PDA

View Full Version : Pay James Harrisons' Bogus Fine

SteelCrazy
10-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Pretty cool that they started this........Check it out

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pay-James ... 6989903782 (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pay-James-Harrisons-Bogus-Fine/134796989903782)

papillon
10-20-2010, 02:08 PM
If you send it to the NFL offices it will go to charity and Harrison won't see one penny of it. Nice thought, but the Rooney's are the ones that should clamoring for their check book, not the fans.

Pappy

SteelCrazy
10-20-2010, 02:22 PM
If you send it to the NFL offices it will go to charity and Harrison won't see one penny of it. Nice thought, but the Rooney's are the ones that should clamoring for their check book, not the fans.

Pappy

I think its more about being heard than really trying to pay the fine. Everyone is taking pics of the envelope and dollar before sending it off....some are pretty funny

D Rock
10-20-2010, 07:22 PM
I believe my accompanying note would have to be simple....

Dear Roger,

You suck at your job.

AngryAsian
10-20-2010, 07:28 PM
This is genius. I hope it gets a lot of exposure. **** Goodell. Sick and tired of this teeing off on Steeler players.

SteelCrazy
10-20-2010, 11:33 PM
This is genius. I hope it gets a lot of exposure. **** Goodell. Sick and tired of this teeing off on Steeler players.

Its starting to get a lot of exposure. A few articles and a phone interview with the creator on WTAE.

Djfan
10-21-2010, 12:54 AM
For the record, the girl who started it is a proud member of The Steel City Mafia!!!

Oh yeah. Goodell sucks!!!

fordfixer
10-29-2010, 12:37 AM
Odds & Ends
http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/ind ... dds-a-ends (http://blogs.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/sports/blog-n-gold/22675-odds-a-ends)
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 02:35 PM
Written by Dan Gigler

A six-pack of Black & Gold tidbits for a Thursday ...

1. Sacks for Kids.

silverbackattackLeah Griffin, the Baltimore woman who started the Pay James Harrison's Bogus Fine Facebok page (13,000+ members) reports that she's spoken with folks in the NFL offices and indicated that any money sent to Park Ave. in honor of #92's aggressive play should be re-routed to James Harrison's charity, Sacks For Kids, based through the Beaver County YMCA.

Leah said: "Sacks for Kids is a program that provides "scholarships" for kids who want to join the YMCA but can't. Once a child applies and is accepted, they are granted a one year membership to the YMCA. ... A lot of these kids can not afford it and without the Y would more than likely be at home by themselves while parents are working...or worse, running the streets with no supervision."

A representative from the NFL is supposed to be in touch with her once the money is totaled.

If you'd like to donate to this worthy program, here is the contact info:

Renee Sannan
Beaver County YMCA
c/o Sacks for Kids
2236 Third Avenue
New Brighton, PA 15066
(724-847-2200)

frankthetank1
10-29-2010, 07:51 AM

Pappy

when i first heard about the fines i was hoping the rooney's would put up the money for harrison. its not fair the guy has to pay 75K for playing hard football. he didnt do anything wrong. eventhough 75K isnt much to him it still isnt right.

papillon
10-29-2010, 08:34 AM

Pappy

when i first heard about the fines i was hoping the rooney's would put up the money for harrison. its not fair the guy has to pay 75K for playing hard football. he didnt do anything wrong. eventhough 75K isnt much to him it still isnt right.

The Steelers organization may have done something for Silverback; they just don't advertise these types of things, it's family business and they tend to keep it that way. Based on the support Silverback has received from Tomlin and the organization I'd be surprised if they didn't "compensate" him in some fashion for the fine.

Pappy

proudpittsburgher
10-29-2010, 10:58 AM
As much as I support James, he certainly doesn't need me or anyone else to pay his fine.

Sugar
10-29-2010, 12:45 PM

Pappy

The Steelers organization may have done something for Silverback; they just don't advertise these types of things, it's family business and they tend to keep it that way. Based on the support Silverback has received from Tomlin and the organization I'd be surprised if they didn't "compensate" him in some fashion for the fine.

Pappy

Besides the fact that the Steelers would have problems with the league if they were overtly paying the disciplinary fines of a player.