PDA

View Full Version : OT - NFL's most over rated player

Djfan
10-22-2010, 01:09 AM
I LOVE the Bungals!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Players-think-Terrell-Owens-is-the-most-overrate?urn=nfl-278583

Players think Terrell Owens is the most overrated in NFL

By Chris Chase

Terrell Owens(notes) is the most overrated player in the NFL, according to his peers.

In a poll of 269 NFL players released on Wednesday by Sports Illustrated, Owens was named most overrated by 14 percent of respondents, far outdistancing Tony Romo (7 percent), Mark Sanchez (5 percent), Albert Haynesworth (5 percent) and Eli Manning (4 percent).

Though NFL players are usually paragons of sound judgment, I'm going to have to take issue with this one. T.O. is the "most" in many categories: loud, over-exposed, attention-seeking, annoying, reluctant to run a crossing route, likely to star in unwatchable television shows. But overrated? If anything he's been underrated this year.

Owens didn't sign until the eve of training camp and was only able to muster a one-year deal from the Cincinnati Bengals. Basically, every team in the NFL passed on him during the offseason. All he's done so far in 2010 is put himself on pace to post career highs in receptions and yards, yet you never hear about his play, just his antics.

And for that, he's overrated? Hmm ... maybe Donovan McNabb went Chicago-style on this ballot and voted more than once.

By the players in the league!! OUCH!!

hawaiiansteel
10-22-2010, 01:16 AM
only saw the posted headline and guessed it probably was T.O.

I know some on this board wanted us to sign him, not me...

Crash
10-22-2010, 01:20 AM
I'd take TO in a minute if it gets Matt Spaeth off the field.

hawaiiansteel
10-22-2010, 01:25 AM

:lol:

ramblinjim
10-22-2010, 07:51 AM
I know it's politically incorrect to say it in the NFL but I still go with Favre.

Steelers>NFL
10-22-2010, 08:21 AM

Didn't you mean to say if it takes Hines Ward of the field. You don't like HW.

birtikidis
10-22-2010, 12:17 PM
Author forgets how TO leads the league in drops year in and year out. there are two Bungals that should have been on that list - TO and Palmer..
Romo, Favre and Cutler should be on there too

Dee Dub
10-22-2010, 12:24 PM
T.O.? In my opinion? Not even close. Itís his teammate Chad Ochostinko. The numbers donít lie. Chad= 26 catches (5.2 per game), on 316 yards and only 1 TD? Pedestrian at best. And this isnt just for this year. Look at last year.

feltdizz
10-22-2010, 01:35 PM
TO is the most over rated? LOL... not even close. It's Romo by a mile.... followed by Jay Cutler and the Palmer, Ocho connection. I would even put Moss up there. Given all his talent he mails it in way too much.

I know TO is annoying but players need to use honest assessments when voting for something like this. TO is the most over rated in his own mind but not by pundits and fans expectations.

DukieBoy
10-22-2010, 04:50 PM
This guy ought to be at least IN the conversation.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/tony-r ... als,18309/ (http://www.theonion.com/articles/tony-romo-asks-doctors-to-xray-his-stuffed-animals,18309/)

Crash
10-22-2010, 06:02 PM

Didn't you mean to say if it takes Hines Ward of the field. You don't like HW.

No, I said I would take TO if it gets Matt Spaeth off the field.

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-23-2010, 12:50 AM
TO may not be worth all the press he receives, but I would not say that he is grossly overrated - overrated maybe, but not grossly.

My top 5 in no particular order...........

Carson
Chad
Romo
McNabb
Favre

and for a special bonus - this year only......Mr. Revis Island.

Dee Dub
11-09-2010, 02:20 PM
T.O.? In my opinion? Not even close. Itís his teammate Chad Ochostinko. The numbers donít lie. Chad= 26 catches (5.2 per game), on 316 yards and only 1 TD? Pedestrian at best. And this isnt just for this year. Look at last year.

Awwwwwwwwwwh...Mr. Over-rated made his usual appearance last night.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Like I said when he was clamoring for the Bengals to sign T.O., it wouldnít take long before Ochostinko was unhappy about not getting the ball in his hands enough. Ochostinko doesnít get the ball because he canít get open and isnít tough enough to get anything underneath.

The most over-rated player in the game. :roll:

J Dogg
11-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Tony Romo
Brett Favre
Phillip Rivers
Jay Cutler
Brandon Marshall

feltdizz
11-10-2010, 09:42 AM
Tony Romo
Brett Favre
Phillip Rivers
Jay Cutler
Brandon Marshall

Rivers and Marshall? Naw... those guys have talent. Rivers is doing a lot with a little right now. He acts like a jerk but the guy is decent IMO.

J Dogg
11-10-2010, 09:58 AM
Tony Romo
Brett Favre
Phillip Rivers
Jay Cutler
Brandon Marshall

Rivers and Marshall? Naw... those guys have talent. Rivers is doing a lot with a little right now. He acts like a jerk but the guy is decent IMO.

Rivers is the same as Romo to me. Million dollar talent and a ten cent head. Plus he can't get it done in the post season.

Marshall could be the best receiver in the game if he gave a ****, but he's got more Moss and Ward in him right now. That could change though.