PDA

View Full Version : Imagine ...

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-21-2010, 06:38 PM
... if the US Boxing Federation came out and said boxers need to tone it down a bit, no aiming punches in the head and neck area. Can't have any more of those concussions/KNOCKOUTS any more, it's too dangerous.

... or if NASCAR came out and said, those curves are pretty dangerous, need to keep the speed under 60 mph; oh, and BTW, no passing within 2 feet of another car. Somebody might CRASH if new rules aren't put into effect.

Suspensions not just for the boxers, and the drivers - but for the trainers, and pit crews as well!

Not that they want to change the very defining nature of the sport.

(Oh, no penalty for the owners actually HIRE these people, that just can't be done, of course!).

skyhawk
10-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Didn't they slow down Indy cars?

I am not sure of the reason, but I seem to remember that back in the 90's.

flippy
10-22-2010, 07:37 AM
Fastballs cannot exceed 50 mph.

ramblinjim
10-22-2010, 07:46 AM
...and no more high and inside chin music either Flippy! :nono

feltdizz
10-22-2010, 03:31 PM
hockey banned the cross check.... or some kinda check... not sure about the terminology. 8)

steeler_fan_in_t.o.
10-22-2010, 03:42 PM
hockey banned the cross check.... or some kinda check... not sure about the terminology. 8)

Checking from behind which was already against the rules and has never been acceptable. The are now just stiffening the penalties for it.

RuthlessBurgher
10-22-2010, 04:21 PM

Checking from behind which was already against the rules and has never been acceptable. The are now just stiffening the penalties for it.

A Canadian knows the rules of hockey? I never would have guessed... :wink: