PDA

View Full Version : Newz Flash: James Harrison to Unleash HELL!!!

Discipline of Steel
10-20-2010, 06:25 PM
The way I see it...one of three things are going to happen this coming Sunday.

1-James Harrison will retire because he cant play the game any way but the way he has been taught his entire life. Kudos to this courageous decision.

2-The NFL players will picket and protest and not play a down because the game is suddenly way different than the one they signed their contracts to play. All NFL defenders feel put upon since they now live under the fear of suspension if they make an outstanding play. We all know offensive players will never be suspended for anything related to the recent rule change.

3-Games will be played and James Harrison will be FEROCIOUSLY MAD. I feel sorry for Miami as he forces Goodell's hand into suspending him. Goodell will look like he has singled out James Harrison, the best defender in the league, in the process.

Chadman
10-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Somewhere out there, Chad Henne is praying for option 1...

D Rock
10-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Hines Ward will knock someone out just to prove that offensive players can do it too

Eich
10-20-2010, 07:15 PM
4. Games will be played and James Harrison will play but will watch ball carriers whiz past him as he looks to find an angle that won't hurt the poor, defenseless guy or cost Harrison $100k.

LordVile
10-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Hines Ward will knock someone out just to prove that offensive players can do it too
:Beer +1

Discipline of Steel
10-20-2010, 07:44 PM
:Beer +1

+2 :Beer :Beer

Someone from the Steelers is getting ejected next Sunday, mark it down, you heard it here first.

Then all the silly pundits who never played the game will sit and microanalyze every facet of the ejected players position as contact was made...frame by frame. And the play will be the most frequently portrayed play on all the highlight shows. and that player will become a martyr for all the others living in fear of the league office, afraid to do their jobs as theyve been taught all their lives.

RuthlessBurgher
10-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Goodell's punishment will light a fire under Ben.

Goodell's punishment will light a fire under Harrison.

I can't wait to see which of our players that he fines or suspends next, because that guy will come back with a vengence as well...with a chip on his shoulder...with something to prove.

Every year, championship teams have to manufacture some sort of an "us-against-the-world" mentality (for example, playing the all-too-common "no one believed in us" disrespect card) that brings everything together. We had that in 2005 and 2008, and experienced the opposite in 2006 and 2009 (we were highly regarded and expected to win in those seasons). This year, they can simply use "the man (Goodell) is trying to hold us down" card. Teammates will rally behind Ben and James and whoever else gets unfairly punished during this season.

Discipline of Steel
10-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Goodell's punishment will light a fire under Ben.

Goodell's punishment will light a fire under Harrison.

I can't wait to see which of our players that he fines or suspends next, because that guy will come back with a vengence as well...with a chip on his shoulder...with something to prove.

Every year, championship teams have to manufacture some sort of an "us-against-the-world" mentality (for example, playing the all-too-common "no one believed in us" disrespect card) that brings everything together. We had that in 2005 and 2008, and experienced the opposite in 2006 and 2009 (we were highly regarded and expected to win in those seasons). This year, they can simply use "the man (Goodell) is trying to hold us down" card. Teammates will rally behind Ben and James and whoever else gets unfairly punished during this season.

Theres the silver lining...thank you Ruthless! The nightmare gets worse for Goodell. The more he tries to keep his hated Steelers down, the better and more fired up they play. I bet he cant stand it!!! Miami, say your prayers.

skyhawk
10-21-2010, 02:45 AM
With the news of fines and suspensions, I am concerned about MORE injuries due to tentativeness.

A perfect recipe for injuries folks.

Shawn
10-21-2010, 12:18 PM
Somewhere out there, Chad Henne is praying for option 1...

:lol:

papillon
10-21-2010, 12:37 PM
I'm hoping Ward does the hitting, because, the new interpretation and punishment is definitely directed at defensive players. Maybe, Ward can light someone up and then we'll have the maelstrom all over again next week. :lol:

Pappy