PDA

View Full Version : Timmons Defensive Player of the Week

Oviedo
10-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Not too bad for a slow developing, borderline bust

Timmons named defensive player of week
Wednesday, October 20, 2010
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Steelers inside linebacker Lawrence Timmons, who had 11 tackles (nine solo), two sacks and an interception in a victory against the Cleveland Browns, was named the AFC defensive player of the week.

Timmons leads the Steelers and is fourth in the NFL with 59 tackles.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10293/10 ... z12ukxR3z7 (http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10293/1096623-66.stm#ixzz12ukxR3z7)

flippy
10-20-2010, 12:04 PM
As good as he's playing, I have a feeling that next year will be a breakout year for him.

This isn't a knock, he's playing great.

But I think he's still got another level in front of him.

ikestops85
10-20-2010, 12:07 PM
As good as he's playing, I have a feeling that next year will be a breakout year for him.

The problem is Timmons is developing some bad habits. I saw him hit some of those guys pretty hard on Sunday. He is going to have to stop that if he really wants to be considered good. 8)

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-20-2010, 12:09 PM
What, Harrison didn't win????

:stirpot

papillon
10-20-2010, 12:57 PM

The problem is Timmons is developing some bad habits. I saw him hit some of those guys pretty hard on Sunday. He is going to have to stop that if he really wants to be considered good. 8)

:Bow :Bow

ROTFLMAO

Pappy

phillyesq
10-20-2010, 01:53 PM
Not too bad for a slow developing, borderline bust

What happened to our truce? Harrison played pretty well for a guy that was over the hill and had a poor second half last season. :stirpot

I'm glad that Timmons has developed and is playing at the level he is. It doesn't and won't change the fact that I was disappointed with his play his first three years in the league. And, I believe there was an article recently where Timmons was quoted discussing how he really worked to get better against the run this year (and acknowledging that he didn't play particularly well against the run last year).

feltdizz
10-20-2010, 02:05 PM
That sign of a good player is one who keeps working on his weaknesses.

Will the first 3 years (2 IMO) really be held over Timmons head for the next 3 years (2 IMO).Can players grow or should they play at a high level on day 1 and elevate form there? Does anyone say Troy is awesome but he disappointed his first year?

What is the point of looking back 3 years (2 IMO) when Timmons is playing insane football right now?

Eddie Spaghetti
10-20-2010, 02:20 PM
does "saint lebeau" get any credit for timmons development?

:roll:

Oviedo
10-20-2010, 03:13 PM

No because players should not be allowed to develop they should be immediate sensations. :roll: :roll:

Eddie Spaghetti
10-20-2010, 03:20 PM

No because players should not be allowed to develop they should be immediate sensations. :roll: :roll:

ahhh. i seem to remember some comments about how "saint lebeau" needs to dumb down his playbook to get defensive players on field more quickly.

which one is it? :roll: :roll: :roll:

skyhawk
10-20-2010, 06:24 PM
I am sure Timmons will get fined next week for something. That's the hypocrisy of the NFL.

Just like Harrison got fined AND was player of the week vs the Tits.

DukieBoy
10-20-2010, 06:45 PM
NFFL ...
Tackling = 15 yard penalty.
Tackling too hard = 15 yard penalty and thrown out of the game.
Tackling really too hard = 15 yards, thrown out and fined $25K.
Tackling so hard that it is replayed over and over and over on highlights = 15, ejected, $75K, and suspended.

skyhawk
10-20-2010, 06:51 PM
NFFL ...
Tackling so hard that it is replayed over and over and over on highlights = 15, ejected, $75K, and suspended.PRICELESS!!

Fixed that for ya ;)

:tt2

DukieBoy
10-20-2010, 06:55 PM
NFFL ...
Tackling so hard that it is replayed over and over and over on highlights = 15, ejected, $75K, and suspended.PRICELESS!!

Fixed that for ya ;)

:tt2
Looks good. Thanks.