was not BA's fault at all, he called a good game, kept the foot on the gas with the gadget call of ARE's TD pass and yea he ran 7 straight runs, but that was not his game to take the blame..

birtikidis
11-09-2010, 10:06 PM
there were a few times BA pissed me off. like when he lined up with one running back, two tight ends and tried to run over and over again in the same formation. bartender at the bar kept saying "they're running to _____" and she wasn't a steeler fan. so, she desn't see it week in and week out. but it still happens.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-10-2010, 10:49 AM
How did we get to 27-7?

27-7

The D gave the O great field position and we put up 27 points. Reed kicked off to the 20.... Ben threw a terrible pick, Legursky missed a game sealing block, Reed missed a game clinching FG... etc...

I wrote this topic as a joke... it's obvious BA didn't almost lose this game. blame the players and even the ref but the coaches weren't bad IMO.I took your post as a knock on the D. My bad.

feltdizz
11-10-2010, 11:12 AM
http://cdn.holytaco.com/www/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/sidney_crosby_bad_beards.jpg

his lips look like they are mad at his beard hair.

aggiebones
11-10-2010, 11:46 AM
Find a team with a better record with an 11 point lead over the last 15 years, then complain about the organizations philosophy.

The ran 7 straight times, so what. They were about the break the backs of the Bengals. Problem is Legursky can't pull or Mendi walks into the endzone.

ikestops85
11-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Find a team with a better record with an 11 point lead over the last 15 years, then complain about the organizations philosophy.

The ran 7 straight times, so what. They were about the break the backs of the Bengals. Problem is Legursky can't pull or Mendi walks into the endzone.

I didn't have much of a problem with Arians. I thought it was one of his better games although we are going to have to come up with a way to deal with the all out blitz. Why we don't just dump it over the blitzers to a RB or TE still befuddles me. Instead we depend on Ben slipping one or two tacklers and then trying to hit receivers who don't look for the ball (ARE :HeadBanger )

Running 7 straight times didn't bother me because we were moving the ball that way. In fact if Legursky makes that block at the end not only do the Steelers win easily but I win my fantasy game (had Mendy and lost by 3). Instead, Mendy gets tackled, Reed misses another clutch FG, my blood pressure stays elevated for what felt like hours and I couldn't fall asleep until after 3.

Gawd I love Steeler football :lol: :lol: