PDA

View Full Version : Cleveland?

Flasteel
11-07-2010, 04:05 PM
With 5 minutes to go in the 3rd, they are beating up on the Pats 24-7. :wft

If this holds up, the Brownies will be at a level of respect I have not seen since they've been back in the league. Hopefully they won't send NE into the same buzzsaw as they did with the Saints before we played them. :D

stlrz d
11-07-2010, 04:20 PM
McCoy looks good. I have always liked the kid. It's too bad he's a brownie.

winwithd
11-07-2010, 04:27 PM
now 27-7

Last week I called for Buffalo to beat Baltimore and it almost happened. This week I was looking at this one as an upset but did not say anything so you can rip me as a liar or whatever I don't care. Patsies and Marsha are soft. I was looking at this as a possible Cleveland win because 1. Patsies are soft and I figured Cleveland could run on them and score some. 2. I think the Patsies were thinking about us and might not show in Cleveland. (trap game)

Djfan
11-07-2010, 04:31 PM
The Brownies have been so pathetic for so long that I hate the Cheats more!!

jj28west
11-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Agressive play calling with some creativity. Peyton running hard but the line and lead blocker really making an impact.

The sideline is acting like they won the Super Bowl!

Jigawatts
11-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Very confusing game. I couldn't decide if Cleveland looked really good or the Patriots looked
really bad. A little bit of both I guess, but I wouldn't expect the same lackadaisical play
from the Patriots next week.

JAR
11-07-2010, 05:16 PM
The Pats will be the 3rd team the Steelers face the week after being embarrassed by the Browns.. Rats and NO.. uh oh.

AngryAsian
11-07-2010, 05:48 PM
They had no answer for Hillis... hoping Arians sees this flaw in their defense and use it some how in the game plan. Mendenhall is surely a far superior specimen with regards to moving the chains than Hillis is. We'll see. I think the PlanetSteelers presence in the stadium next week will be the 12th man for the good guys in Black.

anger 82&95
11-07-2010, 05:49 PM
With their victory today the Browns have officially moved up a notch on the detestable scale. They are now firmly ensconced between dung beetle and herpes.

Discipline of Steel
11-07-2010, 05:57 PM
With their victory today the Browns have officially moved up a notch on the detestable scale. They are now firmly ensconced between dung beetle and herpes.

Dung beetles arent so bad. At least the butterflies will hang out with them!

http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae243/Albert5885/IMG_0870.jpg

Chadman
11-07-2010, 06:41 PM
When the Steelers played the Browns a few posters on here pointed out that the Browns were not as bad as advertised, and are in fact a team on the rise. They play tough defense & play a tough running style- it suits the conditions they play in regularly, and suits the conditions presented by most of their regular opponants.

If things continue as they are, they should be on the Ravens level, or near enough, in a year or two.

The Steelers do not bring the same physical presence in their running game, so it will be interesting to see how the Pats measure up against a more 'flashy' offense.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-07-2010, 06:47 PM
When the Steelers played the Browns a few posters on here pointed out that the Browns were not as bad as advertised, and are in fact a team on the rise. They play tough defense & play a tough running style- it suits the conditions they play in regularly, and suits the conditions presented by most of their regular opponants.

If things continue as they are, they should be on the Ravens level, or near enough, in a year or two.

The Steelers do not bring the same physical presence in their running game, so it will be interesting to see how the Pats measure up against a more 'flashy' offense.

There is a major league disturbance in the force if the Browns are being discussed as having a more muscular running game than the Steelers.

Chadman
11-07-2010, 06:51 PM

There is a major league disturbance in the force if the Browns are being discussed as having a more muscular running game than the Steelers.

You don't agree?

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-07-2010, 07:05 PM

You don't agree?

I don't doubt it if that's how you see it, I just haven't watched the Browns enough this year to have my own opinion. All I know is that I'm in a very blue football funk, what with the Ravens winning, and the Browns getting the Patriots all riled up just in time for us. A win tomorrow night will be just what the doctor ordered!

Chadman
11-07-2010, 07:20 PM
No need to be blue over it- whether the Steelers are or are not more physical is incidental in the grander scheme of things. At this point, the Browns appear more Smash Mouth than the Steelers. The Steelers are, however, simply better.

What will be interesting is to see how the Pats play the Steelers.

Scarletfire1970
11-07-2010, 07:29 PM
We already know how the Patriots will play us offensively. Dink and dunk right down the field. Defensively all they need to do is blitz blitz blitz

SanAntonioSteelerFan
11-07-2010, 07:37 PM
We already know how the Patriots will play us offensively. Dink and dunk right down the field. Defensively all they need to do is blitz blitz blitz

This is something everyone in the known universe knows - except ... maybe Ariens? The question now is whether Ariens and LeBeau will put together a game plan to defend against it ... AND a plan B for adjustments during the game.

frankthetank1
11-07-2010, 09:38 PM
i cant believe how much the browns have improved. beating up on both the pats and saints is pretty impressive. i never thought colt mccoy would be a good nfl qb but i guess im going to be wrong on that one. i like both the pats and colts losing today, the ravens losing would of been even better, but the browns worry me now. ive enjoyed the browns being pathetic for a long time and now they are actually good. its very dissapointing.

SteelAbility
11-08-2010, 01:25 AM
I have to say watching the Pats get beat down like that was very refreshing. :D :twisted:

Djfan
11-08-2010, 10:42 AM
I would welcome a revived Stains team. I rather miss the rivalry. Let's leave the maggot filled basement for the Bungals.

AngryAsian
11-08-2010, 10:56 AM
What sucks is that I hope the stains didn't pizz off the Pats like they did the Saints, or else we'll have yet another tough one to win.

Oviedo
11-08-2010, 11:29 AM

This is something everyone in the known universe knows - except ... maybe Ariens? The question now is whether Ariens and LeBeau will put together a game plan to defend against it ... AND a plan B for adjustments during the game.

As far as the "New England dink and dunk" the onus is completely on LeBeau to stop that and not just put his system out there and be confident it works. Playing the Pats will require real adjustments not just "trusting the system."

Ariens needs to look at what the Browns running game did to the Pats and use that.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
11-08-2010, 12:12 PM
Not too often that we have had reason to do this but.....

Congrats Cleveland. Welcome to respectability. :Clap