PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Release Randle El, Bring Back Cedric Wilson

SidSmythe
10-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Just Kiddin'
Man that guy sucked!!! :moon

Shawn
10-19-2010, 11:18 PM
My heart just dropped. I would much rather have Cedric the Entertainer play wide out for the BnG.

Captain Lemming
10-19-2010, 11:26 PM
My heart just dropped. I would much rather have Cedric the Entertainer play wide out for the BnG.

Little known fact: He became known as "the Entertainer" because of the spectacular catches he made as a college receiver before he blew his knee out and has to "settle" for a career in comedy.

SanAntonioSteelerFan
10-19-2010, 11:59 PM
In all seriousness, didn't ARE muff a punt this past weekend, right around the 5 or 10 yard line?

I remember asking myself, "Hey, a rook could have done that too - we have ARE back there because why, exactly?"

At least with a rook we have a chance of running one back for 6.

1st and Goal--
10-20-2010, 01:41 PM

Saw this yesterday but did not have time to post. CW was a player I really liked a lot.

What is funny about this is, last week for several hours I was digging up stuff on Cedrick. I remembered the analysis of Pat Kirwan for the 05 championship game and was trying to find it. I found some things but not exactly what I was looking for.

Anyway, Kirwan said how efficient and/or productive he was that season. He said he based it on the % of plays he was on the field relative to his performance etc. Anyway, the result was very favorable.

I did not need Kirwan to tell me this, I watched the games. CW made many big 3rd down plays throughout the season.

The reason I was interested in him at this time was as early as late TC I commented on what I perceived as the similarity of this season and the 05 season. Steelers going into the season minus a star WR---the very positive outlook of many posters---stuff like that.

I wanted to see if I could find some good stats to support my premise that maybe Cedrick Wilson was more valuable and a bigger contributor to the Steelers success than ARE. Well, I could not, since surprisingly, I had forgotten El was a starter and played almost as many downs as Ward. Pretty hard to compare one player to another when one plays almost twice as much as the other.

But then watching Sunday's game --- there it is again---another similarity. Emmanuel Sanders makes 2 very important 3rd down catches----Is he the new CW?---[referring only to making those key 3rd down conversions]

Okay, I know some are thinking WTF is he doing talking about Cedrick Wilson when maybe the biggest challenge of the season is on the menu for the next several weeks. Well, I'm already ready for that and I think the Steelers are too. So in the meanwhile I plan on killing some time digging up stuff about the 05 game. Try it, there are some really informative articles from Football Outsiders, Kirwan etc.

I did an advanced Google search for Cedrick Wilson and in the "one or more of these words" put "Kirwan."