PDA

View Full Version : Ugly. Ugly. Win. Win.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-09-2010, 01:17 AM
I wish I felt better. 6-2 looks pretty good.

This 4th qrtr cr*p is not for the faint of heart.

Hope Keisel gets healthy. I guess it's not likely.

Tomlin looked unhappy, ANGRY in his post-game presser.

Steelgal
11-09-2010, 01:20 AM
Well, something tells me the Pats are gonna come to Heinz angry after their humiliating loss this past weekend, so I hope Tomlin and company are ready to match the intensity.....

JTP53609
11-09-2010, 01:24 AM
Well, something tells me the Pats are gonna come to Heinz angry after their humiliating loss this past weekend, so I hope Tomlin and company are ready to match the intensity.....

BINGO.....I have never felt so bad as a fan after a win, I have very little confidence in this passing defense. The Pats not only have our number through the years (we have only beat them 2 times in 10 years) but like you said, they will be pissed after their embarrassment this week, that is not good news for us, Brady against our pass defense, and our offense is too hot and cold to keep up right now.....

LordVile
11-09-2010, 01:28 AM
General speaking, Farrior seemed to make his presence known.. timmons played well as usual, looks like for every great play Willie Gay makes, he does gets burned. a mixed bag with Mr. Gay.. Hood seemed to hold his own, Troy came to play..

papillon
11-09-2010, 01:28 AM

They can come in as p1ssed off as they like, they still have to try and block Woodley, Timmons, Harrison, Hampton, etc. and that isn't an easy job. Brady will make some plays, he's a great quarterback, the Steeler defense will be fine and the Pats will have to earn their points.

Ben and the offense need to get in a groove and pout together some long time consuming drives where they are converting 2nd and 3rd downs into firsts and the defense will look a lot better. They had to be gassed in the 4th quarter tonight, they were rushing the passer for the last 10 minutes of the game.

Pappy

Ozey74
11-09-2010, 01:32 AM
I will take a 6 point win on the road (3rd road game in a row mind you) against a divsion rival in prime time over a 20 point loss to Cleveland any day. This was a good win.

:tt2

Bring on the Pats!

AngryAsian
11-09-2010, 01:37 AM

They can come in as p1ssed off as they like, they still have to try and block Woodley, Timmons, Harrison, Hampton, etc. and that isn't an easy job. Brady will make some plays, he's a great quarterback, the Steeler defense will be fine and the Pats will have to earn their points.

Ben and the offense need to get in a groove and pout together some long time consuming drives where they are converting 2nd and 3rd downs into firsts and the defense will look a lot better. They had to be gassed in the 4th quarter tonight, they were rushing the passer for the last 10 minutes of the game.

Pappy

We need to get to Brady and bury him early and often. We have too much history with Belichump and crew to not get some much needed payback.

papillon
11-09-2010, 01:47 AM

Pappy

We need to get to Brady and bury him early and often. We have too much history with Belichump and crew to not get some much needed payback.

I hear ya, but, like em or hate em, Brady is a great quarterback. Hitting him early and often will go a long way to winning that game. If Mendenhall runs like he did tonight he may rush for 150 against them.

Pappy

focosteeler
11-09-2010, 02:23 AM
General speaking, Farrior seemed to make his presence known.. timmons played well as usual, looks like for every great play Willie Gay makes, he does gets burned. a mixed bag with Mr. Gay.. Hood seemed to hold his own, Troy came to play..

yeah they played well but mcfadden is garbage. i think tonight proved it to me for good...i keep hoping one of the younger guys will step up

StarSpangledSteeler
11-09-2010, 05:09 AM

yeah they played well but mcfadden is garbage. i think tonight proved it to me for good...i keep hoping one of the younger guys will step up

Remember (come draft time next year) that CB is a big need. Also remember that McFadden was a solid 2nd round prospect in 2005. Ike was a 4th round project in 2003. Cornerbacks are tricky to project so drafting one in rounds 1-2 does not necessarily equal success. As far as one of the younger guys stepping up, it's really only Lewis and Butler who could possibly be future starters. So even if one of them do step up we still need more quality cover corner depth.

papillon
11-09-2010, 07:54 AM

Remember (come draft time next year) that CB is a big need. Also remember that McFadden was a solid 2nd round prospect in 2005. Ike was a 4th round project in 2003. Cornerbacks are tricky to project so drafting one in rounds 1-2 does not necessarily equal success. As far as one of the younger guys stepping up, it's really only Lewis and Butler who could possibly be future starters. So even if one of them do step up we still need more quality cover corner depth.

What I don't understand is why the Steelers can't hide a cornerback the way other teams do. The Saints at one time last week had 5 safeties on the field, because they were out of cornerbacks and the Steelers couldn't exploit them. The Steelers put one weak link on the field and Carson Palmer has a big night.

Pappy

rpmpit
11-09-2010, 08:02 AM
4th quarter gave Mrs. Armpit a migraine. Trying to stay positive, we lost games like this last year.

We have a history of playing up and/or down to our competition. We'll bury the Pats :twisted:

steelblood
11-09-2010, 08:24 AM

Pappy

"pout together some...drives" - That is what Ochocinco was doing!!!! :lol:

I don't know about the STeelers D being gassed as the problem. They were creating pressure (even on the last drive). Plus, the STeelers got the ball with a 6 point lead and ran a 4:30 minute 50 yard drive that should have resulted in a clinching FG (right before the last drive).

From what I saw, the only real problem was that McFadden couldn't cover anyone at any time. He looks extraordinarily slow. He can't jam and run with receivers. He can't stop a deep pass even when he is playing off man coverage. I know he will defend himself saying that his hands are tied based on the type of D we ask him to play. But, I declare that to be B.S. He must play mostly off man because he is so terribly slow. Late in the game, LeBeau gave him a few shots at bump and run, and he was beat badly there too. Gay and Ike were not perfect, but, in the least, they made as many good plays as they gave up. We must get a corner out there that can turn and run with receivers and still turn and locate the ball in time to avoid interference. It isn't McFadden, and it may not be Lewis (does he even dress?).

SuperSize
11-09-2010, 08:45 AM

Pappy

I hear ya, but, like em or hate em, Brady is a great quarterback. Hitting him early and often will go a long way to winning that game. If Mendenhall runs like he did tonight he may rush for 150 against them.

Pappy

This is the key to me this week. Pats* don't have a good rush defense as evidenced last week. Mendy 20-25 carries, Redman 10-15, pound them into the ground.

Pete

msp26505
11-09-2010, 09:04 AM
This is the key to me this week. Pats* don't have a good rush defense as evidenced last week. Mendy 20-25 carries, Redman 10-15, pound them into the ground.

Pete

I agree. That also runs clock and keeps Brady on the sideline.

The only caveat is that Belicheat is very good at recognizing and neutralizing supposed advantages of opponents, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a ton of run blitzes and QB pressures.

And with regard to QB pressure, I've seen at least two occasions this year when Ben has thrown to what looks to be the hot receiver, only to have that receiver not turn around in time.

That seems to be simple blitz recognition on the part of the receivers, but whose fault is it...the coaches or players? ARE is a 9-year vet. He should know if he is the hot read. Is Ben wrong in that situation?

I suspect the pats* will have a game plan that exploits this issue.