PDA

View Full Version : Reed has made it easy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-09-2010, 01:26 AM
Though I think the front office would not have done anything stupid anyway.

But Skippy has shown us that he's not magically reliable any more than any lots of other kickers.

ikestops85
11-09-2010, 01:27 AM
and his kickoffs have gotten short again. :HeadBanger

papillon
11-09-2010, 01:30 AM

As Chachi said in his thread, they should just squib kick it every time, at least, there's little chance of a big return.

Pappy

JTP53609
11-09-2010, 01:31 AM
bye jeffy.....

Starlifter
11-09-2010, 01:35 AM
I don't think he's going to get the payday he was hoping for.

Crash
11-09-2010, 01:36 AM
Yeah Skippy's short kickoffs were offset by his reliable clutch kicking.

Now he can't even do that.

If I'm Tomlin I look at kickers this week, maybe that will make Reed appreciate his job and position.

Starlifter
11-09-2010, 01:59 AM

If I'm Tomlin I look at kickers this week, maybe that will make Reed appreciate his job and position.

particularly since Reed may recall he was a mid-season replacement....

papillon
11-09-2010, 02:06 AM

The Steelers franchised him didn't they? They're on the hook for his entire salary, regardless if he plays or not. I doubt they do anything, although, at this point I'd welcome a change.

Pappy

focosteeler
11-09-2010, 02:21 AM

this was making me sooo mad :HeadBanger that field goal was almost as long as his kickoffs!! freaking ridiculous

StarSpangledSteeler
11-09-2010, 05:20 AM
The question now becomes, do we look to a veteran FA or a young buck?

I personally feel like as long as we have a Super Bowl window open we should go with a semi-veteran. I don't mean an old dude necessarily, but someone with some experience in NFL pressure situations (especially in the playoffs). They need to have experience calming their nerves and executing, even if we have to sacrifice a little distance on kickoffs. Also I think shorter range accuracy is far more importance to us than a big leg. Let's face it, in Heinz Field we really shouldn't be attempting 45+ yard FG's anyway. And on the road, we usually would rather Sepulveda pin them deep and let our defense do their job than risk a short field. I don't think Reed "sucks" but as someone just said, it was his clutch kicks that gave him his value, and that appears to be gone.

SidSmythe
11-09-2010, 06:45 AM
Skippy's trying to hard to justify his payday.
Remember the good ol' days when he was just happy he wasn't working at Wal-Mart??

chiken
11-09-2010, 09:27 AM

I personally feel like as long as we have a Super Bowl window open we should go with a semi-veteran. I don't mean an old dude necessarily, but someone with some experience in NFL pressure situations (especially in the playoffs). They need to have experience calming their nerves and executing, even if we have to sacrifice a little distance on kickoffs. Also I think shorter range accuracy is far more importance to us than a big leg. Let's face it, in Heinz Field we really shouldn't be attempting 45+ yard FG's anyway. And on the road, we usually would rather Sepulveda pin them deep and let our defense do their job than risk a short field. I don't think Reed "sucks" but as someone just said, it was his clutch kicks that gave him his value, and that appears to be gone.

No Disrespect man, but if your a kicker on a team that has the Talent we have and you cnat make Clutch kicks then my friend - you suck. He almost cost us the Atl Game - he cost us the Ravens Game, he almost Cost us this last nights game. That miss in the N.O game when we were up gave them the Momentum they needed, If my Memory serves me right he blew one in the Miami Game as well..
We are about to have to do it how the Saints did it that year.. just goooooooo for it.

If you're a Kicker who'se only value was making clutch kicks (because those kickoffs have always been garbage) and you can no longer make clutch kicks - the you suck.

Oviedo
11-09-2010, 09:36 AM

I'd look at Kai Forbath in Round 3 or 4 (primarily so I can read certain people bitch about using a pick like that on a PK). He has hit 50+ yard field goals every season. Seriously, he may even get grabbed very high like Janikowski did. The guy is money.

flippy
11-09-2010, 10:10 AM
If Reed didn't make the 53 yarder, that game would have went to overtime. And we may have lost.

grotonsteel
11-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Bye Bye Jeff.....not worth the highest paid kicker tag...

SteelAbility
11-09-2010, 12:34 PM
If Reed didn't make the 53 yarder, that game would have went to overtime. And we may have lost.

That's a good point. But we are talking about misses that clinch something ...

1. Game 1 against ATL with under 1 minute.
2. Two misses against BAL (either one would have at least clinched OT)
3. New Orleans (would have clinched a game tying drive at the end instead of down 10
where you have to rush your offense and risk turnover, which happened)
4. Cincy (who d*mn near won)