:D

papillon
10-21-2010, 12:38 PM
:D

Is there a game this weekend? :moon :P

Pappy

RuthlessBurgher
10-21-2010, 12:45 PM
I was actually going to start this thread yesterday...there are actual several possible talking points.

2nd straight week against a team with a team with a Wildcat threat.

3rd straight away game in a Southern city in which we will be wearing black and have a d-lineman out with injury (first Hampton, then Hoke, now Keisel).

Will Ike be shadowing BMarsh all game, or will he just stay on one side of the field?

After 0 sacks last week, will Ben fall victim to Cam Wake (6 sacks in 5 games) and Koa Misi (3 sacks in 5 games...3 starts...as a rookie)?

Miami likely thought that they had Keith Butler to be their defensive coordinator and Ryan Clark to be their free safety (both came back to Pittsburgh at the last minute).

rpmpit
10-21-2010, 12:52 PM
I heard that every member of the Dolphins have had their arms broken by teammates (like the scene in Victory - starring Sly Stallone, Pele and Michael Caine) so they won't have to play against an angry James Harrison.

What, no one remembers Victory??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fdejJGbaRV8/TCBGbqnGqsI/AAAAAAAAAwE/jyVlW1EWrFw/s1600/17.png

feltdizz
10-21-2010, 01:17 PM
I heard that every member of the Dolphins have had their arms broken by teammates (like the scene in Victory - starring Sly Stallone, Pele and Michael Caine) so they won't have to play against an angry James Harrison.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fdejJGbaRV8/TCBGbqnGqsI/AAAAAAAAAwE/jyVlW1EWrFw/s1600/17.png

we can win! I broke a few bed springs doing the Pele bicycle kick.

rpmpit
10-21-2010, 01:20 PM

we can win! I broke a few bed springs doing the Pele bicycle kick.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

feltdizz
10-21-2010, 01:23 PM
I was actually going to start this thread yesterday...there are actual several possible talking points.

3rd straight away game in a Southern city in which we will be wearing black and have a d-lineman out with injury (first Hampton, then Hoke, now Keisel).

Will Ike be shadowing BMarsh all game, or will he just stay on one side of the field?

After 0 sacks last week, will Ben fall victim to Cam Wake (6 sacks in 5 games) and Koa Misi (3 sacks in 5 games...3 starts...as a rookie)?

Miami likely thought that they had Keith Butler to be their defensive coordinator and Ryan Clark to be their free safety (both came back to Pittsburgh at the last minute).

Miami looks pretty good but their weakness is the special teams.

I would like to see Brown activated for Kick returns...

Also looking forward to our OL vs their DL....

off topic...

My boss tried to give me free Panther vs 49er tickets but I had to turn him down... told him my mother in law is coming to town. She really is coming to town but like my wife... she is also married to a Pittsburgh native so she knows the deal. I'm PO'd because every time the Steelers are on so are the Panthers... another 25 bucks to Fox and Hound.

How do you know a football team sucks? When the local fans offer you free tickets and you say no because your mother-in-law is coming to town.

papillon
10-21-2010, 02:11 PM

off topic...

My boss tried to give me free Panther vs 49er tickets but I had to turn him down... told him my mother in law is coming to town. She really is coming to town but like my wife... she is also married to a Pittsburgh native so she knows the deal. I'm PO'd because every time the Steelers are on so are the Panthers... another 25 bucks to Fox and Hound.

How do you know a football team sucks? When the local fans offer you free tickets and you say no because your mother-in-law is coming to town.

Mother-in-Law in town
Married to a Steeler fan
Two free tickets to Panthers vs 49ers
Reject free football game offer to spend time with Mother-In-Law

Priceless...For everything else there's PlanetSteelers :P

Pappy

feltdizz
10-21-2010, 02:26 PM

off topic...

Mother-in-Law in town
Married to a Steeler fan
Two free tickets to Panthers vs 49ers
Reject free football game offer to spend time with Mother-In-Law

Priceless...For everything else there's PlanetSteelers :P

Pappy

They know I'm a Steelers fan too... :wft do they keep asking me to go to Panthers games that are on at the same time as Steeler games.

We will be watching the Steeler game at Fox and Hound

skyhawk
10-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Ok.

So what is everyone's score prediction??

Mine is 24-20 Miama

feltdizz
10-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Ok.

So what is everyone's score prediction??

Mine is 24-20 Miama

:wft I could never do that...

27-16 us of course.

flippy
10-21-2010, 03:08 PM
I have a suspicion that Harrison will take out someone's knee this week. On accident of course.

JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
10-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Worried about Cameron Wake vs OTs.

Being a PSU homer, always liked Derek's motor and his abilty to turn the corner.

hawaiiansteel
10-21-2010, 03:32 PM
Steelers are favored by a FG, the bookmakers are never wrong...

Steelers 24- Dolphins 21

papillon
10-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Steelers: 24
Dolphins: 23

The Steelers score the go ahead TD with less than 30 seconds to go and Pappy makes a big move up the Monday Night Football Executive leaderboard. :P

Pappy

ramblinjim
10-21-2010, 03:49 PM
Our offense lights it up, their's plays better than it should.

38-24 - Stillers

Flasteel
10-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Henne is not the kind of quarterback who can beat us. We will shut down their potent running attack and force Henne to be the guy...and he will fail.
Steelers 27
Dolphins 17

fordfixer
10-21-2010, 06:57 PM
I predict that James Harrison will be suspend by the 2nd half

ikestops85
10-21-2010, 07:50 PM
I don't know the score but here's what will happen at the end of the game.

The Steelers are up by 4 with the ball and a first down on their own 20 at the 2 minute warning. Arians decides to get creative and instead of running Mendy up the middle he has Ben run around the left end. We get nothing and there is a timeout Miami.

Next play. Arians gets even more creative and runs Ben around the right end for 2 yards. Timeout Miami.

3rd down and Arians forgets about creativity and runs Mendy up the middle for a gain of 2. Miami is out of timeouts so the clock ticks down to a little over a minute when Sep punts the ball.

It's a nice kick that gets fair caught at the Miami 30 with 59 ticks left on the clock. First play and Miami runs a nice 12 yard out that stops the clock. First and 10 at the Miami 42. Steeler fans are starting to get nervous about another late game collapse by the defense.

Next play is an incompletion on a slant play. Ike had great coverage, stepped in front of the receiver and then dropped the ball. :HeadBanger 2nd down.

Miami throws a beautiful back shoulder pass to Brandon Marshall who catches the ball over Ike and steps out of bounds. 1st and 10 at the Steeler 38 with 43 seconds left.

Next play Miami hits Marshall on a crossing pattern over the middle. Marshall breaks a couple of tackles until he is finally dragged down at the Pittsburgh 7 yard line. The dolphins hurry up and Henne spikes the ball. 2nd and goal at the Steeler 7 with 13 seconds left.

Next play Henne hits Ronnie Brown on a curl out of the backfield at about the 2 yard line. James Harrison sees the play coming and using perfect tackling form hits through Brown causing the ball to bounce up in the air. The ever alert Polamalu grabs the ball out of the air and lays down at the 5.

Steeler fans are going wild so they don't notice the yellow hankie on the field. Yes folks, Harrison's tackle hurt Brown which is the reason he coughed up the ball. I mean if it didn't hurt why would Brown give up the football? Steeler fans and players are in shock. Harrison walks off the field in disgust and is replaced by Woirlds. First and goal for the dolphins at the steeler 3 1/2 with 5 seconds left in the game.

Next play the dolphins, realizing the steelers are gun shy, run a QB draw up the middle. The steeler players, unsure whether they are allowed to hit a QB, or if they can only hit him in a certain area, just sort of let him waltz through the line and score.

We lose :HeadBanger

Okay, that was the nightmare I had last night :twisted:

DukieBoy
10-21-2010, 08:36 PM
James Harrison sings the National Anthem, plays two-ways so he can get rough on the offensive side of the ball without worry.

Two INT's by Troy, one forced fumble by James, 5 sacks by the Steelers. Steelers shut down their run game for less than 80 yards. Mendy gets 100 and Ben throws 3 TD's.

Steelers 31, Dophins 13.

Write it down, Bubby.

