PDA

View Full Version : "Take me out, coach, I'm tired".

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-09-2010, 01:22 AM
:wft Did the Bus ever ask to come out with the game on the line? It wasn't like Mendy had a 50 yard sprint in that series. Why would he be so tired? Is that OK, or is it poor conditioning ... I guess I wouldn't know for sure. And why we couldn't get him out?

I guess you can tell I'm not in the usual 6-2 frame of mind ...

feltdizz
11-09-2010, 01:29 AM
The Bus didn't come out but he also wasn't ripping of 8 to 15 yard runs on 6 straight plays. LOL. Redman was hurt and Moore was also gimpy after pass protection.

JTP53609
11-09-2010, 01:29 AM
:wft Did the Bus ever ask to come out with the game on the line? It wasn't like Mendy had a 50 yard sprint in that series. Why would he be so tired? Is that OK, or is it poor conditioning ... I guess I wouldn't know for sure. And why we couldn't get him out?

I guess you can tell I'm not in the usual 6-2 frame of mind ...

are you talking about the last series in the fourth qtr, when he ran 6 straight runs for 45 yards???, I cant get mad at the guy for that, I actually applaud him, he does not want to come out but he knows he has nothing left, I would not want him to fumble, lose yardage or get hurt because he is out of breath after running 6 straight times...

skyhawk
11-09-2010, 02:16 AM
Mendy looks in VERY good shape to me. He runs and takes a beating all game.

SteelCrazy
11-09-2010, 02:19 AM
He got a lot of those yards on his own except that 18 yd run.

skyhawk
11-09-2010, 03:39 AM
And just to remind people, Mendy has made everyone REALLY forget FWP. What an upgrade folks.

And holy crap, if he had a better offensive line...

Although I must say they played pretty well today even in light of all the injuries :HeadBanger

BURGH86STEEL
11-09-2010, 06:15 AM
Is it assumption that he asked to come out? Maybe he thought another RB was going to come in for the 3rd down package?

Appears to me he wasn't tired. If Legursky made his block, Mendenhall might had scored.

SidSmythe
11-09-2010, 06:21 AM
Seeing that he was doing a lot on his own that seriers, I dont see the problem. I really don't think he's out of shape or afraid to run the ball as much as they're willing to give it to them.
The Bus was a north/south runner and i remember him coming out of the game after long gains. He wasn't exactly Cap't Fitness

SuperSize
11-09-2010, 08:17 AM
On the last play before the missed FG, if Legursky blocks Reggie Nelson, Mendenhall takes it to the house.

It's hard to criticize the guy after he just ate 5 minutes off the clock. Singlehandedly.

Pete

msp26505
11-09-2010, 08:27 AM
I agree he is an upgrade from FWP, but I am getting pretty tired of seeing him spin and back into the line.

I know it's part of his "shake and bake" and helps him break big gains at times, but it also often keeps him from getting the tough yards that add up to first downs.

steelblood
11-09-2010, 08:27 AM
Mendenhall was awesome. But, he was gassed. He did the right thing. Unfortunately, there was no one to replace him. If we had a healthy back, we probably would have gotten that first down even with Legursky missing his block.

I have a feeling we'll see Dwyer next week. I hope he's worked on his blitz pickup.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
11-09-2010, 08:57 AM
Two things. Mendy was winded and needed a blow. It is a bad decision to leave in a player who is calling for the sideline if he is a player who doesn't do it often. Mendy is beyond that and we don't see him do that anymore. BUT...It looked like the staff told him to stay in because of the play call and Moore being dinged. Redman wasn't really a better option for that draw so the staff waived Mendy off.

Dee Dub
11-09-2010, 01:19 PM
Are you kidding me? The Bus had asthma. He had to be taken out a lot more than some of you remember.

:roll:

ikestops85
11-09-2010, 01:26 PM
Wasn't Redmen in Tomlin's doghouse for months after asking to come out of a game? :stirpot

feltdizz
11-09-2010, 04:26 PM
Wasn't Redmen in Tomlin's doghouse for months after asking to come out of a game? :stirpot

you mean outhouse.... he didn't make the team last year because of it...

an undrafted player should never ask to come out when the coaches are trying to see if you are ready for the 53.

Moore was dinged up and Redman had a concussion.

calmkiller
11-09-2010, 06:21 PM
Redman and Moore both have/had concussions. Mendy was the only healthy RB left. There was no one else to play. So everyone here that says its a bad idea to leave him in are right, except the fact that there was no other option.

grotonsteel
11-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I thought it was a bad idea to call run play when your RB is tired...

Still it would have worked if not for Bronco missed block.