PDA

View Full Version : FOUR Man Rush

SidSmythe
10-18-2010, 05:06 PM
While I am impressed w/ Colt McCoy's first start in the NFL, i have to say I am partially disappointed w/ our lack of blitzing yesterday.
McCoy had a pocket to throw from and was able to put up some good yards due to our 4 man pass rush. What happened to our merciless pass blitzing???

skyhawk
10-18-2010, 05:45 PM
It seemed many times the only player blitzing was Troy. Totally taking him out of the play :HeadBanger

winwithd
10-18-2010, 07:22 PM
Maybe they didn't blitz because they figured that it is exactly what the Browns were expecting. And they wanted to surprise them.

I am wondering why, if we are only rushing four, are the receivers getting open. They were mostly short routes, but some of them were longer in the fourth quarter.

ikestops85
10-18-2010, 08:19 PM
I think they blitzed about as much as normal. I think they must have seen a tell from Mack or one of the other lineman because we timed some blitzes perfectly. Troy, Timmons, Harrison and Woodley got some running starts at the LOS and didn't even hesitate like they knew the snap was coming. I think they only got caught once rushing early.

Some good coaching going on. :Cheers

RuthlessBurgher
10-19-2010, 04:27 PM
The Browns were at their best in this game throwing screen passes, and blitzing tends to invite them to do more of that sort of thing. On more than one occassion, one of our blitzers would come free, the RB would chip him and then go out into the flat where McCoy would loft a soft pass a half second before the blitzer got to him, resulting in a reasonable gain for them.

Shawn
10-19-2010, 10:11 PM
The Browns were at their best in this game throwing screen passes, and blitzing tends to invite them to do more of that sort of thing. On more than one occassion, one of our blitzers would come free, the RB would chip him and then go out into the flat where McCoy would loft a soft pass a half second before the blitzer got to him, resulting in a reasonable gain for them.

Good observation. A good DC adapts his play calling to the team they play. The Steelers bent but didn't break.