PDA

View Full Version : Schefter sounds so sure Cowher won't go to Dallas

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-09-2010, 01:23 AM
I hope he's right, but I wonder why he sounds so sure, like he's got some inside track.

Steelgal
11-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Why would Cowher want to work for JJ, after the Rooneys????? But more to your point, I think Cowher is looking at the Panther job and you gotta believe Fox is gone after this year.

AngryAsian
11-09-2010, 01:32 AM
My heart would break if Cowher went to work for the anti-Christ. JJ is turd and call me sentimental for the old days when the Cowboys were our biggest rivals... but I hate no other team outside our division.

JTP53609
11-09-2010, 01:35 AM
its too bad they fired Phillips...they were never going to win with him as a coach, now they are going to get a new staff to go with that team and they may turn it around next year, they may win 4 or 5 games next season...

stlrz d
11-09-2010, 01:36 AM
C'mon people...do you really *think* Cowher would work for a guy like Jones?

Really...think about it!

Crash
11-09-2010, 01:36 AM
Cowher's hoping they can Norv.

papillon
11-09-2010, 01:54 AM

Really...think about it!

10 million a year would ease the pain.

Pappy

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-09-2010, 01:57 AM
I'd rather he go to an NFC team than an AFC one. But of all the NFC teams, I think the Cowgirls are the team I'd like to see him go to the least.

Exept maybe Seattle. THAT would be tough to see, Walrus or no Walrus!

PSU_dropout43
11-09-2010, 02:02 AM
and AJ Smith.

I can't see Cowher working with AJ Smith. Remember, AJ Smith dissed Cowher's mentor big time.

StarSpangledSteeler
11-09-2010, 05:30 AM
Adam Schefter is wrong a lot, but I especially don't believe anything he has to say about long term future predictions (like 4 months out or more) which is probably when the real/permanent hire will take place. The question is if JJ wants to win bad enough, will he relinquish control? He certainly can pay Cowher more money than anyone else. They already have some decent talent, and will have the money to buy top FA's with no CBA. Dallas is a big football market with a new stadium and huge fan following. There are a lot of things to entice Cowher, but he has said time and time again "the situation has to be a perfect fit". If you take Bill at his word, he and JJ are not a perfect fit, and never will be.

ANPSTEEL
11-09-2010, 06:20 AM

There it is.

SidSmythe
11-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Cowher's ripe for coaching again especially w/ his kids all grown. I really think he's been waiting for this Carolina job to open up and that's where he'll end up. I really don't think money is the issue at the end of the day.
I really think he'd take an decent pay over a huge payday to be in Carolina.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-09-2010, 11:17 AM

Really...think about it!

10 million a year would ease the pain.

Pappy

What is he making now?

Bet he makes close to half that and works part time.

Oviedo
11-09-2010, 11:40 AM

Really...think about it!

:Agree Cowher going to Dallas would be nothing but a big money grab. No way Cowher could delude himself into thinking that would possibly work more than a few years.

After what Cowher did to Donohoe to gain control while here I would lose all respect for Cowher if he went to Dallas on Jerry Jones' terms. It would prove that it would be a greed move above all else.

I'd agree that Carolina would be the perfect fit for him. They have a young QB and more importantly they have RBs which you need to play Cowher ball. Also heard that Cowher and Richardson have a good replationship.

RuthlessBurgher
11-09-2010, 01:27 PM

Really...think about it!

:Agree Cowher going to Dallas would be nothing but a big money grab. No way Cowher could delude himself into thinking that would possibly work more than a few years.

After what Cowher did to Donohoe to gain control while here I would lose all respect for Cowher if he went to Dallas on Jerry Jones' terms. It would prove that it would be a greed move above all else.

I'd agree that Carolina would be the perfect fit for him. They have a young QB and more importantly they have RBs which you need to play Cowher ball. Also heard that Cowher and Richardson have a good replationship.