AkronSteel
10-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Steelers 24
Dolphins 14

Game is never really that close!!! The Dolphins can't run the ball on the Steelers and Henne is not good enough to beat them by himself!!!

hawaiiansteel
10-22-2010, 01:36 AM
Wake must clock Big Ben for Dolphins

October, 21, 2010
By Tim Graham

The Miami Dolphins are looking for their first victory in Sun Life Stadium, and they'll have a difficult task pulling it off Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

AccuScore forecasts the Dolphins remaining an anomaly with an undefeated road record while winless at home.

But there's wiggle room. Overall, the Dolphins win 47 percent of the time in AccuScore's 10,000 simulations. If Cameron Wake and his fellow pass-rushers can sack Ben Roethlisberger at least four times (doable), and Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown can average 4 yards a carry (also doable), then the Dolphins' chances of victory rise to 67 percent.

If the Steelers can pick off Chad Henne at least twice, they have a 73 percent chance to win.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... r-dolphins (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/20385/wake-must-clock-big-ben-for-dolphins)

DarthDeebo
10-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Steelers-17
Dolphins-6

Deebo with 3 knockouts, including Henne

Oviedo
10-22-2010, 11:19 AM
Steelers 27 Fishes 13

RuthlessBurgher
10-22-2010, 03:22 PM
Write it down, Bubby.

http://psamp.com/images/stories/bubbybristerpoint.jpg

RuthlessBurgher
10-22-2010, 03:25 PM
Wake must clock Big Ben for Dolphins

October, 21, 2010
By Tim Graham

The Miami Dolphins are looking for their first victory in Sun Life Stadium, and they'll have a difficult task pulling it off Sunday against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

AccuScore forecasts the Dolphins remaining an anomaly with an undefeated road record while winless at home.

But there's wiggle room. Overall, the Dolphins win 47 percent of the time in AccuScore's 10,000 simulations. If Cameron Wake and his fellow pass-rushers can sack Ben Roethlisberger at least four times (doable), and Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown can average 4 yards a carry (also doable), then the Dolphins' chances of victory rise to 67 percent.

If the Steelers can pick off Chad Henne at least twice, they have a 73 percent chance to win.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/ ... r-dolphins (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/20385/wake-must-clock-big-ben-for-dolphins)

Both Ricky Williams and Ronnie Brown averaging 4 yards a carry against our defense is doable???

News flash...the Steelers allow a league-low 63.6 rushing yards per game (2.7 yards per carry).

hawaiiansteel
10-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Miami Dolphins' big task Sunday against Pittsburgh Steelers: Contain Big Ben

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/multimedia/dynamic/00578/Browns_Steelers_Foo_578779e.jpg

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, left, and receiver Hines Ward watch a replay during the fourth quarter of an NFL football game in Pittsburgh, Sunday, Oct. 17, 2010. The Steelers defeated the Cleveland Browns 28-10. (AP Photo/Gene J. Puskar)

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/multimedia/dynamic/00575/Browns_Steelers_Foo_575961e.jpg

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (7) gets rid of the ball as he is hit by Cleveland Browns defensive tackle Shaun Rogers (92) in the second quarter of an NFL football game Sunday, Oct. 17, 2010, in Pittsburgh. (AP Photo/Keith Srakocic)

DAVIE NFL analyst Solomon Wilcots of CBS lives only a short drive from the Miami of Ohio campus, so he's been watching Ben Roethlisberger play quarterback for 10 years. Wilcots, who was in Pittsburgh last week for Roethlisberger's return from a four-game suspension, wasn't surprised when the Steelers offense initially struggled against Cleveland.

Then, midway through the third quarter, it happened.

"They started inside their own 5 and bang-bang, there it was: four throws, three complete, 95 yards and a touchdown," Wilcots said. "Just beautiful."

Roethlisberger wound up completing 16 of 27 passes for 257 yards with three touchdowns and an interception. His passer rating of 112.7 would rank first in the league if he had enough throws to qualify.

"I came away from watching that tape with the feeling that this is a good football team that just took a giant leap forward with his return," said fellow CBS analyst Dan Dierdorf, who will be in the booth Sunday when the Steelers face the Dolphins at Sun Life Stadium.

While Roethlisberger is seldom put on the same lofty plane as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, statistics don't lie. Since being drafted 11th overall in 2004, he has taken Pittsburgh to two Super Bowls, winning one, has won 61 of 87 regular-season starts, completed 63.3 percent of his passes and led 20 fourth-quarter comeback wins.

