PDA

View Full Version : Redundant Thoughts 2010 Week 6 – Browns

redundantman
10-20-2010, 07:53 AM
1. Nice reception from the Heinz Field faithful. Big Ben is back ladies and gentlemen! Please take care to hide your young college-age daughters.

2. Being the kind and gracious person I am when this game started I was originally thinking “Poor Colt McCoy”. However the Steelers didn’t seem to come after him the way I thought they could. I would imagine this is what is called “strategy”.

3. Don’t you just love Solomon Wilcots? Hey Solomon, you left your book in the broadcaster’s booth again:

http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/510P2XsOwxL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

4. Did you notice how quickly Solomon started trying to talk up Colt; mentioning that Colt might “get comfortable” against the Steelers? The next play was a sack by Woodley back to the 50 and the next play after that was a pick off a deflection.

5. Ben’s early bad pass (yeah, that one) yielded a long runback and a collective chorus of “I told you so’s” from the thousands of talking heads who kept saying that Ben was going to “be rusty” coming off his suspension. Who is this Rusty person and why was Ben so interested in being him anyway?

6. Adding insult to stupidity Wilcots was later heard criticizing Colt on a 3rd and 17 as he was running for his life from James “helmet-to-helmet hit” Harrison and his band of desperados were tracking him down. Mr. Wilcots felt that Colt had “given up on the play too quickly”.

http://chzupnextinsports.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/funny-sports-pictures-quar-derp-back.jpg
What a scaredy-cat may look like.

7. At the end of the 1st quarter the Steelers offense had moved the ball well and converted third downs. The Browns on the other hand had two possessions and were not able to maintain drives. Clearly the Browns were pleased as pie. The Steelers should have buried them by this time.

8. Did you notice on the first TD pass that Ben looked over his shoulder to see the pressure coming to his back. He then turned back, finds and hits Wallace for the TD. Ben is just cool that way.

9. You know, I am all for letting football players be football players but did you see Cribbs laying there literally twitching after Harrison laid him out? That looked scary.

10. David Johnson takes a page from Flozell Adam’s playbook and blocks Mendy out of bounds on the run from the 2 yard line! Perhaps Tomlin should suggest to Mendenhall that he avoid his teammates when he has the ball.

11. Did you notice that Colt’s dad was judiciously wearing a Longhorn’s shirt at Heinz Field. What? Couldn’t find a Cleveland Browns shirt there, pop? Interesting that the school colors are close but can you really blame Mr. McCoy?

SportsPickle:
Colt McCoy Vows Revenge on Browns for Passing on Him in the 1st Round (http://www.sportspickle.com/news/863/colt-mccoy-vows-revenge-on-browns-for-passing-on-him-in-the-1st-round)

12. Harrison lays out Massaquoi. I’m sure the sports media will respond reasonably.

http://www.insidesocal.com/tomhoffarth/cb7a336781d04f6bbc6095eca93b5870.jpg
I’ve got an idea!

13. That penalty on the last play of the first half begs two obvious questions... #1. what is “illegal touching” and #2. was it called on Ben? Cause he is quite the prevert you know?

14. Halftime! 7-3? You can’t be serious? The Steelers should be destroying this team.

15. You know, those girls in the Corona add are terrible receivers. They didn’t catch a single one of those balls. And I've heard Christina Hendricks is an awful cook.

16. Did you notice that the Heinz Field turf looks greener than the turf at Reliant Stadium?

17. If the Browns had won they could have credited their punter. Dude had the touch for pinning the Steelers deep all game long. That’s a wonderful thing but if you have a punter that is consistent at pinning the opponents deep that also means you have an offense that consistently stalls at the 40 yard line.

18. The Steelers were seriously wearing them down in the second half. That was good to see. But Ben did seem to lose his edge as well.

19. 2 consecutive penalties on two consecutive punt attempts?! Grab your pitch forks and torches we’re gonna string that special teams coach up! Nothing good ever comes of redoing punts!

20. Did you hear Solomon Wilcots quietly sobbing in the corner of the booth as McCoy threw that pick to Timmons? Poor Colt. Poor Solomon … hims had a bad day!
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/funny-pictures-depressed-cat.jpg
Hang in there!

21. The Steelers had 21 points off of turnovers.

22. I had heard that at the same time the NFL was fining James Harrison they were also selling pictures of his hit on Massaquoi off of NFL.com. Stay classy NFL.

http://graneyandthepig.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/ryanleafjersey.jpg?w=450&h=450
Perhaps if they sold a few more of these they wouldn’t have to resort to such tactics?

23. My 9 year old daughter joined me and my father to watch the game this week. After noting the score late in the game she had this thought to offer. So here you go: first ever thought from redundantdaughter:
“The Browns only have 10 points? … maybe they’d be better at a different sport?”

*Snif* I am so proud of her. It took me until I as in my early teens to realize the joy of mnocking the Browns.

24. After whining so dramatically about the Steelers losing to the Ravens I have no choice but to be satisfied with a win over the Browns right? Well I don’t know about that. The win could have been more convincing had Rusty not been quite so Ben earlier in the game. The Steelers are consistently referred to as one of the best teams in the NFL at the moment. The “3-1 without their QB” did not go unnoticed by the sports media talking heads which I find fascinating due to the fact that Ben is routinely ignored by these same people when discussion about the NFL’s elite quarterbacks occur. Brady, Manning, Brees, Rivers, Palmer, etc. We’ve all heard it before. If Ben is mentioned it tends to be as a pervy afterthought. Keeping it in perspective: there is something to be said about winning the games you should win. But getting overly excited about beating the Browns would be silly wouldn’t it?

ramblinjim
10-20-2010, 08:58 AM
good stuff Redundant man! You should be quite proud of your daughter learning about the Browns so early!

:tt2

redundantman
10-20-2010, 03:17 PM
good stuff Redundant man! You should be quite proud of your daughter learning about the Browns so early!

:tt2

If they don't want to be mocked then they should stop being Cleveland Browns.

Lonbull
10-20-2010, 03:37 PM
12. Harrison lays out Massaquoi. I’m sure the sports media will respond reasonably.

22. I had heard that at the same time the NFL was fining James Harrison they were also selling pictures of his hit on Massaquoi off of NFL.com. Stay classy NFL.

The Typical NFL Announcers after Harrison's hit -

That's awful, he should be fined - he could really hurt someone......let's look at it again :roll:

L.B.