Yes, Cowher's respects Jerry Richardson and would like to have a big ol' o-line and runners like DeAngelo and Daily Show, but Carolina has no QB. Matt Moore sucks. Jimmy Clausen sucks. Tony Pike sucks. I think if Kaye were still alive, he would want the Panthers job so that they could live together down there and he could coach. Now that she has passed on, I think he will likely look for a better situation elsewhere.

He has said that he wants to go some place with an established QB situation to win now(no interesting in trying to develop a young QB). Although it would be difficult working for the likes of Jerry Jones and A.J. Smith, he would have a better chance at immediate success with Phil Rivers or Tony Romo (plus both of those teams already run his preferred 3-4 D). Just imagine the combination of Cowher and either of those QB's having a phenomenal regular season record and then blowing it in the playoffs as heavy favorites year after year.

I think he may stay at CBS for a while longer and wait for the Giants job to open. I'm sure that he was hoping and praying that Tom Coughlin would get fired at some point, but suddenly that team looks as strong as any in the NFL right now. He respects the Maras and Tisches as much as he respects the Rooneys and Richardsons. He'd get Eli as his QB and a solid run game and attacking defense (even if it was a 4-3). It just might be a little while until Coughlin finally gets canned or retires. He's happy as a studio analyst for now, so I think he'll wait it out.

If I had to guess right now, Jerry Jones may go hard after Jon Gruden when Cowher turns him down. We'll see.

Oviedo
11-09-2010, 01:48 PM

Really...think about it!

Yes, Cowher's respects Jerry Richardson and would like to have a big ol' o-line and runners like DeAngelo and Daily Show, but Carolina has no QB. Matt Moore sucks. Jimmy Clausen sucks. Tony Pike sucks. I think if Kaye were still alive, he would want the Panthers job so that they could live together down there and he could coach. Now that she has passed on, I think he will likely look for a better situation elsewhere.

He has said that he wants to go some place with an established QB situation to win now(no interesting in trying to develop a young QB). Although it would be difficult working for the likes of Jerry Jones and A.J. Smith, he would have a better chance at immediate success with Phil Rivers or Tony Romo (plus both of those teams already run his preferred 3-4 D). Just imagine the combination of Cowher and either of those QB's having a phenomenal regular season record and then blowing it in the playoffs as heavy favorites year after year.

I think he may stay at CBS for a while longer and wait for the Giants job to open. I'm sure that he was hoping and praying that Tom Coughlin would get fired at some point, but suddenly that team looks as strong as any in the NFL right now. He respects the Maras and Tisches as much as he respects the Rooneys and Richardsons. He'd get Eli as his QB and a solid run game and attacking defense (even if it was a 4-3). It just might be a little while until Coughlin finally gets canned or retires. He's happy as a studio analyst for now, so I think he'll wait it out.

If I had to guess right now, Jerry Jones may go hard after Jon Gruden when Cowher turns him down. We'll see.

I've always said don't rule out the Eagles job for Cowher. Reid will leave eventually and it keeps him on the east coast where all his kids are.

I don't think that Cowher is worried as much about a established QB as some. He has always been about RBs, OL and defense. He has always wanted his QBs to be game managers. IMO, it's too early to rule Clausen as a bust.

flippy
11-10-2010, 09:09 AM
How about Cleveland?

Oviedo
11-10-2010, 09:13 AM
How about Cleveland?

Holmgren is as much a control freak as Cowher. Not a good marriage.

I would lose all respect for Cowher if he took another team in the Steelers' division. Ultimate disrespect and insult to the Rooneys and the fans who supported him for so many years.

SteelCzar76
11-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Like others i think Coach (Cowher) is probably waiting for the Panthers gig to open up.

However, i would love to see him in Diego. I would love watching him put together disciplined, hard nosed, physical teams around a QB whom will not melt down in Championship Games and Superbowls.

He and Rivers would probably have a Dynasty run there. (Granted,...none of the aforementioned applies if A.J Smith were to remain a part of the organization.)