While some argue that Roethlisberger's success is a byproduct of the Steelers' system, his size (6-foot-5, 241 pounds) and strength are integral parts of their smashmouth style.

After going 6-10 with Tommy Maddox at quarterback in 2003, the Steelers went 15-1 in Roethlisberger's first year and haven't had a losing season since.

This year, they started 3-1 while Roethlisberger was serving an NFL suspension for violating the league's personal-conduct policy. Police had investigated him for an alleged sexual assault, but no charges were filed.

While his behavior has been questioned, no one doubts his competitiveness or ability.

"When he's out there he can make plays a lot of quarterbacks can't, because being as big and physical as he is, he's able to shed some of those defensive ends and linebackers and make something happen," Dolphins backup quarterback Tyler Thigpen said.

That was never more evident than on Pittsburgh's winning drive against Arizona in the Super Bowl in February 2009. Taking the ball at his own 23 with 2:37 to play, Roethlisberger time and again eluded defenders as he marched the Steelers 78 yards in eight plays. The winning score came on an 8-yard pass to Belle Glade product Santonio Holmes in the corner of the end zone with 35 seconds to play.

"That game was Ben doing what he does best," Wilcots said.

One of the Arizona defenders whom Roethlisberger victimized was linebacker Karlos Dansby, now a starter for the Dolphins.

"Every time the NFL Network puts it on TV I have to relive it, and I hate that," Dansby said. "Now I've got another shot at him."

The Dolphins had their own shot at Roethlisberger in last season's finale and also came up short. While they sacked him three times, he completed 18 of 27 passes for 220 yards and three scores in a 30-24 victory.

"What I remember is how well he anticipates the rush," strong safety Yeremiah Bell said. "When guys are blitzing he almost feels them, and he's able to step up or duck under. He's hard to tackle, and when you do tackle him you've got to hold onto his arm, because he's almost always able to get the ball off."

"He's so big," defensive end Tony McDaniel added, "it's almost like tackling a defensive lineman."

"I'm sure every defender in the NFL thinks about his physicality," Dierdorf said.

For Dierdorf, Roethlisberger is a larger-than-life example of what the quarterback position has become.

"Dan Marino was a big man, but he was ahead of the curve with his size at quarterback," Dierdorf said. "Now they're all big, to a point where people wonder how a 6-foot Drew Brees can survive.

"But (Roethlisberger's) ability to run around behind the line of scrimmage and extend the life of a play with his legs, he's probably the best at that of any of the big guys."

With that in mind, coach Tony Sparano has been telling his defensive backs to stay with their receivers until they hear the whistle.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dol ... 87492.html (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dolphins/miami-dolphins-big-task-sunday-against-pittsburgh-steelers-987492.html)

Flasteel
10-23-2010, 04:41 PM
While Roethlisberger is seldom put on the same lofty plane as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, statistics don't lie. Since being drafted 11th overall in 2004, he has taken Pittsburgh to two Super Bowls, winning one, has won 61 of 87 regular-season starts, completed 63.3 percent of his passes and led 20 fourth-quarter comeback wins.

Really? This person is paid to write about pro football and they actually wrote this?...and it got by the editor? :wft

hawaiiansteel
10-23-2010, 11:47 PM
Steelers set to square off against host Dolphins

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/t_sparano_101017_QT.jpg

Tony Sparano's team has yet to win at home so far this season.
(David Stluka / Associated Press)

The storyline

Ben Roethlisberger worked through the rust last week in his return from suspension. Now he meets a road crowd for the first time since the latest sexual allegations against him, where the reaction could be quite hostile.

Why you should watch

The Dolphins need to find a way to translate their gritty road style (3-0), to the comforts of home. Brandon Marshall will see plenty of Troy Polamalu over the top, but Davone Bess is making teams pay for that tactic. Both teams are in the thick of the playoff chase.

Did you know?

The Steelers have won four consecutive games against the Dolphins. ... Pittsburgh leads the NFL in scoring defense. ... Dolphins running back Ronnie Brown is averaging 5.7 yards per carry in the fourth quarter. ... Miami's Chad Henne has four 300-yard passing games in his last five at home.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201010240 ... full-story (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2010102401/2010/REG7/steelers@dolphins#preview-channels:cat-pre-preview-full-story)